The Education Forum

David Morales

none of this is convincing nor compelling evidence

It all adds up, like circumstantial evidence tends to do in a crime, even if not enough to convict. I think that anyone who still doubts that the CIA was involved, after everything it has pulled in this case (e.g., Hunt's whereabouts on 11/22/63 which even the Rockefeller Commission couldn't find out, Joannides and the DRE and the secret files thereon, Blahut and the HSCA's safe, the sabotage of the Garrison investigation, Morales' credible if drunken talk about having gotten the SOB, CIA lookalikes standing on Dealey Plaza street corners and later in an LA hotel, etc.) - anyone who still doubts has not been paying attention.

I happen to think Moralaes, etal, had guilty knowledge-but I've known enough people of similar ilk to be satisfied that while they may have been looking at their watches, none of them where rash enough to be standing anywhere near the shooting scene checking the time or events. JFK's murder was only part of the overall plan-there was still RFK.

two guys who I know who were involved in the decision to kill Che', were on a seperate continent when it was done.

Edited by Evan Marshall

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

Any news about or from Shane? ;)

Message from Shane:

I am completing my film this week and it will be released on DVD by MPI Home Video towards the end of the year. It is two hours, twenty minutes long and will feature much new material on Morales, Campbell and Joannides. I will let you know when I have a release date.

Will it be straight to dvd or will there be tv screenings. I would think that channel four (UK) would take this up. I think that sending a few copies to influential members of the Senate and House of rep's might be a good idea.

This documentary needs exposure.

John

I hope Mr. Sullivan will keep a personal copy of the key materials and a copy of the final version to be released in a safe place, just in case "something happens" to the film before the projected release date, later this year... (Edits, diapperarances etc.)

• 2 months later...
John,

Any news about or from Shane? :)

Message from Shane:

I am completing my film this week and it will be released on DVD by MPI Home Video towards the end of the year. It is two hours, twenty minutes long and will feature much new material on Morales, Campbell and Joannides. I will let you know when I have a release date.

So now we are awaiting on Shane to complete this and find an outlet in USA and for Jeff Morley and David Talbot to give their new photos of Morales and update on inquiry to Rex and MFF?

BK

• 2 weeks later...

Message from Shane:

So now we are awaiting on Shane to complete this and find an outlet in USA and for Jeff Morley and David Talbot to give their new photos of Morales and update on inquiry to Rex and MFF?

BK

Bill et al,

The Mary Ferrell Foundation just today published Morley and Talbot's piece on the RFK-Ambassador story, entitled "The BBC's Flawed RFK Story." As the title implies, after 6 weeks of interviewing dozens of people, they conclude that the photo identifications don't hold up, though the Joannides one is the most mixed. They also verified that Gordon Campbell died in 1962. The piece is accompanied by new photos of Morales and the first-ever published photos of Joannides (assuming you discount the Ambassador one).

I did a phone interview with Jeff Morley and David Talbot yesterday, and the audio and transcript of that interview is up on the site as well, along with links to the original BBC story and related resources.

The home page at www.maryferrell.org currently features the story - for those coming across this post after the home page changes, here are some direct links:

The BBC's Flawed RFK Story:

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...lawed_RFK_Story

"Unredacted" Interview with Morley and Talbot :

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...ted_-_Episode_8

Let the commentary begin.....

Rex

Thanks, Rex.

The Morales in Vietnam photos (1969 - 71) show that he lost some considerable weight compared to the Morales in Peru images (1966 - 67).

Images of him from the mid 1970's show that he put some weight back on.

Does anyone know who the tall bald guy is in the Vietnam images?

James

I'm most curious about my reaction to the latest published photos of Morales -- and by the way, kudos to Messrs. Morley, Talbot, and Bradford.

To be blunt, I was taken aback by Morales's African coloring and features.

Don't get freaky. Permit me to explain.

I remain keenly interested in Morales's psyche. In a previous post I wondered how he was spotted, recruited, trained, and set loose upon the world. By all reports he conducted himself with a confidence and authority that are rare as hen's teeth -- and at a time when an African-American, or at least someone who could "pass" as such, was a third-class citizen in the good ole U.S. of A.

My thoughts turn to Colin Powell -- another house slave who rose to his most recent prominence on the disenfranchised backs of African-Americans in Florida.

I know, I know: Morales was Mexican and Yaqui. But in the culture of the 1950s and 60s, the distinction between that heritage and African origins was, for all intents and purposes, one without a difference.

How was Morales convinced to work for the oppressor as a prime faciliator of oppression?

Morales was the muscle for the inbred physical cowards who kept and keep his own people enslaved. How was he bought? With what psychic currency?

Is it simply a matter of "build a better mouse trap and a psychopath will beat the world to your door"?

I'm telling you: Get to the heart of Morales, and you get to the heart of the darkness that controlled him.

By definition, he was a tool, not a mechanic.

Charles Drago

I'm telling you: Get to the heart of Morales, and you get to the heart of the darkness that controlled him.

