The Education Forum

An aha! moment

Jack White

Last night I had a sudden Aha! moment.

As we know the so-called Zapruder film was 25' 8mm, really 16mm with a Side A and a Side B, which were

then slit apart. A & B were usually joined back together for a continuous 50' of film.

The Zfilm was different. It was left as two 25' separate films.

A...the Zapruder grandchildren playing

B...the president getting done in on Elm

You never hear much about the A side of the film, except that IT EXISTED. I have never seen it at all.

You know all about the B side of the film, except what happened to the rest of the "blank" film after the

assassination part? Did someone just snip it off and discard it?

But back to the A side of the film...the Z grandchildren. I got to thinking about them. Why were they there?

Just what WAS the A side of the film?

THEN IT SUDDENLY DAWNED ON ME. The A side of the film was there TO AUTHENTICATE ABE TAKING THE

FILM. If someone else actually took the film, some could claim that he did not take the film. So how to

authenticate the film?

1. Have him show up at Channel 8 claiming he took the film, and

2. HAVE THE "A SIDE" OF THE FILM SHOW HIS GRANDCHILDREN.

I think the "A side" should be examined.

Jack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we know the so-called Zapruder film was 25' 8mm, really 16mm with a Side A and a Side B, which were

then slit apart. A & B were usually joined back together for a continuous 50' of film.

You never hear much about the A side of the film, except that IT EXISTED. I have never seen it at all.

You know all about the B side of the film, except what happened to the rest of the "blank" film after the

But back to the A side of the film...the Z grandchildren. I got to thinking about them. Why were they there?

THEN IT SUDDENLY DAWNED ON ME. The A side of the film was there TO AUTHENTICATE ABE TAKING THE

FILM. If someone else actually took the film, some could claim that he did not take the film. So how to

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Sorry, but that's not much of an "aha! moment.

While the A side has been removed from the original film in the Arcives, the A side is present in both Secret Service First Day copies of the film in the Archives. Images of it have appeared in Esquire and possibly Argosy in the 1970s, and in Trask's book on the Zapruder film.

Do you have Trask's book on the Z film?

Todd

Jack I have never seen the A side, I do however have a frame dowloaded on my computer

l_75370733d2d8483298b3454136da096d.jpg

I wonder if Zapruder was just givin back that side of the film after it was cut?

Or maybe the 6th FM got that side with all of the Zapruder stuff that was with the camera original

I would love to see that part of the film as well

Todd is correct on page 26 of Trasks NNOSFOF shows the frame I posted and some smaller frames of one of Zappys grandkids

Todd do you remember what issues of Argosy? I have two of the Argosy issues that discuss the Z-film but would have to dig them out

Edited by Dean Hagerman

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

While the A side has been removed from the original film in the Arcives, the A side is present in both Secret Service First Day copies of the film in the Archives. Images of it have appeared in Esquire and possibly Argosy in the 1970s, and in Trask's book on the Zapruder film.

Todd

deliver us an un-slit, b&w version of the alleged in-camera original Zapruder film.... then we can talk, till then... who cares about TRASK'S book? Stay focused, Todd! Have you read TGZFH?

Todd is correct on page 26 of Trasks NNOSFOF shows the frame I posted and some smaller frames of one of Zappys grandkids

Todd do you remember what issues of Argosy? I have two of the Argosy issues that discuss the Z-film but would have to dig them out

I was thinking maybe the red covered issue (I'd have to dig them out was well), but I'm not sure.

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Todd

deliver us an un-slit, b&w version of the alleged in-camera original Zapruder film.... then we can talk, till then... who cares about TRASK'S book? Stay focused, Todd! Have you read TGZFH?

Who care's about Trask's book? Well, YOU should, as it contains an image from an unslit BW copy of the original film.

Do you have Trask's book?

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Todd

Who care's about Trask's book? Well, YOU should, as it contains an image from an unslit BW copy of the original film.

your assigned today, eh? :lol: well, now listen son.... for those simple and feint-hearted

deliver us an un-slit, b&w version of the alleged in-camera original Zapruder film

and again, who cares about Trask or Wrone?

Have you read TGZFH?

Is that the book where your crack scientist John P Costella screws up basic photographic parallax, and Lifton shows his ignorance with that silly full flush left claim? BTW, did Lifton ever figure out edge fog????

www.craiglamson.com/costella.htm

Have any of the TGZFH crew ever read any basic photographic books?

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Todd

Now THAT really is an AHA moment. You apparently are unfamiliar with the SIGNIFICANCE of what you said. You

are unfamiliar with HORNE IV, which tells of the significance of the UNSLIT BW COPY. Read Horne IV and get

back to us!

Jack

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Todd

your assigned today, eh? :lol: well, now listen son.... for those simple and feint-hearted

deliver us an un-slit, b&w version of the alleged in-camera original Zapruder film

and again, who cares about Trask or Wrone?

Am I "assigned today"? You're absurd.

And you didn't answer my question.

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Todd

Now THAT really is an AHA moment. You apparently are unfamiliar with the SIGNIFICANCE of what you said. You

are unfamiliar with HORNE IV, which tells of the significance of the UNSLIT BW COPY. Read Horne IV and get

back to us!

Jack

I guess Todd is now OFF-duty, Jack. :lol:

authenticate the film?

Jack

Jack,

Todd

back to us!

Jack

I have Horne IV on order, but i can assure you there is evidence that the Zapruder film original left Dallas and went to Time Life in unslit condition.

BTW, I'm quite sure YOU'RE unfamiliar with Horne V.