The Education Forum

General Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dallas Officials

7 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I can’t help but wonder if Jason gets a little annoyed with Paul T when he decides what’s up next. Jason clearly wants to move on to Walker himself. Meanwhile Paul T (let’s give some credit) provides biographical and testimony info on nearly every Dallas cop and detective. What I wish they would do is add the military background and reserve military duty membership of the Dallas policemen as well as their associations with right wing orgs. I’m all ears about Walker, and waiting to see what they find. 

When pig's fly.  Or if you believe,

https://www.bing.com/search?q=fairies+wear+boots&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=1c0b4a2ecd204396857ead747c496bf3&sp=1&ghc=1&qs=SC&pq=farries+w&sc=8-9&cvid=1c0b4a2ecd204396857ead747c496bf3

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Full screen suggested, the ending is provocative.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

18 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Do any stand out for you?

Hi Paul,

I've read through the testimony of about half the cops on your list.   The #1 question I have is about Clyde Haygood.    I think the photographic record confirms his testimony about when and what he did, right?   The questions I have are:

1. Who are the "dozen policemen" already in the parking lot / railroad tracks area in the quick seconds after the gunfire?
  2. Do we believe Beverly Oliver's memory of running into "Geneva's husband" around this area?
  3. Brown, Foster, White & Murphy are in a place (triple underpass) where civilian witnesses standing with them were able to report seeing smoke and vehicle activity from the bushes and parking lot.   Shouldn't these cops have more to offer?
19 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

James Hosty was accused of telling DPD Lieutenant Jack Revill only minutes after Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested, that Hosty personally knew that LHO was a dangerous Communist, capable of killing JFK. 

Yeah, and Hosty is pissed off at Revill because this same accusation appeared in a Dallas Morning News article which Hosty had to explain in front of the Warren Commission.   

Revill makes interesting pre-22NOV63 reports on the Dallas extreme right.  Did he say anything in later years?

This means to me that the JFK plotters had originally intended to drag the Paines into the JFK murder by implying some Communist Connections with them

Maybe.

But the Paines are fairly sophisticated people.   Their education and worldliness make them a dangerous target to unwittingly drag into a conspiracy.   Hosty investigates them pre-22NOV63 and gets glowing feedback about Ruth in particular.

Buddy Walthers (as I've already suggested) was one of the leaders in that subplot.

Isn't Buddy Walthers and his file cabinets one of the artifacts of a hoped-for communist conspiracy narrative that got reluctantly downgraded to a Lone Nut narrative?

...kind of like Captain Fritz and others who intimate Oswald's interrogations were almost fruitless because of Oswald's training at the KGB Minsk Assassin's Academy?

...kind of like Oswald theatrically demanding travel visas for his post-assassination escape plan from Cuban and Soviet embassies in Mexico City?

Jason

On 4/27/2018 at 8:58 PM, Paul Trejo said:

No, actually Walker was embarrassed when George Lincoln Rockwell entered the US Senate dressed like a Nazi, and shouting on behalf of General Walker.    Embarrassed is a mild term -- Walker was angered by the display.   Actually, when a reporter after the hearings made a joke about Rockwell, our politlcal General Walker punched the reporter in the eye!  Rockwell was crowing for his own cause, trying to steal Walker's thunder.  Rockwell would get a boost in membership -- but not Walker.

My only point was that the Radical Right hosted the type of people who followed Walker.  They might never admit their racism in public, but they would certainly buy a bumper sticker that displayed, "Impeach Earl Warren."   

Rockwell hoped to bring all the US racists out of the closet.   Trouble is -- there really wasn't enough of them in 1963, willing to come out.  Walker was harmed by Rockwell's stunt, and Walker knew it.   By the way, Jeff Caufield has some good material linking George Lincoln Rockwell with Guy Banister in New Orleans.   Interesting.

All best,
--Paul

I think ‘embarrass’ is a poor choice of word.  

Hey guys, can we include prominent Dallas businessmen in this discussion, or CIA agents who are native to the area? Is Fort Worth close enough to Dallas to be included? How about Irvine?

Gordon McLendon

Gordon McLendon was born in Paris, Texas, on 8th June, 1921. The family moved to Oklahoma when he was a child. McLendon studied Far Eastern languages at Yale University. While at university he ran the campus radio station and was business manager for the Yale Literary Magazine.

During the Second World War he accepted a commission in the United States Navy and worked as an interpreter, translator and interrogator. Later he joined armed forces radio.

After the war McLendon returned to Texas and joined the KNET radio station. Eventually he established his own radio station, KLIF, in Dallas. His first innovation was to provide live baseball broadcasts.

In 1947 McLendon and his father, Barton McLendon, founded the Liberty Broadcasting System (LBS). By 1952 LBS was the second largest radio network in the United States. The McLendon family eventually owned a large number of radio stations including KNUS-FM (Dallas), KOST (Los Angeles), WYSL-AM (Chicago), KABL-FM (San Francisco), KILT (Houston), KTSA (San Antonio) and KELP (EL Paso).

It has been claimed that McLendon was the first person to introduce the traffic reports, jingles, all-news radio station and "easy-listening" programmes. His radio stations also expressed a right-wing political commentary. This included his attacks on federal aid to education, racial desegregation of public schools and equal voting rights for all races.

In 1963 rumours began to circulate that McLendon might have been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. In their book, Deadly Secrets, Warren Hinckle and William Turner claim that Gerry P. Hemming obtained money from McLendon to help fund Interpen.

McLendon was also an associate of Jack Ruby as well as being friendly with several other suspects including Clint MurchisonBobby Baker and David Atlee PhillipsPeter Dale Scott claims that McLendon made a secret trip to Mexico City just before the assassination.

According to Seth Kantor when Ruby was arrested he "shouted out for Gordon McLendon". The KLIF disc-jockey, Weird Beard, later told Kantor that Ruby "greatly admired McLendon".

McLendon was also a film producer and in 1959 made three movies: The Killer ShrewsThe Giant Gila Monster and My Dog Buddy. He was also ran the advertising campaigns for 150 movie and between 1963 and 1966 McLendon worked for United Artists. McLendon was also the author of several books including How to Succeed in Broadcasting (1961), Correct Spelling in Three Hours (1962) and Understanding American Government (1964).

A member of the Democratic Party, McLendon attempted to unseat Ralph Yarborough in 1964. He later left the party saying he could no longer support the policies of Lyndon B. Johnson.

McLendon sold KLIF for $10.5m in 1971. Over the next eight years he sold the rest of his radio stations for approximately $100m. Later it was estimated that McLendon was worth around $200m.

In 1975 McLendon and David Atlee Phillips formed the Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO).

By 1985 Forbes Magazine claimed that McLendon was worth around $200m.

Gordon McLendon died of cancer on 14th September, 1986.

Edited by Michael Clark

On 4/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, Paul Trejo said:

It is almost a guarantee that Jack Revill was not a part of the JFK plot (or that he was tending to crack). 

On 4/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, Paul Trejo said:

James Hosty was accused of telling DPD Lieutenant Jack Revill only minutes after Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested, that Hosty personally knew that LHO was a dangerous Communist, capable of killing JFK.   Jack Revill was stunned by this statement, so he immediately went back to his office, told his secretary to work late that day, and he wrote an official report about it. 

Hi Paul,

Indeed it seems Revill is angry with Curry for releasing this 22NOV63 report about what Hosty said to the media.    Curry obviously wants to insulate the DPD by blaming Hosty and the FBI for allowing a commie-nut-assassin unmonitored access to the motorcade, agree?

This May 1964 FBI internal memo has Revill and Curry kind of at loggerheads with each other:

1. Is DPT Lt Jack Revill angry with DPD Chief Curry?

Revill_pissed_at_Curry_for_leak.png

2. Is the DPD the ultimate source of the still-with-us claim of FBI involvement in the assassination?

DPD_blames_FBI.png

third_decade_vol_1_no_6.png

SOURCES

1 - FBI 105-82555 Oswald HQ File, Section 150

2 - Dr Jerry Rose, The Third Decade, Vol 1, Issue 4, May 1985

& Dr Jerry Rose, The Third Decade, Vol 1, Issue 6, September 1985

Edited by Jason Ward

On 8/12/2017 at 9:10 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

Well said, Michael.  General Walker didn’t have the power to make a credible attempt to kill JFK in Chicago, or in Tampa, or, frankly, in Dallas nor did he, at the same time, have the connections to create a patsy affiliated with the U.S. National Security State who would ensure that any real investigation would be quickly shut down.  But Allen Dulles and active members of the CIA sure did.

