The Education Forum

Two Dallas cops were involved in the pre-arranged murder of Tippit...

On 11/29/2018 at 5:06 AM, Jim Hargrove said:

... The other fairly well known sighting that is probably of LEE Oswald ... involves his arrival at a nearly empty C-54 cargo plane that ... landed on a road under construction near the Trinity River south of Dallas

As I wrote in the following posting to this message thread, below, "... I find the under-construction highway-landing scenario implausible, but OTOH, the old Greater Southwest Airport (KGSW, formerly Amon Carter Field) was still operating then; and also located nearby was the former Hensley Field (by 1963 called the Naval Air Station Dallas, currently named the NAS Fort Worth JRB) - both of which could have easily accommodated the C-54.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Southwest_International_Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Station_Dallas

It would have been flirting with a huge disaster to have attempted a landing on such a highway, unless it had been thoroughly checked in advance to be sure it was cleared of obstacles - and especially people.  Since the day was Friday, where was the road construction crew?  Where was their machinery and equipment?  By contrast, a quick stop at the military-controlled NAS Dallas, especially if refueling of the aircraft was not required, might have looked perfectly ordinary to any casual observers who happened to be present.  ML

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have to say that this thread has been among the most engaging I have read on the Forum. John Armstrong's work and that of others have shown how what seems to be, is not always so. It is painful to recall that the sign placed on 10th and Patton for the 50th anniversary says that Tippet was killed by Oswald. No "alleged"about it.

On 7/8/2016 at 5:18 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

I now know that the DPD responded first not to Barbara Davis's 1:08 call, but rather to Mrs. Frank Wright's slightly earlier call. I will update the timeline accordingly. I will also update times to reflect ambulance driver Clayton Butler's testimony. Then I will add additional information provided by Jim. I'm trying to document how the timetable is being constructed (which is why I have it in two stages, so far), and so the information provided by Jim will be added in a manner that facilitates that.

Tippit Scene Timeline (Version 5)

1:06 - Tippit is shot. [Time Sources: Helen Markham & Margie Higgins (in The Girl on the Stairs)]

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright comments reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio. [Time Source: T.F. Bowley. Actually, his statement suggests that his call was made at 1:11 to 1:12. But this makes the official time-of-death for Tippit of 1:15 impossible. So, this time presumes Bowley's watch being off by a minute or two, and that he rounded off to the nearest 5-minute mark.]

1:10 - The ambulance arrives. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright & Clayton Butler statements reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article. Actually, their comments suggest a time of 1:08. But the ambulance cannot have arrived before T.F. Bowley's ~1:10 call. Note also that Bowley said the ambulance arrived "a few minutes" after his call.]

1:11 - Police reserve Sergeant Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham. [Time: Based on Croy's WC testimony, his seeing ambulance being loaded upon his arrival.]

1:12 - The ambulance departs.

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene. [Time Source: DPD radio log transcript.]

Timing Analysis

According to Officer Poe's WC testimony, Walker arrived AFTER he and patrolman Jez arrived. They interviewed an excited Helen Markham, got a description of the shooter, and gave it to Walker for him to broadcast.

So Poe and Jez were the second and third officers to arrive. They arrived some time between 1:11 (Croy's arrival) and 1:17 (if we allow a 5 minute interview with Markham before giving the shooter's description to Walker to broadcast at 1:22).

Barbara Davis says that after calling the police, she and Virginia Davis went out and to the car. It "wasn't 5 minutes" before the police arrived, according to Barbara. (Virginia said that they had "already arrived." But this cannot be reconciled with other testimony. Note also that Virginia had a habit of using the word "already.")

So the Davises left their house at about 1:08 and arrived at Tippit's car shortly thereafter. And then, within 5 minutes, Officers Poe and Jez arrived. This pegs their time of arrival between 1:12 (after Croy's 1:11 arrival) and 1:13 or so.

Tippit Scene Timeline (with Virginia Davis and the first arriving police officers)

1:06 - Tippit is shot.

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting.

1:07 - Virginia Davis and her-sister-in-law arrive at the door, and Helen Markham screams to them that Tippit is dead and to call the police. They see the killer cross their yard and disappear around the corner of their house. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:08 - The Davises call the police and then step out into their yard. They walk over and see Tippit's body lying on the ground. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio.

1:10 - The ambulance arrives and the body is loaded.

1:11 - Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham.

1:11 to 1:12 - The ambulance departs.

1:12 to 1:13 - Officer Poe and Patrolman L.E. Jez arrive, and interview an excited Helen Markham. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:13 to 1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker arrives. Officer Poe gives Markham's description of the shooter to Walker for him to broadcast. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene.

