The Education Forum

President Gerald Ford's comment on the JFK assassination

Posted today on Facebook by Donald Roberdeau:

QUOTE)

Gerald Ford (president of the United States from 1974 to 1977, editor’s note) was a member of the Warren Commission, Valéry Giscard d’Estaing resumes. "Once I was making a car trip with him, he was then President as I was myself. I said to him: 'Let me ask you an indiscreet question: you were on the Warren Commission, what conclusions did you arrive at?' He told me: 'It's not a satisfactory [i.e., positive (ntr)] one. We arrived at an initial conclusion: it was not th...e work of one person, it was something set up. We were sure that it was set up. But we were not able to discover by whom.' "

(END QUOTE)

(Valéry Giscard d’Estaing, the then-President of France, sharing a conversation he had with then-President Gerald Ford, the former Warren Commission commissioner. Giscard repeated the same story to the Le Parisien magazine in 2013. He said Ford told him, “We came to the conclusion that this assassination had been prepared. There was a conspiracy. But we were not able to identify which organization had sponsored it.”)

See More
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and suit

Did I read somewhere that Ford was in Dallas on the day? 

Bush Snr

LBJ 

Nixon (left early before fireworks)

Who was the 4th future president there that day, “W” or was it Ford. Might be me getting mixed up. 

P.S. I believe the quote too. 

How many revelatory quotes like this from people in the highest positions of government, military, intelligence ( E.Howard Hunt's end of life "Big Event" confession ) political,social and literary hierarchy and even organized crime need to be exposed and heard before the average person realizes there was a conspiracy?

I have several times referred others to the September, 1969 Walter Cronkite interview of LBJ where LBJ himself suggests that "others that could have been involved" in the killing of JFK.

This is LBJ HIMSELF saying this!

Check this part of the LBJ/Cronkite interview out yourselves.

LBJ's body and facial expressions display extreme discomfort and great holding back deception imo. He shifts his body nervously and widely side to side, he often avoids eye to eye contact with Cronkite when sharing this statement and he looks down and closes and blinks his eyes constantly throughout.

LBJ also halts and hesitates so much in sharing his doubt about the no conspiracy finding to Cronkite, you can just feel his inner thought worry, caution and angst. It's really obvious, even kind of cringing to watch.

No wonder he ordered Cronkite and CBS to not show this interview publicly until after his death.

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=COaBkPoF&rs=AOn4CLCRW3iEqyphchHRQrhFhswzsBAlKA
Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

How many quoted revelations like this from people in the highest positions of government, military, intelligence ( E.Howard Hunt's end of life "Big Event" confession ) political,social and literary hierarchy and even organized crime need to be exposed and heard before the average person realizes there was a conspiracy?

I have several times referred others to the September, 1969 Walter Cronkite interview of LBJ where LBJ himself suggests that "others that could have been involved" in the killing of JFK.

This is LBJ HIMSELF saying this!

Check this part of the LBJ/Cronkite interview out yourselves.

LBJ's body and facial expressions display extreme discomfort and great holding back deception imo. He shifts his body nervously and widely side to side, he often avoids eye to eye contact with Cronkite when sharing this statement and he looks down and closes and blinks his eyes constantly throughout.

LBJ also halts and hesitates so much in sharing his doubt about the no conspiracy finding to Cronkite, you can just feel his inner thought worry, caution and angst. It's really obvious, even kind of cringing to watch.

No wonder he ordered Cronkite and CBS to not show this Warren Commission publicly until after his death.

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=COaBkPoF&rs=AOn4CLCRW3iEqyphchHRQrhFhswzsBAlKA

I know, its like how many need to say it before its credible?! Do you think LBJ said that knowing at some later date it would possibly come out and it would make him look less guilty in the equation? Was he thinking of his legacy or what was left of it after Vietnam? 

21 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

I know, its like how many need to say it before its credible?! Do you think LBJ said that knowing at some later date it would possibly come out and it would make him look less guilty in the equation? Was he thinking of his legacy or what was left of it after Vietnam? 

I think what you suggest may be correct.

LBJ may be planting a "Gee, maybe others were involved.  Even I was fooled."  fall back legacy excuse if the truth ever got out.

And also note that Cronkite frames his question to LBJ with a "foreign Influence" cover.

Do you think there may have been "international" connections? Cronkite won't go near asking if there may have been "domestic" connections and involvement.

Another out for LBJ.

Watch LBJ squirm, stammer, long pause hesitate and look away with worried brow contemplation while making his "others that could have been involved" comments.

You can see and almost feel a whirlwind of self-preservation and probably guilt emotion thoughts going on inside his head imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

"You can see and feel a whirlwind of self-preservation and probably guilt emotion thoughts going on in his head.  imo."  Joe Bauer

Joe, I have watched that interview a few times over the years, and I believe LBJ might have been doing a little bit of 'confessing'.  His body language, especially the eyes darting around and then looking down as he talked seemed to indicate, at least to me, that he wanted to get something on the record.

1 hour ago, Terry Adams said:

"You can see and feel a whirlwind of self-preservation and probably guilt emotion thoughts going on in his head.  imo."  Joe Bauer

Joe, I have watched that interview a few times over the years, and I believe LBJ might have been doing a little bit of 'confessing'.  His body language, especially the eyes darting around and then looking down as he talked seemed to indicate, at least to me, that he wanted to get something on the record.

Totally agree.

Could you imagine if any of the major players of a JFK coup ever broke down mentally and confessed in a public record way what really went down and who else was involved and gave up irrefutable details?

I believe that if the rest of the control group couldn't immediately destroy the credibility of the confessor and the story, and the public bought the story, there would have been a mass movement of unprecedented societal anger and justice demanding outrage.

There would have been a complete breakdown in societal trust of our federal government and that would last for generations. I think the public would demand a "Marshall Law" crackdown on their own government.

Let's say LBJ was the one that cracked.

He probably realized that his name and family name would be mud forever. It would have destroyed his family for generations.

If Texas Oil and Ed Clark was involved and this was accepted as truth by the majority of Americans, they would have been arrested and their holdings would have been confiscated.

If there was a domestic conspiracy, the main participants would have been trapped in never being able to confess the truth. The damage to them and their families and the institutions they may have been highly placed in would be so great, widespread and long term it would surely be their ultimate silencing fear imo.

Here we have LBJ himself "kind of" confessing a conspiracy in the JFK event. His extremely stressed body shifting, facial expression and halting unsure commentary shout his inner conflict. I would love for some body and facial expression reading expert to watch this part of the Cronkite interview and share with us what they think of LBJ's interview performance.

Edited by Joe Bauer