In November 1963, the CIA was clearly at war with the Kennedy Administration.  To understand that, all you need to do is read contemporaneous newspapers.

Krock_CIA.jpeg

Here's the original Richard Starnes piece from 10/2/63 that so appalled the Times' Arthur Krock:

The Washington Daily News, Wednesday, October 2, 1963, p.3

'SPOOKS' MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR AMBASSADOR LODGE

'Arrogant' CIA Disobeys Orders in Viet Nam

By Richard T. Starnes

SAIGON, Oct.2 - The story of the Central Intelligence Agency's role in South Viet Nam is a dismal chronicle of bureaucratic arrogance, obstinate disregard of orders, and unrestrained thirst for power.

Twice the CIA flatly refused to carry out instructions from Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, according to a high United States source here.

In one of these instances the CIA frustrated a plan of action Mr. Lodge brought with him from Washington because the agency disagreed with it.

This led to a dramatic confrontation between Mr. Lodge and John Richardson, chief of the huge CIA apparatus here. Mr. Lodge failed to move Mr. Richardson, and the dispute was bucked back to Washington. Secretary of State Dean Rusk and CIA Chief John A. McCone were unable to resolve the conflict, and the matter is now reported to be awaiting settlement by President Kennedy.

It is one of the developments expected to be covered in Defense Secretary Robert McNamara's report to Mr. Kennedy.

Others Critical, Too

Other American agencies here are incredibly bitter about the CIA.

"If the United States ever experiences a 'Seven Days in May' it will come from the CIA, and not from the Pentagon," one U.S. official commented caustically.

("Seven Days in May" is a fictional account of an attempted military coup to take over the U.S. Government.)

CIA "spooks" (a universal term for secret agents here) have penetrated every branch of the American community in Saigon, until non-spook Americans here almost seem to be suffering a CIA psychosis.

An American field officer with a distinguished combat career speaks angrily about "that man at headquarters in Saigon wearing a colonel's uniform." He means the man is a CIA agent, and he can't understand what he is doing at U.S. military headquarters here, unless it is spying on other Americans.

Another American officer, talking about the CIA, acidly commented: "You'd think they'd have learned something from Cuba but apparently they didn't."

Few Know CIA Strength

Few people other than Mr. Richardson and his close aides know the actual CIA strength here, but a widely used figure is 600. Many are clandestine agents known only to a few of their fellow spooks.

Even Mr. Richardson is a man about whom it is difficult to learn much in Saigon. He is said to be a former OSS officer, and to have served with distinction in the CIA in the Philippines.

A surprising number of the spooks are known to be involved in their ghostly trade and some make no secret of it.

"There are a number of spooks in the U.S. Information Service, in the U.S. Operations mission, in every aspect of American official and commercial life here, " one official - presumably a non-spook - said.

"They represent a tremendous power and total unaccountability to anyone," he added.

Coupled with the ubiquitous secret police of Ngo Dinh Nhu, a surfeit of spooks has given Saigon an oppressive police state atmosphere.

The Nhu-Richardson relationship is a subject of lively speculation. The CIA continues to pay the special forces which conducted brutal raids on Buddhist temples last Aug. 21, altho in fairness it should be pointed out that the CIA is paying these goons for the war against communist guerillas, not Buddhist bonzes (priests).

Hand Over Millions

Nevertheless, on the first of every month, the CIA dutifully hands over a quarter million American dollars to pay these special forces.

Whatever else it buys, it doesn't buy any solid information on what the special forces are up to. The Aug. 21 raids caught top U.S. officials here and in Washington flat-footed.

Nhu ordered the special forces to crush the Buddhist priests, but the CIA wasn't let in on the secret. (Some CIA button men now say they warned their superiors what was coming up, but in any event the warning of harsh repression was never passed to top officials here or in Washington.)

Consequently, Washington reacted unsurely to the crisis. Top officials here and at home were outraged at the news the CIA was paying the temple raiders, but the CIA continued the payments.

It may not be a direct subsidy for a religious war against the country's Buddhist majority, but it comes close to that.

And for every State Department aide here who will tell you, "Dammit, the CIA is supposed to gather information, not make policy, but policy-making is what they're doing here," there are military officers who scream over the way the spooks dabble in military operations.