Sandy,

Thank you for all your work on this timeline.

Ambulance driver Clayton Butler told the HSCA "I was on the scene one minute or less. From the time we received the call in our dispatch office until Officer Tippit was pronounced dead at Methodist Hospital was approximately four minutes."  Tippit was taken to the Methodist Hospital at 1441 N. Beckley, 1.4 miles from 10th & Patton, where he was pronounced dead on arrival at 1:15 PM .

Butler’s testimony is critical. It cements the timeline at 1:06 PM for the Tippit shooting. Scoggins, Mrs. Wright, Barbara Davis, and others immediately called the police, who immediately called the ambulance. The ambulance arrived at 1:08-09. This means that Croy was on the scene at 1:08-1:09 as he watched Tippit loaded onto the ambulance. This also means that Virginia Davis was correct when she said that after Oswald hurried past the corner of her house, she opened the screen door and walked over to the police car where she saw Tippit lying on the street. And, like she said "they were already here (Croy)." Croy simply had to be there within 2 minutes after the shooting occurred in order to have seen Tippit placed into the ambulance. This time sequence is critical.

If anybody is wondering why there are two timelines in my timeline post, it's because I wanted to keep a complete record of how the final timeline was constructed. After writing the first (top) timeline, I found that I needed to do a timing analysis before adding Virginia Davis and some police officers. The second (bottom) timeline has them added, so it is the more complete one. The first timeline remains so that it can be seen how the more complete one was derived.

I'm posting the timeline here again because the copy Jim posted above has some formatting issues that make it harder to read. Note that this is easy to read if you ignore the gray text. The gray text describes how I got each of the times.

Tippit Scene Timeline (Version 5)

1:06 - Tippit is shot. [Time Sources: Helen Markham & Margie Higgins (in The Girl on the Stairs)]

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright comments reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article, page 69.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio. [Time Source: T.F. Bowley. Actually, his statement suggests that his call was made at 1:11 to 1:12, because he said he arrived at 1:10. But this would make Tippit's 1:15 hospital arrival impossibly too quick. So this 1:09 timeline estimate presumes Bowley's watch being off by a minute or two, and that he rounded off to the nearest 5-minute mark to get his "1:10 PM" watch reading.]

1:10 - The ambulance arrives. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright & Clayton Butler statements reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article, page 69. Actually, their comments suggest a time of 1:08. But the ambulance cannot have arrived before T.F. Bowley's ~1:10 call. Note also that Bowley said the ambulance arrived "a few minutes" after his call.]

1:11 - Police reserve Sergeant Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham. [Time: Based on Croy's WC testimony, his seeing ambulance being loaded upon his arrival.]

1:12 - The ambulance departs. [Assuming it was there for two minutes. This includes time for radio trouble they reportedly experienced.]

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene. [Time Source: DPD radio log transcript.]

Timing Analysis

According to Officer Poe's WC testimony, Walker arrived AFTER he and patrolman Jez arrived. They interviewed an excited Helen Markham, got a description of the shooter, and gave it to Walker for him to broadcast.

So Poe and Jez were the second and third officers to arrive. They arrived some time between 1:11 (Croy's arrival) and 1:17 (if we allow a 5 minute interview with Markham before giving the shooter's description to Walker to broadcast at 1:22).

Virginia and Barbara Davis had to have looked out the door very shortly after the shooting because they saw the gunman flee. Barbara Davis said that after calling the police, she and Virginia went out and to the car. It "wasn't 5 minutes" before the police arrived, according to Barbara. (Virginia said that they had "already arrived." But this cannot be reconciled with other testimony. Note also that Virginia had a habit of using the word "already.")

So the Davises left their house at about 1:08 and arrived at Tippit's car shortly thereafter. And then, within 5 minutes, Officers Poe and Jez arrived. This pegs their time of arrival between 1:12 (after Croy's 1:11 arrival) and 1:13 or so.

Tippit Scene Timeline (with Virginia Davis and the first arriving police officers added)

1:06 - Tippit is shot.

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting.

1:07 - Virginia Davis and her-sister-in-law arrive at the door, and Helen Markham screams to them that Tippit is dead and to call the police. They see the killer cross their yard and disappear around the corner of their house. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:08 - The Davises call the police and then step out into their yard. They walk over and see Tippit's body lying on the ground. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio.

1:10 - The ambulance arrives and the body is loaded.

1:11 - Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham.

1:11 to 1:12 - The ambulance departs.

1:12 to 1:13 - Officer Poe and Patrolman L.E. Jez arrive, and interview an excited Helen Markham. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:13 to 1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker arrives. Officer Poe gives Markham's description of the shooter to Walker for him to broadcast. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

10 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Sandy,

Thank you for all your work on this timeline.

Ambulance driver Clayton Butler told the HSCA "I was on the scene one minute or less. From the time we received the call in our dispatch office until Officer Tippit was pronounced dead at Methodist Hospital was approximately four minutes."  Tippit was taken to the Methodist Hospital at 1441 N. Beckley, 1.4 miles from 10th & Patton, where he was pronounced dead on arrival at 1:15 PM .

Butler’s testimony is critical. It cements the timeline at 1:06 PM for the Tippit shooting. Scoggins, Mrs. Wright, Barbara Davis, and others immediately called the police, who immediately called the ambulance. The ambulance arrived at 1:08-09. This means that Croy was on the scene at 1:08-1:09 as he watched Tippit loaded onto the ambulance. This also means that Virginia Davis was correct when she said that after Oswald hurried past the corner of her house, she opened the screen door and walked over to the police car where she saw Tippit lying on the street. And, like she said "they were already here (Croy)." Croy simply had to be there within 2 minutes after the shooting occurred in order to have seen Tippit placed into the ambulance. This time sequence is critical.

Jim,

I've studied your quote of Clayton Butler's HSCA testimony to see how well it fits in with my timeline. He (indirectly) said that it took three minutes for the ambulance to drive from the crime scene to the hospital.

The ambulance arrived at 1:15 (at which time Tippit was pronounced dead), and so it must have left the crime scene at 1:12, roughly speaking. That agrees with my timeline.

Please let me know if you think my timeline needs adjusting or additions.

I know that you have the ambulance arriving at 1:08 or 1:09. It is hard to reconcile that time with T.F. Bowley's testimony. He said he arrived at 1:10 (according to his watch) and that he radioed in the murder over Tippit's radio, which must have occurred at 1:11 at the earliest.

I've already dialed back Bowley's radio-call time from 1:11 to 1:09 so that the ambulance could arrive after that. I don't think I can dial it back any further. He actually looked at his wristwatch, after all.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Sandy,

According to the Dallas Police Radio transcripts at this address:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes2.htm

The initial report on police radio of the Tippit killing did not occur until 1:16 pm, a minute after Tippit was declared dead at the hospital.  I assume this was the T.F. Bowley call, and the official time stamp, at least according to the transcript McAdams posted, is 1:16, not 1:10 or so.

Citizen        Hello, police operator?          
     Dispatcher    Go ahead. Go ahead, citizen using the police radio.          
     Citizen    There's been a shooting out here.          
     Dispatcher    Where's it at?          
     Dispatcher    The citizen using the police radio . . .          
     Citizen    Tenth Street.          
     Dispatcher    What location on Tenth Street?          
     Citizen    Between Marsalis and Beckley. It's a police officer. Somebody shot him. What -- what's . . . 404 Tenth Street.          
     Dispatcher    Can you hear me?          
          (Man and woman's voices in background)          
     Dispatcher    78.          
     Citizen    It's in a police car, number 10.          
     Dispatcher    78.          
     Dispatcher (?)    78.          
     Citizen    Got that?          
     Citizen    Hello, police operator. Did you get that?          
     Dispatcher    Attention. Signal 19, police officer, 510 E. Jefferson.          
     Citizen    Thank you.          
     35 (Ptm. J.M. Lewis)    35.          
     259 (unknown)    259.          
     Dispatcher    The citizen using the police radio: Remain off the radio now.

Croy said he heard the report on the radio and went to the scene of the murder, but how on earth did he get there 5 minutes before the first report? How on earth did he see Tippit's body put into the ambulance when the radio report only went out after Tippit was declared dead? How?  Because he was already there when Tippit was killed!

Edited by Jim Hargrove

I just talked to John on the phone.  The Bowley call on the police radio transcript is on WC Vol XVII, pp. 407-408.  It does seem to indicate that Bowley’s call was made at 1:16.   I asked John if he trusted the DPD radio logs.  He said, basically, you can’t trust anything in this case.

Here’s a link to page 407 in v. 17.  To see the next page, just click “next.”

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0217a.htm

19 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Sandy,

According to the Dallas Police Radio transcripts at this address:

The initial report on police radio of the Tippit killing did not occur until 1:16 pm, a minute after Tippit was declared dead at the hospital.  I assume this was the T.F. Bowley call, and the official time stamp, at least according to the transcript McAdams posted, is 1:16, not 1:10 or so.

