The Education Forum

David Morales

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Rex.

The Morales in Vietnam photos (1969 - 71) show that he lost some considerable weight compared to the Morales in Peru images (1966 - 67).

Images of him from the mid 1970's show that he put some weight back on.

Does anyone know who the tall bald guy is in the Vietnam images?

James

James,

File this under "Better late than never" ...

The tall man is Colonel William P. Grieves, aka "Pappy", aka "P", aka "Colonel Bill."

Grieves was born in 1913. ...

Colonel Grieves is pictured talking to David Morales in pictures 1 and 3, and likely Special Branch police, around 1969-1970. The listed source for the pictures of Grieves and Morales is:

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Essay_-_The_BBCs_Flawed_RFK_Story

In the second picture, Grieves is walking behind National Police Field Forces chief Colonel Nguyen Van Dai, February 1970. Unknown individual behind Grieves. Picture courtesy Douglas C. Valentine.

See:

http://www.douglasvalentine.com/the_phoenix_program_11712.htm

http://www.amazon.com/The-Phoenix-Program-Douglas-Valentine/dp/0595007384

post-5913-0-61326400-1379112693_thumb.jpg

post-5913-0-37661700-1379112721_thumb.jpg

post-5913-0-61947600-1379112732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Rosen

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Steve. Appreciated.

Great to see you back James. My all-time favourite poster.

Thank you, John. It's nice to be back.

Hey, maybe we can get back to answering questions once again, instead of debating dead horses.

Now if only Greg Parker, Dick Russell, Doug Horne, Tony Summers, Gary Aguilar, Bill Turner et al. will also return, we can really get back into the swing of things.

Thanks, Steve. Appreciated.

Great to see you back James. My all-time favourite poster.

Thank you, John. It's nice to be back.

Hey, maybe we can get back to answering questions once again, instead of debating dead horses.

Now if only Greg Parker, Dick Russell, Doug Horne, Tony Summers, Gary Aguilar, Bill Turner et al. will also return, we can really get back into the swing of things.

Those guys don't beat dead horses?

For all we know Oswald's handlers were set up as back up patsies.

Ain't Oswald a bit of a dead horse?

• 3 months later...

James,

I definitely agree. Weren't some of David Morales' friends and relatives from Arizona? I will be anxious to find out what your interviews come up with when you get ready to post them.

By the way, you have an excellent photographic collection that you have shared here. (Greg Kooyman)

Greg,

Thank you for the nice words. Arizona may play an important role in all of this. Morales was connected to Carl Hayden's brother and some shonky business deals may have been the result. Morales was also supposedly close with Barry Goldwater which is an area I am currently looking into.

Let's not forget that Morales' close associate during the covert years was Arizona resident Tom Clines. William Seymour was born in Montana but spent a lot of time in Arizona where he currently resides. That's another story for another thread but it plugs back into Morales and his influence over local politics.

FWIW.

James

Hi James,

At 03:58 of this Black Op Radio video, could the man with his back to the camera and scratching his neck be David Sanchez Morales? IMHO, there's a striking resemblance in body type, hair, and complexion. Regardless, I wonder if the guy wasn't really scratching his neck but signaling something, kinda like the Japanese guy might have been doing while walking around with "arms akimbo" one week later during Oswald's leafleting at the International Trade Mart?

BTW, does anyone know who took this short clip of Oswald's being arrested on August 9,1963 in New Orleans? The clip I'm talking about starts at 03:50.

John "Jack" T. Martin?

James Douglas?

A New Orleans TV station?

--Tommy :sun

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves