The Education Forum

James McCord Jr.

5 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

It strikes me, when looking at David Phillips and his operatives, that we are trying to understand what his relationship was to Oswald. I agree it’s important. But as in so many of the leads we follow, it doesn’t necessarily bring us closer to who killed JFK, unless we think Oswald was a shooter. The entire WC report and so-called investigation focussed on Oswald, because the agenda was to convict him of the crime. 

Is there a reason to think that McCord was a shooter?

Paul, no, I am not seeing McCord as a shooter. He was high level CIA with Top Secret clearances, Atomic Energy Agency clearances. I am seeing him as driving LHO from early 1961. I see him as a bridge between the Texas elite, bubbahood, and the Northeast Elite. He is flying just below Phillips, with Hunt and William Buckley Jr.. His Hunt connection placed him within earshot of anti Castro Cubans, the shooters, in my working CT.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what this was about or what, if any, significance it has. It was shared with me today. I figured I would post it and give it some thought, and see what members think of it. It does relate the same information from the document posted above, indicating that McCord worked for Angleton in 1961. Link provided below.

WOOD, COURT FOSTER
In January 1961, James McCord engaged services of "agency employee" who happened to be Court Wood's neighbor to spy on Wood. Court Wood was a student who had recently (in January 1961) returned from a 3-week stay in Cuba under sponsorship of FPCC. See 1 Feb. 1961, document "FOR THE RECORD", From: Kammar; Subject: ______, #188074. Paragraph 2 of 1 Feb. 1961, document reads: "Mr. McCORD expressed the opinion that it is not necessaary to advise the FBI of the operation at this time. However, he wishes to review the case in a month. The file of Subject, along with that of the WH man who is supervising the operation (David Atless PHILLIPS # 40695) will be pended for the attention of Mr. McCORD on 1 March 1961."
Identification of "Subject"
by gbuell on Mon, Dec 19, 2005, 6:35 PM GMT (#1241)
Wim Dankbaar contacted Court Wood, who is now a Christian Minister. He received the following information about the "Subject" of this document: Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:41 PM Subject: RE: From Court Wood - In Jesus' Name Ministries The name of my friend from high school is Michael (Mike) Stratton. He has to be the individual whose name was struck out. Right after the few contacts I had with him after I returned from Cuba, I never saw Mike again. I left the Washington DC area in 1964 and traveled to San Francisco to become a hippie. I lived on sailboats until I met a dear couple who, like your good friend Daniel (he really is your best friend if he tells you about Jesus) began to tell me about Jesus Christ. I listened politely and gave my reasons for unbelief, just as you do, but a year later I was awaked by the Holy Spirit to the reality that there really was a devil, that the Bible was indeed the Word of God, and that Jesus was in deed the Savior of the world.That was in December of 1996. Two years later I was back in the Washington area, tried to locate Mike, to share Jesus Christ with him, and found out that he had died as a result of wounds and injuries he received working with the CIA doing covert activity in and around Cuba. It remains a mystery to me what he did. He was always an adventurous type, but I believe a very loyal American, and I do not think he would have anything to do with anything that would harm a fellow American let alone the President of the US, John Kennedy. He was my closest friend in high school. I do not begrudge him spying on me. He did the right thing as at the time I was moving in a very wrong and dangerous direction.
CIA memo for the record, 1 February 1961, by Kammer, Subject [redacted] #188074. NARA, JFK files, CIA January 1994 (five brown boxes) release; Oswald and the CIA,Newman, Chapter 14, pp. 240, 241-243

http://jfkassassinationindex.blogspot.be/2011/08/w.html

Edited by Michael Clark

Carl McNabb, a former CIA agent, once stated that James McCord - who he said had the nickname in the Agency of “Zap Man” - had killed Hoover.  A file from McNabb's days at JM/Wave contained a personal note/notation "Zap Man".  When asked what that meant, he said that an officer told him this was the term given to Helm's private assassin.

So was Helms private assassin "Zap man" in Dallas on 11/22/63 at all or related to it from afar?

