The Education Forum

Question for Mark Knight

Hi Mark,

A while ago you mentioned in a post that you had seen a photo of a man identified as the assassin in the Martin Luther King murder in the Kentucky courier journal who bore resemblance to the Mexico city Oswald.

I am in the process of obtaining the photo if it still exists, I just need to narrow the timeframe a bit.

King was assassinated on the 4th of April 68, do you remember how long after the assassination the photo appeared?

Thanks

John Geraghty

Hemming, of course, has identified him as Saul Sague.

And Hemming has stated he believes Sague was involved in the King assassination, but not as the shooter. I believe he has identified the shooter as Robert Emmett Johnson.

Look forward to the photos!

And Tim, the locals call the Derby City "LOO-a-vul."

Steve, of course, is correct about the capital, where the capitol is located.

John, my recollection is a bit fuzzy on just when the photo appeared...I do recall that it was an "AP Wirephoto," and it was on the right-hand side of the front page, above the fold...but the length of time between the MLK shooting and the capture of James Earl Ray at London's Heathrow Airport makes this a detail I just didn't log into the memory banks at the time. Of course, until the capture of Ray--and the realization that he looked nothing like the photo of the alleged assassin that was published previously--it wasn't of primary importance to me.

Assuming Chris' comments are tongue-in-cheek, I would suggest his reference to "Frankfurters" vs. "Frankforters" is an attempt at "hot-dogging." :D