Citizen        Hello, police operator?          
     Dispatcher    Go ahead. Go ahead, citizen using the police radio.          
     Citizen    There's been a shooting out here.          
     Dispatcher    Where's it at?          
     Dispatcher    The citizen using the police radio . . .          
     Citizen    Tenth Street.          
     Dispatcher    What location on Tenth Street?          
     Citizen    Between Marsalis and Beckley. It's a police officer. Somebody shot him. What -- what's . . . 404 Tenth Street.          
     Dispatcher    Can you hear me?          
          (Man and woman's voices in background)          
     Dispatcher    78.          
     Citizen    It's in a police car, number 10.          
     Dispatcher    78.          
     Dispatcher (?)    78.          
     Citizen    Got that?          
     Citizen    Hello, police operator. Did you get that?          
     Dispatcher    Attention. Signal 19, police officer, 510 E. Jefferson.          
     Citizen    Thank you.          
     35 (Ptm. J.M. Lewis)    35.          
     259 (unknown)    259.          
     Dispatcher    The citizen using the police radio: Remain off the radio now.

Croy said he heard the report on the radio and went to the scene of the murder, but how on earth did he get there 5 minutes before the first report? How on earth did he see Tippit's body put into the ambulance when the radio report only went out after Tippit was declared dead? How?  Because he was already there when Tippit was killed!

Jim,

I see that the police radio log has civilian witness T.F. Bowley calling in on Tippit's radio at 1:16. You ask:

"How on earth did Croy see Tippit's body put into the ambulance when the radio report only went out after Tippit was declared dead?"

Now, let me insert the times of each incident into your question:

"How on earth Croy see Tippit's body put into the ambulance [~1:10] when the radio report [1:16] only went out after Tippit was declared dead [1:15]?"

The timing in the question makes no sense because it has Tippit's body being put into the ambulance at about 1:10, followed by the body arriving at the hospital at 1:15, followed by Bowley calling on Tippit's radio -- which he did before the ambulance arrived! -- at 1:16. According to this, the ambulance arrived at both ~1:10 and some time after 1:16!

We cannot explain this contradiction by concluding that "therefore Croy was already there when Tippit was killed." First we need to fix the timing contradiction.

I have an idea on how the timing issue can be explained. I will post it shortly.

If the killer leaves the scene by 1:10...  as Rankin also asked...

How does it take until 1:44 for the "slipped into the theatre" call from POSTAL on BREWER's urging...?

On April 2, 1964:

Mr. BELIN - I want to take you back to November 22, 1963. This was the day that President Kennedy was assassinated. How did you find out about the assassination, Mr. Brewer? 
Mr. BREWER - We were listening to a transistor radio there in the store, just listening to a regular radio program, and they broke in with the bulletin that the President had been shot. And from then, that is all there was. We listened to all of the events. 
Mr. BELIN - Did you hear over the radio that the President had died? 
Mr. BREWER - I heard a rumor. They said that----one of the Secret Service men said that the President had died, and said that was just a rumor. 
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember hearing anything else over the radio concerning anything that happened that afternoon? 
Mr. BREWER - Well, they kept reconstructing what had happened and what they had heard, and they talked about it in general. There wasn't too much to talk about. They didn't have all the facts, and just repeated them mostly. And they said a patrolman had been shot in Oak Cliff. 

Dec 6, 1963
Affidavit: The reason I noticed the man in front of the store was because he acted so nervous, and I thought at the time he might be the man that had shot the policeman.

Can anyone help by telling us if and/or when the shooting of TIPPIT would have first been broadcast in Dallas area?
I can't see how it could be given how few people were aware of it...

Jim Ewell tells the story of driving with WESTBROOK (which Westbrook contradicts) and calling his news editor asking for a photographer in Oak Cliff due to the shooting out there....

Was Tippit's shooting broadcast so fast that BREWER could do what he did?  Jim shows that CROY couldn't have...

Distance%20from%20Tippit%20to%20Theater%

Jim,

T.F. Bowley testified that he called in on Tippit's radio after he arrived there at 1:10, and before the ambulance arrived. If we believe the radio log, Bowley really called at 1:16... which was after Tippit had already arrived at the hospital and been pronounced dead! This makes no sense.

However, if we throw out the radio log 1:16 timestamp and trust Bowley's 1:10 statement instead, then the timing does make sense

It's pretty well been established that Tippit was shot at 1:06. Unfortunately for the WC, Oswald couldn't have gotten there by 1:06. The FBI solved this problem by adding several minutes to the time of the shooting, and to the times of everything associated with the shooting.

