The Education Forum

JFK Declassified: Tracking Oswald

At the beginning of the program Baer explained his interest. He said he'd had a long-time interest in the case, and that he was willing to accept that Oswald was the only shooter, but wondered if Oswald hadn't been inspired by someone else, or had had some backers.

This suggested that Baer was the inspiration for the program--and that he approached the Hunting Hitler people about doing a program on Oswald.

After introducing Baer, moreover, the program introduced some other people tasked with helping him in his investigation.

They made the claim they'd created a data base whereby they could do what no one else had ever done--search Oswald's CIA records en masse.

They then made out that they were the first ones to make the connection between "Kostin" and Kostikov, and that the CIA's records indicating they'd realized Kostin was Kostikov, and that Kostikov had worked with assassins, had not been revealed to the Warren Commission, and was new information.

They were lying, pure and simple.  The CIA's records indicate they'd told the WC about Kostikov, but that this was done unofficially. They then asked the FBI if they should do it officially, to which the answer was presumably a "no".

I'd betcha almost anything that most of the information they "discovered" in the program they "discovered" by reading articles and performing searches on the Mary Ferrell Foundation website. So why not admit as much? Oh yeah, that would be admitting they'd learned something from a "conspiracy" website, and that "conspiracy" websites are way way ahead of The History Channel on all things JFK.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kennedysandking weighs in on the latest cable atrocity on the JFK case:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/jfk-declassified-tracking-oswald

My God! Part 2 was even worse!

They interviewed Oleg Nechiporenko regarding Oswald's activities in Moscow, and pretended to stumble upon the fact Nechiporenko met Oswald in Mexico City, and could verify Oswald met with Kostikov!

Nechiporenko wrote a book about this, what? 25 years ago?

They then discuss Silvia Duran's arrest, and re-enact their "discovery" Duran never testified before the WC. They totally conceal that this was Warren's call, and that he made this call against the request of Slawson, Coleman, etc.

They then use the fact she won't talk to them as evidence she was hiding Oswald's contact with Cubans.

This was clearly their agenda all along. I mean, they have a pre-planned meeting with Nechiporenkp, who helps them "discover" Oswald's erratic behavior when meeting with the Russians, but show up unannounced with a camera crew at Duran's apartment, and take from her refusal to meet with them that she's hiding something.

Edited by Pat Speer

I've watched both Chapters.   Made for TV.  Nothing believable about any of it.  Kinda funny that the same locks are on the doors at the 'listening post' in Mexico City.  And the walls of the Metropole hotel still have the 'concealed boxes for surveillance gear'.   And he 'believes' that Oswald was the lone assassin.   Oh well!

The third episode on Oswald in New Orleans was supposed to be shown Tuesday night, but was not. And it's not listed as coming up any time in the next few weeks.

The show is already in the can, and has a limited rum. It's hard to believe they would cancel it, no matter how awful the ratings.

Was it shown anywhere in the country? Was it "canceled" at the request of...?

Does anyone know?

Edited by Pat Speer

That's interesting, I had an email asking if it was canceled but there was certainly no sign of that in the quick searches I did.  Plus the comments on the show site and network site were mixed at worst.  Its hard to think the channel would drop it given that its paid for and as Pat says, "in the can". The only time I've seen that happen before was with the JFK/LBJ series where Valenti filed an immediate legal action....not sure who could have done that here or have the funds to carry if off but I can't imagine anything else stopping its ongoing broadcasts.

Kind of ironic that the next episode, (Episode 3), was named "Oswald Goes Dark" and the series itself goes dark before the episode airs. Maybe Putin objects to it? LoL

On a related topic, I read the first few chapters of Baer's book "See No Evil" and I found that it was fairly well written and an enjoyable read. I have a hard time matching the Bob Baer that I see in this series and the previous "Hitler" series with the one portrayed in his book. It's strange.