The Central Intelligence Agency was accustomed to working with, trusting, and in some cases risking the lives of their own operatives to protect people they needed of all races and politics. Perhaps more than others, because of their intimate involvement in the affairs of so many different countries and cultures, they learned early that its not the racial origin of someone that determines their worth.

As for Morales, some accounts have him imagining himself as a patriot of the highest degree. Although of course he represents the opposite to most members of this Forum, patriotism does take many forms and it often transcends race or sociopolitical backgrounds. Morales' ethnicity may have actually been an asset in many situations.

Soldiers that went to Vietnam (or other wars) and had their lives protected or saved by someone of a different race may have come back to the States with a different attitude about skin color.

Thank you, Michael, for your insights.

You wrote: "The Central Intelligence Agency was accustomed to working with, trusting, and in some cases risking the lives of their own operatives to protect people they needed of all races and politics. Perhaps more than others, because of their intimate involvement in the affairs of so many different countries and cultures, they learned early that its not the racial origin of someone that determines their worth."

That the CIA used -- and abused -- human beings without regard to race is beyond question.

I disagree with you, perhaps no more than semantically, to this extent: Racial origins must be factored into evaluations of the psyches of prospective officers, agents, and other human tools. Accordingly, racial origins clearly help determine the strengths, weaknesses, and roles of the tools.

I'd like to explore the possibility of a Morales "double" -- in the broadest, doppelganger sense of the term. If I'm not mistaken, there was another operative of the period known as "The Indian," or "El Indio."

I'll never forget the first time I mentioned Morales's name in public. It was at an ASK workshop session featuring Bill Turner. All I had was a hunch. Gaeton Fonzi was in the audience. During the Q&A I asked, "Mr. Turner, do you know about David Sanchez Morales, and if so, how significant was his role as connective tissue between American intelligence and organized crime?"

Turner looked at Fonzi, whose "The Last Investigation" was just months away from publication. "I don't recognize the name. Gaeton, was Morales important?"

Fonzi nodded. "Very," he said.

Later that afternoon I was approached in Dealey Plaza by one of the conference attendees, who told me that there were two "big Indians" in the mix.

We all might benefit from a discussion of the "other" one.

Charles

I welcome this new evidence and am sure researchers will make up their own minds about the photographs but it's a shame David and Jeff did not share everything they found. I interviewed the senior CIA official who supplied the Joannides photos and he still believes that the man at the Ambassador is 'not incompatible with Joannides'. For the record, Bradley Ayers has seen the new Morales photos and also stands by his identification of Morales at the Ambassador. I will respond to this new evidence fully in my film.

But I have to say I find the tone of this article absurdly pompous, pitching Morley and Talbot against the mighty BBC. This was one independent filmmaker on limited resources following the evidence and intriguing the BBC enough to give me twelve minutes of airtime to give an honest assessment of available evidence and ask for clarification from the CIA. It has stimulated great debate and helped generate a lot of new information on these guys.

David and Jeff loftily complain of editorial standards and 'titillating charges' when the fact is my story left them just as intrigued and titillated as the BBC and they put their reputations on the line to get the New Yorker to fund further investigation. I remember David telling me they felt like Woodward and Bernstein, ready to hit the road to crack open the Kennedy assassinations. They sought my cooperation and I supported them by sharing everything I had. Not a word about this in their article, of course.

Before my Newsnight story aired, I asked Morley to show the Ambassador photograph to Joannides' daughter. Her response was a frosty 'no comment', which Morley said he found 'telling'. He then slagged off my story publicly the day after broadcast - presumably to appease the Joannides family - before later admitting he spoke too soon and answering the call of the New Yorker.

I find a number of startling omissions in this article. Huge weight is given to the death of a 'Gordon Campbell' who is clearly not the man Bradley Ayers knew at JM/WAVE. Morley omits several new positive IDs of Joannides, then cites a negative ID by Timothy Kalaris without telling us that Timothy's father George was the successor to Angleton as the Head of Counterintelligence. It does make you wonder.

Many inaccuracies, too. David Rabern was not a CIA operations officer and never identified Morales by name. All in all, there's interesting new information here, but it's weirdly skewed. David and Jeff are great reporters but this is not the whole story, or even the whole of their story. My film will be released in the US and UK before the end of the year and will address these issues in more detail.

[...]

James

James,

As I don't have enough time at the present to look at/watch all of the links to which Rex's second link refers, would you please specify which one I should go to to take a look at "the tall bald guy in the Vietnam images?"

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

[...]

James

James,

As I don't have enough time at the present to look at/watch all of the links to which Rex's second link refers, would you please specify which one I should go to to take a look at "the tall bald guy in the Vietnam images?"

Thanks,

--Thomas

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/images/5/5...les_2_1_lrg.jpg

Pict_rfkstory_morales_2_1_lrg.jpg

[...]

James

James,

Thanks,

--Thomas

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/images/5/5...les_2_1_lrg.jpg

Pict_rfkstory_morales_2_1_lrg.jpg

Is that Lady Bird on the far right in the background? BK