A Typical Example

For example, highly trained trail watchers are an important part of the effort to end Viet Cong infiltration from across the Laos and Cambodia borders. But if the trailer watchers spot incoming Viet Congs, they report it to the CIA in Saigon, and in the fullness of time, the spooks may tell the military.

One very high American official here, a man who has spent much of his life in the service of democracy, likened the CIA's growth to a malignancy, and added he was not sure even the White House could control it any longer.

Unquestionably Mr. McNamara and Gen. Maxwell Taylor both got an earful from people who are beginning to fear the CIA is becoming a Third Force co-equal with President Diem's regime and the U.S. Government - and answerable to neither.

There is naturally the highest interest here as to whether Mr. McNamara will persuade Mr. Kennedy something ought to be done about it.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:49 PM, Paul Brancato said:

...There seems to be no sure evidence of who arranged the motorcade route. 

Dallas Secret Service agent Forrest Sorrels, in his WC testimony, says that he was involved in arranging the motorcade route.

The Secret Service men from Washington DC all said they had no direct role in it. 

Edited by Paul Trejo

20 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

I've read through the testimony of about half the cops on your list.   The #1 question I have is about Clyde Haygood.    I think the photographic record confirms his testimony about when and what he did, right?   The questions I have are:

1. Who are the "dozen policemen" already in the parking lot / railroad tracks area in the quick seconds after the gunfire?
  2. Do we believe Beverly Oliver's memory of running into "Geneva's husband" around this area?
  3. Brown, Foster, White & Murphy are in a place (triple underpass) where civilian witnesses standing with them were able to report seeing smoke and vehicle activity from the bushes and parking lot.   Shouldn't these cops have more to offer?

<snip>

Jason

Hi Jason,

(1)  Yes, we have famous photos of DPD motorcycle cop Clyde Haygood.   Your questions are also mine.   Who the heck are the dozen policemen already behind the picket fence of the Grassy Knoll when Clyde Haygood speeds there on his motorcycle after the JFK shots were fired.   This was probably before the 30-60 seconds needed for the Sheriff's Deputies to run there from the County Jail 300 yards away.

There was never any record of them, any mention of their names -- and besides that, IMHO, that was exactly as the JFK plotters planned it.  The best disguise for shooters was a DPD uniform, because then they wouldn't even need to escape -- they could just "hide in plain sight" by looking "busy."

(2) I personally do believe Beverly Oliver who claims that she saw the husband of fellow Jack Ruby stripper, Geneva White, there in front of the picket fence, speaking with another DPD officer.   This was, obviously, Roscoe White.   My main problem is how to move Roscoe from the Grassy Knoll to Oak Cliff in time to be present at the shooting of JD Tippit (as Jack White guessed, which sounds most reasonable to me).

(3) I also questioned why DPD Officers Brown, Foster, White & Murphy had so little to say, when multiple civilians in their same location (the top of the triple overpass of Dealey Plaza) testified to the WC that they saw smoke rising from behind the picket fence of the Grassy Knoll immediately following the JFK shots. 

In my humble opinion, this suggests to me that there was a wider plot among many more Dallas Police, at the very least to keep quiet about anything they may have seen another DPD Officer do, or anything they heard about another DPD Officer.   

There seems to me to be an atmosphere of Right Wing hatred against Liberalism in Dallas in 1963, where JFK was a leading figure of USA liberal politics.   Though JFK had some friends in Dallas (especially among the common folk), when it came to Dallas Officers, it seems to me that JFK had few supporters.   The collective mood of the DPD was simply not going to cross the politics of Dallas lion, H.L. Hunt or his radio program, "Life Line" in 1963.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

13 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul

<snip> 

Yeah, and Hosty is pissed off at Revill because this same accusation appeared in a Dallas Morning News article which Hosty had to explain in front of the Warren Commission.   

Revill makes interesting pre-22NOV63 reports on the Dallas extreme right.  Did he say anything in later years?

<snip>

Jason

Hi Jason,

Right -- reporter Hugh Aynesworth wrote about DPD cop Jack Revill several times over the years,    I cannot find further interviews with Jack Revill, however.   Perhaps he didn't want to lose his job.