What we are discussing now is a good example of that. The FBI added about six minutes to the police time log to make Bowley's timing make sense.

Here's another example: The official ambulance dispatch time was 1:18. I believe that the document initially showed 1:08 and that the FBI changed the "0" to a "1," thus changing it to 1:18.

(BTW, note that that ambulance dispatch time of 1:18 turned out to be problematic, because that was LATER than Tippit's 1:15 time of death! The FBI solved that problem by changing Tippit's 1:15 time of death to 1:25. (My understanding is that Tippit's time of death was changed three times... from 1:15 to 1:06, then back to 1:15, then finally to 1:25.)

2 hours ago, David Josephs said:

If the killer leaves the scene by 1:10...  as Rankin also asked...

How does it take until 1:44 for the "slipped into the theatre" call from POSTAL on BREWER's urging...?

On April 2, 1964:

Mr. BELIN - Did you hear over the radio that the President had died? 
Mr. BREWER - I heard a rumor. They said that----one of the Secret Service men said that the President had died, and said that was just a rumor.

David,

Have you ever heard of a "Secret Service man" who went on the radio and repeated a rumor that the President had died?

Nothing comes to my mind.

And if Brewer didn't hear this "rumor" on the radio, where did he hear it from?

JFK died at 1:00 PM, and Walter Cronkite announced it to the world at 1:38.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

T.F. Bowley testified that he called in on Tippit's radio after he arrived there at 1:10, and before the ambulance arrived. If we believe the radio log, Bowley really called at 1:16... which was after Tippit had already arrived at the hospital and been pronounced dead! This makes no sense.

The police log in Warren vol 17, pp. 407-408 indicates Bowley called at 1:16.  But John is convinced that when he was camped out at the National Archives in the mid to late 1990s, he found a DPD radio transcript indicating Bowley made the call at 1:10.  He also believes he had a copy made of the 1:10 pm log and included it in his Baylor collection.  I'll try to find it (DJ is good at searching Baylor too... hint, hint).  If it's there... heh-heh.  

On 12/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

The police log in Warren vol 17, pp. 407-408 indicates Bowley called at 1:16.  But John is convinced that when he was camped out at the National Archives in the mid to late 1990s, he found a DPD radio transcript indicating Bowley made the call at 1:10.  He also believes he had a copy made of the 1:10 pm log and included it in his Baylor collection.  I'll try to find it (DJ is good at searching Baylor too... hint, hint).  If it's there... heh-heh.  

Jim and Sandy,

I'd be willing to bet that the 1:10 PM time stamp comes from CE 705 page 408

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1134#relPageId=434&tab=page

I believe that this is a mis-type in the transcript of the tapes, since the chronological order of the dispatches on the previous page (page 407) are already up to 1:16 PM.

Sawyer Exhibit A

21H394

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1138#relPageId=418&tab=page

has the shooting at 1:18 PM

The copy of the tapes on this site:

has the shooting at 1:16 PM

George Lumpkin provided the transcripts of the DPD dispatch tapes to SA Roger Warner, which were then flown to Washington and became the Secret Service copy.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/J Disk/Justice Department of/Justice Department of JFK-King Reinvestigation/Item 05.pdf

(This is a good discussion of the various copies of the tapes and how they were handled)

Steve Thomas

image.png

Edited by Steve Thomas

26 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I believe that this is a mis-type in the transcript of the tapes, since the chronological order of the dispatches on the previous page (page 407) are already up to 1:16 PM.

Thanks, Steve.  I hadn't noticed the 1:10 on page 408.  No doubt that is what John was remembering.  At the bottom of page 408, the time stamp is 1:1#, the "#" looking like the last digit was overprinted with two numbers.  Funny mistakes.  Almost as if someone was juggling times around trying to get Classic Oswald® from the rooming house to 10th and Patton and to the theater by juggling times around and then forgetting to clean up the record.

Isn’t it odd that Bowley remembered that at the time he made the call his watch indicated is was 1:10, and that the transcript accidentally agreed with him.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

Isn’t it odd that Bowley remembered that at the time he made the call his watch indicated is was 1:10, and that the transcript accidentally agreed with him.

I'm not so sure that that is a coincidence Jim.

This reminds me of the huge contradiction we have between the Parkland wound witnesses and the autopsy photos. Either you accept one or the other as being factual. They both cannot be true.

In this case the eyewitness testimony surrounding the Tippit shooting  contradicts the timestamps on the DPD radio recordings. Which one are we to believe?

I'm afraid I'm left with no choice than to believe that the timestamps on the Dictabelt recordings were altered. At least some key ones were.