The Education Forum

The chest tube problem

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

What is your conclusion?

The Parkland Staff are probably telling the truth, and the "shallow chest cut" story from the autopsy pathologists was a ploy to cover up the full extent of the damage to the lungs and interior body. This also makes me wonder if the autopsy pathologists were literally acting and performing a charade in front of the morgue witnesses when they initially reported the back wound could only be probed a fraction of an inch. Shallow chest tubes, shallow back wound, shallow trustworthiness.

Edited by Micah Mileto

18 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

The Parkland Staff are probably telling the truth, and the "shallow chest cut" story from the autopsy pathologists was a ploy to cover up the full extent of the damage to the lungs and interior body. This also makes me wonder if the autopsy pathologists were literally acting and performing a charade in front of the autopsy witnesses when they reported the back wound could only be probed a fraction of an inch. Shallow chest tubes, shallow back wound, shallow trustworthiness.

You used the word "charade"

What other charade event occurred at Bethesda?

58 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Ten Parkland staff members said on no uncertain terms the chest tubes were inserted into the chest cavity: Dr. Kemp Clark, Dr. Charles Carrico, Dr. Malcolm Perry, Dr. Charles Baxter, Dr. Robert McClelland, Dr. Marion Jenkins, Nuse Patricia Hutton, Dr. Ronald Coy Jones, Dr. Paul Peters, and Dr. Gene Coleman Akin.

The early Parkland statements can be trusted, so I believe what they say about the chest tubes.

Bob Prudhomme did some good work on the chest tube question. I think he said they were inserted to treat a collapsed lung.

I wonder why those in charge at Bethesda wanted to cover that up.

30 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The early Parkland statements can be trusted, so I believe what they say about the chest tubes.

Bob Prudhomme did some good work on the chest tube question. I think he said they were inserted to treat a collapsed lung.

I wonder why those in charge at Bethesda wanted to cover that up.

Bob theorized that a bullet lodged into the right lung and this was somehow covered up. Not sure how it could've gotten out of the body before the x-rays were taken.

Edited by Micah Mileto

1 hour ago, Tony Krome said:

You used the word "charade"

What other charade event occurred at Bethesda?

That's a leading question.  Where should we start?  Was General LeMay or Admiral Burke directing the autopsy from the gallery or were they cooperating?

I've wondered before if the back shot might have gone on in to the lung, possibly directed toward the heart and notes of this were burned up in Humes fireplace and stolen from Finck while he was cleaning up.

But Jenkins or the attendant on the other side never mention anything about this. 

In Joseph McBride's Into the Nightmare, it says -

"A bullet was reported in the press at the time to have lodged in the president's throat or lung; the bullet in the throat 'ranged downward in his chest and did not exit,' the New York Times quoted Dr. Kemp Clark, the attending neurosurgeon at Parkland Hospital, as saying on November 26, 1963.  The 1968 Ramsey Clark Panel chosen by the Justice Department to examine the official autopsy photographs and X-rays (which themselves contain serious alterations) noted that 'several small metallic fragments' could be seen at the top of the right lung on the X-rays; autopsy photographs of the interior of Kennedy's chest are missing from the National Archives."  (page 564)

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

But Jenkins or the attendant on the other side never mention anything about this. 

Jenkins reported the lungs as "very pink"

cropped_John_F_Kennedy_cigar.jpg?t=15135

Cigars: John F. Kennedy smoked 4-5 a day. His preference was for Upmanns or Monticellos. (White House Central Subject Files, Box 722, "PP 15: Preferences and Hobbies, General")

Edited by Tony Krome

11 hours ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

In Joseph McBride's Into the Nightmare, it says -

"A bullet was reported in the press at the time to have lodged in the president's throat or lung; the bullet in the throat 'ranged downward in his chest and did not exit,' the New York Times quoted Dr. Kemp Clark, the attending neurosurgeon at Parkland Hospital, as saying on November 26, 1963.  The 1968 Ramsey Clark Panel chosen by the Justice Department to examine the official autopsy photographs and X-rays (which themselves contain serious alterations) noted that 'several small metallic fragments' could be seen at the top of the right lung on the X-rays; autopsy photographs of the interior of Kennedy's chest are missing from the National Archives."  (page 564)

I wonder if the pathologists chose to lie about taking lung/interior body photographs.