Also, given that Revill's report is the truth, then we have confirmation that James Hosty lied to the WC when he told the attorneys that he had no clue that LHO was dangerous when the Secret Service PRS asked him in mid-November 1963.   Also, Revill's report agrees fully with James Hosty's book, Assignment Oswald (1996) because in that book Hosty boasts that he allegedly knew that Oswald was a KGB operative as early as mid-October, 1963.   That boast appears in the front, middle and end of his long book.

It seems to me that Jack Revill posted (without trying) the most damaging evidence in the JFK hearings -- because they showed one of the JFK conspirators at work in conspiracy, and also in perjury -- so that J. Edgar Hoover himself had to come in to defend James Hosty -- in order to maintain the Lone Nut doctrine (i.e. that there was no Radical Right conspiracy).

It seems to me that not only James Hosty, but also other member of the Dallas FBI knew very well what James Hosty was doing, and supported him in these acts -- or at least were willing to cover for him, just as Dallas cops were willing to cover for each other.

James Garrison wrote (1988) that If the Dallas FBI was part of the JFK plot, this could explain why LHO, who hated Hosty, sent a telegram to the Secretary of the Navy ten days before the JFK Assassination.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

22 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

<snip>

But the Paines are fairly sophisticated people.   Their education and worldliness make them a dangerous target to unwittingly drag into a conspiracy.   Hosty investigates them pre-22NOV63 and gets glowing feedback about Ruth in particular.

Isn't Buddy Walthers and his file cabinets one of the artifacts of a hoped-for communist conspiracy narrative that got reluctantly downgraded to a Lone Nut narrative?

...kind of like Captain Fritz and others who intimate Oswald's interrogations were almost fruitless because of Oswald's training at the KGB Minsk Assassin's Academy?

...kind of like Oswald theatrically demanding travel visas for his post-assassination escape plan from Cuban and Soviet embassies in Mexico City?

Jason

Hi Jason,

Although the Paine's were highly educated, upper-middle class people from the USA East Coast, this carried little or no weight (or negative weight) in Texas in 1963.  Actually, the John Birch Society (JBS) had coined the term, "Eastern Establishment, " to refer to Liberals, Rich People, and therefore Communists from the Eastern Seaboard.   Remember that JBS founder Robert Welch wrote the following about Communists in his book which had converted General Walker in 1959:

This brings us to the most important of their separate Big Lies. The first is that Communism is a movement of the downtrodden masses, against their oppressors. The truth is exactly the opposite. Communism is imposed on every country, from the top down, by a conspiratorial apparatus, headed and controlled by suave and utterly ruthless criminals, who are recruited from the richest families, most highly educated intellectuals, and most skillful politicians within that country.  (Robert Welch, The Politician, 1959, Foreword)

I don't credit Dallas FBI agent James Hosty for flattering Ruth Paine to the Warren Commission, because this was months after the JFK murder, when the Lone Nut theory was the new FBI dogma.   Yet James Hosty was, in my opinion, involved in the wire-tapping of the Paine home on 11/22/1963.

As for Buddy Walthers -- his fib about finding in Ruth Paine's garage, "six or seven metal filing cabinets full of the names of Castro supporters," is solid evidence, in my reading, that Hosty was part of a plot to blame the Communists as well as  Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) for the JFK murder.   The continual hinting by Captain Will Fritz and his men that LHO was KGB-trained is, in my reading, evidence of their part in the JFK plot.

I hadn't heard before, Jason, the notion that Guy Banister sent LHO to Mexico City, partly to set up a perception that LHO was arranging an "escape" visa to escape after the JFK assassination.   That's an interesting theory.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

16 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

Indeed it seems Revill is angry with Curry for releasing this 22NOV63 report about what Hosty said to the media.    Curry obviously wants to insulate the DPD by blaming Hosty and the FBI for allowing a commie-nut-assassin unmonitored access to the motorcade, agree?

This May 1964 FBI internal memo has Revill and Curry kind of at loggerheads with each other:

1. Is DPD Lt Jack Revill angry with DPD Chief Curry?

2. Is the DPD the ultimate source of the still-with-us claim of FBI involvement in the assassination?

Hi Jason,

These are interesting posts from US history that you're posing for us, and I've thought a lot about them.  Here's my take on them.

Because of the memo by DPD Lt. Jack Revill of 11/22/1963 -- very early in the JFK Assassination saga -- a leak is sprung inside the JFK plot.   It is my guess that Lt. Revill was an honest cop, otherwise he would never have submitted this memo.  In my reading, his memo is the gospel truth.