Sorry, not to belittle the topic but it caused a flashback to 10 years old.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=batman+theme+song&view=detail&mid=B3F56FED23EF07930824B3F56FED23EF07930824&FORM=VIRE

2 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

So was Helms private assassin "Zap man" in Dallas on 11/22/63 at all or related to it from afar?

Ron,  McCord was running a CIA operation to infiltrate the FPCC. He was working for Phillips. LHO was working for the CIA in NOLA.

I don't see McCord doing hands on dirty work in Dallas.

On 6/17/2010 at 1:36 AM, Emil Snizek said:

I've also wondered if Phillips' abandoned text will ever be released to the public (however small it was)... and I've wrestled with there being any possible logical validity to Phillips' tossed-off claim in "The AMLASH Legacy" of Oswald being a potential assassin of Castro etc...

I feel it's ultimately been proven to some degree that Oswald was a part of AMSPELL... so connecting those two projects within Oswald's trajectory is the ultimate temptation, but also the heart of the perennial mystery I suppose. When Phillips wrote that he was 'one of the two case officers who handled Lee Harvey Oswald' do you think he could have possibly meant James McCord when they were working in New Orleans together on AMSPELL?...

I just posted a massive argument with myself on this subject at: http://gnosticdevice.blogspot.com/

if anyone has any particular corrections to help me make let me know, this is just where I try to straighten out my own thoughts on the Dallas>New Orleans>Mexico>Dallas transitions.

The bold, above, is mine. 

AMSPELL  The Directorio Revolucionario Estudiantil, or DRE (Cuban Student Directorate). DRE delegate Carlos Bringuier had the famous altercation with Lee Oswald in New Orleans in the summer of 1963, and DRE members quickly spread information about Oswald after JFK's assassination. Ray Rocca wrote in 1967 that DRE was "initially set up as a "psych war outfit": https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10013-10387.pdf

Michael - there’s some interesting stuff on McCord in Peter Dale Scott’s book Dallas ‘63. When I have more time I’ll give you some detail

52 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Michael - there’s some interesting stuff on McCord in Peter Dale Scott’s book Dallas ‘63. When I have more time I’ll give you some detail

Paul,  I searched Scott and McCord, and found something in which you might be interested. Also, curiously, and very speculatively, I was, earlier today, looking into Oliver North, for the first time.

See Jack Crichton, in bold, below.

Whether or not they knew about Iran-Contra, Cheney and Rumsfeld were on the COG planning committee at the time of Iran-Contra. There is no such obvious link between COG planning and Watergate, but the involvement of COG personnel in Watergate is nonetheless striking. James McCord, one of the Watergate burglars, was a member of a small Air Force Reserve unit in Washington attached to the Office of Emergency Preparedness (OEP) that was assigned “to draw up lists of radicals and to develop contingency plans for censorship of the news media and U.S. mail in time of war.” [8] His unit was part of the Wartime Information Security Program (WISP), which had responsibility for activating “contingency plans for imposing censorship on the press, the mails and all telecommunications (including government communications) [and] preventive detention of civilian ‘security risks,ʼ who would be placed in military ‘camps.ʼ” [9] In addition, John Dean, perhaps the central Watergate figure, had overseen secret COG activities when serving as the associate deputy attorney general. [10]

In the case of the JFK assassination, I wish to focus on two men who functioned as part of the communications network of the Office of Emergency Planning (OEP), the agency renamed in 1968 as the Office of Emergency Preparedness (to which McCord was attached), and renamed again in 1982 as the National Program Office (for which Oliver North was the action officer). [11]

These two men (there are others) are Winston Lawson, the Secret Service advance man who from the lead car of the motorcade was in charge of the Secret Service radio channels operating in the motorcade; and Jack Crichton, the army intelligence reserve officer who with Deputy Dallas Police Chief George Lumpkin selected the Russian interpreter for Marina Oswaldʼs first (and falsified) FBI interview. [12] 

http://www.voltairenet.org/article187504.html

Edited by Michael Clark

CIA program HT AUTOMAT

Keywords: HT AUTOMAT,  AQUATONE, OSI, James McCord Jr., Dr. Herbert Scoville, R. C. Swendiman

----------------------------

From "The Almost Classified guide to CIA Front Companies":

Perkin-Elmer (CIA Front Company) Based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Manufactured camera system for project Oxcart, the CIA's SR-71 program and U-2 photography, Project AUTOMAT.

------------------------------

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=53772#relPageId=2&tab=page

-------------------------------

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp61s00750a000500090038-5

ASSIGNMENT OF PERSONNEL: PROJECTS AQUATONE AND HT AUTOMAT

Document Type: 
Collection: 
Document Number (FOIA) /ESDN (CREST): 
CIA-RDP61S00750A000500090038-5
Release Decision: 
RIPPUB
Original Classification: 
S
Document Page Count: 
Document Creation Date: 
December 9, 2016
Document Release Date: 
March 12, 2001
Sequence Number: 
Case Number: 

Publication Date: 
July 30, 1957
Content Type: 
MF
File: 
Attachment Size
PDF icon CIA-RDP61S00750A000500090038-5.pdf 40.97 KB
Body: 

Approved For Release 2001/3G/8SE lA-RDP61 S0075OA000500090038-5
1t!DLE VIA TALENT
TCS-1723-57
Copy-Lof.
C .lUi. 957
MEMORA1]JM FOR: Project Director
ATTENTION 25X1A9a
SUBJECT : Assignment of Personnel: Projects AQUATONE and HT AUTOMAT
25X1A9a
1. As a result of the recent assignment of
on indefinite TDY to NSA, this Office has decided on a realignment of
responsibilities relative to OSI participation in Projects AQUATONE

------------------------------

(Note: below, I deleted and added ".pdf" in the following link so it does not automatically show as a document)

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP61S00750A000500090038-5.pdf

CIA-RDP61S00750A000500090038-5.pdf

Edited by Michael Clark

House select Committee on Intelligence Document.

States that James McCord Jr. Was stationed in Frankfort, Germany between June of 62 and June of 64..

States that E. H. Hunt was stationed domestically in a similar period.

Both notations specify where Hunt and McCord were stationed in November of 1963 and that neither were in charge of Mexican operations at the time of the Kennedy Assassination.

Also mentioned are William Harvey, Sam Giancana, Robert Maheu, Johnny Roselli.

Dulles approved a Castro operation .

$150,000 was approved for an anti Castro operation in May, 1962.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=15347#relPageId=2&tab=page

On MFF I can see this entry for a document, but I cannot get to the document. There is reference to a news story which I will look for.

15. JAMES MCCORD MAY HAVE DELIBERATELY BUNGLED THE WATERGATE BREAKIN ON THE ORDERS OF TOP CIA OFFICIALS WHO WANTED TO EXPOSE THE WHITE HOUSE PLUMBERS IN RETALIATION FOR PRESIDENT NIXON ALLEGEDLY TRYING TO USE THE AGENCY FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES...].
Record Number: 104-10123-10365
Record Series: JFK      Agency: CIA
Agency File No.: 80T01357A      Originator: OPEN
Date: 05/09/1975      Pages: 1
Subjects: KANSAS CITY STAMCCORD, JAMES WNEWSPAPER ARTICSSCIOWATERGATE
Document Type: PAPER - TEXTUAL DOCUMENT      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Restrictions: OPEN IN FULL      Current Status: OPEN
Date of Last Review: 04/11/1994      Opening Criteria: [empty value]
Comments: JFK44 : F11 : 1994.04.11.09:45:24:250007 : NEWSWIRE COPY OF STORY PUBLISHED BY UPI REPEATING ALLEGATIONS PUBLISHED BY KANSAS CITY STAR.

Summary of employment upon retirement. It notes that 2 years of service were overseas. As noted in an above post, he was assigned from June of 62 to June of 64, in Frankfurt Germany. I have seen nothing yet that substantiates John Newman's claim that McCord headed an FPCC infiltration program. I have not seen John's footnote on this yet, I've only seen footnotes on that claim referencing John Newman.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=51439#relPageId=1&tab=page

Newman has the documents in his book that placed McCord on the CIA's anti FPCC campaign from 1961.

In his end notes, he allows that McCord may have been reassigned in 1963.