The Education Forum

Washington Post article on Lisa Pease's book

Don't ask me how it happened.  But Ben Bradlee must be turning over in his grave right now.

If you recall, Bradlee had his journalistic hit man on the Kennedys and the assassinations Ron Kessler do a hatchet job on Bill Harper back in the seventies.

Now, Tom Jackman  does a nice article on Lisa Pease and the RFK case.  

Is this Jeff Bezos letting reporters be reporters while he goes after Trump?  Anyway, let us enjoy it while we can, before the Bilderberger Group goes after Jeff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/02/09/cia-may-have-used-contractor-who-inspired-mission-impossible-kill-rfk-new-book-alleges/?utm_term=.52d4d39ed7a8

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, Tom Jackman is really a gutsy guy for writing this stuff.

I think there is one mistake in it though.  I do not think that Roselli owned that racetrack where Sirhan was a walker.

But man, I give this guy a lot of credit for putting this material in the Post.   

The comments section is really going back and forth as you can tell there are a lot of people who are really resistant to this material and simply do not want to face facts.

Hopefully some people from our side will tune in and set them straight.

I read the article.  

So does she have any EVIDENCE that Mr. Maheu was at all involved in RFK's assassination or is it merely she found 1 ONE person who SUSPECTED him?

That is not evidence!

Now I have not read the book.  I really don't have time.  Can someone who has explain if there is actual EVIDENCE? 

If not, it is more guilt by fitting pieces into a puzzle without evidence.  

On a personal note, I often attend the Bob Maheu lunch in Las Vegas.  I am proud to have been invited to attend these monthly meetings with wonderful leaders.

I had the honor of meeting Mr. Maheu's son Peter.  When I mentioned I represented the John Lear family, he instantly opened up to me.  He was genuine and warm and invited me to lunch.

I was so excited but sadly, he passed before we could have that time together.

Before that, however, he had discussed going to, Miami I believe, as a child with his dad and the meeting to discuss the mafia and the CIA plan to get Castro.

Nothing was hush hush.  Peter was a very strong man and I could have learned so much from him.  I regret not getting to spend time with him.

Mr. Maheu did a lot for the Nevada community.  I believe that Mr. Maheu was a strong patriot.

So, I would hope rather than rehashing the RFK case- which by now we already know has way too many questions with the evidence to suggest SIrhan acted alone- she actually presents new evidence never before discussed. 

Further, that she has something more that a suspicion of Mr. Maheu's involvement.  

Lastly, I find it strange that the Kennedy's had a good relationship with Mr. Maheu yet RFK, Jr. is apparently endorsing some or all of the elements of this book.

Maybe someone who reads it can fill in the need here for evidence? 

These are my thoughts based on personal observation.

7 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I read the article.  

So does she have any EVIDENCE that Mr. Maheu was at all involved in RFK's assassination or is it merely she found 1 ONE person who SUSPECTED him?

That is not evidence!

Now I have not read the book.  I really don't have time.  Can someone who has explain if there is actual EVIDENCE? 

If not, it is more guilt by fitting pieces into a puzzle without evidence.  

On a personal note, I often attend the Bob Maheu lunch in Las Vegas.  I am proud to have been invited to attend these monthly meetings with wonderful leaders.

I had the honor of meeting Mr. Maheu's son Peter.  When I mentioned I represented the John Lear family, he instantly opened up to me.  He was genuine and warm and invited me to lunch.

I was so excited but sadly, he passed before we could have that time together.

Before that, however, he had discussed going to, Miami I believe, as a child with his dad and the meeting to discuss the mafia and the CIA plan to get Castro.

Nothing was hush hush.  Peter was a very strong man and I could have learned so much from him.  I regret not getting to spend time with him.

Mr. Maheu did a lot for the Nevada community.  I believe that Mr. Maheu was a strong patriot.

So, I would hope rather than rehashing the RFK case- which by now we already know has way too many questions with the evidence to suggest SIrhan acted alone- she actually presents new evidence never before discussed. 

Further, that she has something more that a suspicion of Mr. Maheu's involvement.  

Lastly, I find it strange that the Kennedy's had a good relationship with Mr. Maheu yet RFK, Jr. is apparently endorsing some or all of the elements of this book.

Maybe someone who reads it can fill in the need here for evidence? 

These are my thoughts based on personal observation.

And who is requiring that "evidence" be posted to this forum or any other board, regarding the assassination of either Kennedy or MLK?

Myself, I prefer storyline overview, story objective, perspective conclusions, future investigation direction. I'll make up my mind whether any part of the story is worthy of "evidence".This isn't a courtroom.

As a resident of Las Vegas since 1990 the name Maheu is certainly not unfamiliar. Money and greed gets to them all, eventually. Welcome to Nevada.

These are from diaries of Meier's talks with Maheu.

As you know this would be admissible in court.

Not in the article  no.

But Lisa has seen them and she uses them in her book on page 492ff.

She also reveals the link between Cesar and Maheu in there.

Its pretty incriminating.  

She has evidence that both Hoover and the LAPD knew that Maheu was behind it.