If Revill is angry with Curry, it is because Curry was angry with Revill for writing the memo in the first place.  Then, after taking crap from Curry, Revill became defensive.  Who was it that leaked the memo to the press anyway?  It wasn't Revill -- so it had to be Curry, because nobody else even had the memo (except low-level clerks who didn't even count in 1963).

So, it was a hassle -- but anger was not the real issue -- it was the chaos.  Revill did not want to be disloyal to Chief Curry.  However, Revill had nothing to be ashamed about, either.  He had told the truth.  Why Curry was pissed at Revill -- and why Revill had to defend himself -- was a mystery for Revill.  He wished it would all go away.  Revill wanted no part of this fight.   This is my reading.

Now, in the later situation, where Texas Attorney General Waggoner Carr and Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade in January, 1964, brings to the Warren Commission some evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald might have been an FBI agent -- this is a totally separate issue.  In my opinion, it reveals fears from Texas politicians that the whole State of Texas is about to get a real black-eye regarding the JFK murder, and at the level of Waggoner Carr, they wanted to blame the Washington FBI for failing to share information with the State of Texas.

Texas was not going to take the whole blame.  I think this was the motivation of Carr and Wade.  This had nothing to do with the December scandal for the DPD involving Curry and Revill -- except that it was a major distraction in 1964 -- and remains so today.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

16 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

The collective mood of the DPD was simply not going to cross the politics of Dallas lion, H.L. Hunt or his radio program, "Life Line" in 1963.

Hi Paul,

Really we've got 4 separate major crimes that are all relevant.  This confuses everyone, me included.   1 - The shooting of General Walker; 2 - The shooting of President Kennedy; 3 - The shooting of Officer Tippit; and 4 - The shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald.   We spend a lot of time theorizing and arguing about who pulled the trigger and who was the mastermind of crimes 1-3, but for the 4th crime we at least have the gunman. Jack Ruby.

1. Not only does Jack Ruby invoke General Walker and the Minutemen in his jailhouse testimony to Earl Warren, Gerald Ford, et al., he's also concerned with the John Birch Society and HL Hunt in the months prior to he assassination.   This is KLIF deejay Russ Knight:

Knight_Ruby_lifeline_Hunt.png

Knight_ruby_lifeline_hunt_2.png

lifeline_ruby_hunt_3.png

2. How does H L Hunt's "LifeLine" somehow get into Ruby's abandoned car?; and Why does a key Hunt associate try to insert himself into assassination investigations after getting fired by Hunt?

Lifeline_poucher_sprague_mid70s1.png

Lifeline_poucher_sprague_mid70s2.png

lifeline_poucher_sprague_mid70s3.png

Lifeline_poucher_sprague_mid70s4.png

3. This is a remarkable claim - has anyone heard this before?   H L Hunt is removed from Dallas after the assassination by the FBI?   {this reminds me of how post Sept 11 important Saudis were spirited out of the US by the govt even though airspace was closed...}

Hunt_out_of_dallas_post_assn_by_fbi.png

Poucher_fired.png

SOURCES: 

1 Warren Commission Hearings & Exhibits Volume 15, p 251

2 - 3 HSCA file;  NARA180-10084-10148

Edited by Jason Ward

6 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

Really we've got 4 separate major crimes that are all relevant.  This confuses everyone, me included.   1 - The shooting of General Walker; 2 - The shooting of President Kennedy; 3 - The shooting of Officer Tippit; and 4 - The shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald.   We spend a lot of time theorizing and arguing about who pulled the trigger and who was the mastermind of crimes 1-3, but for the 4th crime we at least have the gunman. Jack Ruby.

1. Not only does Jack Ruby invoke General Walker and the Minutemen in his jailhouse testimony to Earl Warren, Gerald Ford, et al., he's also concerned with the John Birch Society and HL Hunt in the months prior to he assassination.   This is KLIF deejay Russ Knight:

2. How does H L Hunt's "LifeLine" somehow get into Ruby's abandoned car?; and Why does a key Hunt associate try to insert himself into assassination investigations after getting fired by Hunt?

3. This is a remarkable claim - has anyone heard this before?   H L Hunt is removed from Dallas after the assassination by the FBI?   {this reminds me of how post Sept 11 important Saudis were spirited out of the US by the govt even though airspace was closed...}

Hi Jason,

Yes, correct -- there are four crimes that pepper the Warren Commission volumes -- shootings at Walker, JFK, Tippit and LHO.   They are not dealt with strictly separately as they should be -- but they are peppered here and there throughout the WC testimony.

The data is massive -- there is quantitatively as much data in the WC's 26 large volumes as there is in the Encyclopedia Britannica.  Yet the data in the Britannica is well-ordered.   There is no clear organization to the topics of the WC hearings -- they occur at the convenience of the WC attorneys.

Not only that -- but three of the shootings -- JFK, Tippit, LHO, all occurred during a single weekend.   The Walker shooting occurred eight months previously.  What was the direct relationship?   The fact mainly served to suspend suspicion that the Radical Right murdered JFK -- i.e. General Walker was a victim, not a criminal. 

In my opinion, this splattering of massive evidence for four different shooting was probably intended to deliberately confuse the reader, since the massive evidence presented does not lead to a Lone Nut conclusion -- as any objective reader can see -- it leads to a Dallas Conspiracy.

(1)  I agree with you that too little is made of Jack Ruby's naming of General Walker and the John Birch Society to Chief Justice Earl Warren.  What is bizarre is that Jack Ruby was also an avid listener to HL Hunt's radio program -- Life Line.   The historical document you present from KLIF DJ Russ Knight is a bizarre proof.   

The Dallas Radical Right political message was the "place" where the richest of the rich in Dallas (HL Hunt) and the slimiest of the slimy in Dallas (Jack Ruby) could have a true meeting of the minds!

(2)  I am not surprised that Jack Ruby would religiously follow HL Hunt's "Life Line."   Many people did -- high and low brow.   But why has there been a persistent suspicion about HL Hunt in much JFK CT literature?   The answer, in my reading, is that HL certainly was a part of the JFK plot.   

My CT says that Walker-did-it.  It is an economic historical fact that HL Hunt financed General Walker's gubernatorial campaign.  In my reading, Hunt was also the landlord of the property at 4011 Turtle Creek Boulevard in Dallas, where General Walker lived.  Witnesses placed Walker at the Hunt mansion for meetings and dinner.  Although most people turned their backs on General Walker after the Ole Miss racial riots of 1962, HL Hunt didn't.

Yet what role did HL Hunt play?   The leader?  Hardly.  In my reading, HL Hunt's main role was to support General Walker as a landlord, and with political advice, if Walker wanted it.  (For example, Walker advised Walker against the Ole Miss protest march, but Walker did it anyway.  Hunt said that Walker could have won the seat of Texas Governor, but Walker refused to listen to Hunt's advice.)

In my reading, HL Hunt was mainly a savvy bystander.   General Walker led the ground-crew.  HL Hunt didn't even provide money -- these were all volunteers under General Walker.    No money changed hands at any time.   Otherwise, there would have been blackmail outbreaks.  The JFK Assassination was all volunteer -- by political fanatics.

(It is well known that Mafia leaders from Miami, Chicago and Louisiana donated millions of dollars to killing JFK.  In my reading, virtually none of that money came to Dallas.   Gerry Patrick Hemming said -- on this very Forum, shortly before he died -- that most of that money went to swindlers and fakers.   After JFK was killed, the swindlers returned to the donors to blackmail them for contributing to the murder of JFK.  At that point, said Hemming, the donors called mafia hit-men to rub out the blackmailers.   This was so common, said Hemming, that he himself was afraid to tell the truth about the JFK Assassination, because some of these cheated donors might become paranoid that they were about to be named, and might send a hit-man to kill Hemming.)

3. Yes, there is some literature about the Washington FBI (directed by Hoover) spiriting HL Hunt out of Dallas.  The public belief that the JFK Assassination was a Radical Right plot was widespread in Dallas during the two weeks following the Assassination.  The FBI knew all about this.  HL Hunt truly was a target of threats.

According to Chris Cravens, it was well known in Dallas that General Walker and his John Birch Society rogues were the leaders in the public humiliation of UN Ambassador Adlai Stevenson in Dallas in October, 1963.   That fact, however, never made the national news.   That's how tight the Dallas Radical Right conducted its affairs with other Dallas Officials.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo