The Education Forum

Why do I have to do all of the photo analysis?

Jack White

thanks John i recall that thread conversation i have i believe yours a photo showing what you thought could be possible shot lines coming at the limo..from that specific area......it was always a possible site for a shooter...with quick access to a get away vehicle..and dpd pouring up behind into the area the motorcylists re sitzman i believe as well as zapruder definetly mentioned...and Bowers mentioning also how many dpd were there so quickly after...thanks b..

Edited by Bernice Moore

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin and Robin,

Nice work from both of you!

I'd like your comments on the images below. Specifically, how would you place them right to left in the intersection?

I'm not concerned with where exactly they are, just their relationship with each other.

Which do you think was taken from the furthest north and so on.

My best regards to you both,

Jerry

Thank you Jerry. :wacko:

Thats a challenge my friend. Not easy.

It is hard to tell exactly where they were standing just based on this photographs (different position [low/high] different cameras and adjustments etc.)

An accurate way would be a 3D photomatch/re-enactement. Something what i did with Moorman#3.

So this is how i see it. But no guarantee.

Platjl1.jpg

It's actually possible that Altgens and Bothun were both more a bit south but i would say

it's certain that Altgens was north of Bothun. And Bothun north of Hughes.

Bronson is clear. Sharp mind Jerry!

Another variable is this map. We don't know how accurate it is.

I think this is constructive research gentlemen. It trains parts of our brain which is often unused. Not bad at all.

In particular for the photograpic research of this tragic event.

My best to you

Martin

Martin / Jerry

In this Hughes frame from Oswalds Ghost DVD a man appears from the right of Hughes and blocks his camera view for a few frames.

we see the mans left shoulder & arm.

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin, with ref to the photo from the other side, what does a later hughes frame show, when the front wheels of the limo are further on?

Robin, with ref to the photo from the other side, what does a later hughes frame show, when the front wheels of the limo are further on?

A few more frames John.

That's DPD Sgt and 3-wheel cycle officer D.V. Harkness (call sign 260) standing with his hands behind his back. His 3 wheel motorcycle is to his left and is visible in a few frames as Hughes pans left.

Guest Stephen Turner
Very few researchers seem interested in doing photoanalysis.

I have just been considering comparing Z 204 and Willis 5 (same moment).

There are some interesting observations to be made.

But I am about to go to bed and will be gone much of tomorrow. Someone

may want to see whether they have any observations.

Jack

Because you're so damn good at it Jack.

post-2517-1265911105_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stephen Turner

A few more frames John.

Robin, that Officer D.V. Harkness (thank you Todd) must be the cop in Bronson as well, ergo Hughes must be in the

LOS from Bronson's POV. Possibly the man with the black jacked without hat?

Martin

In Hughes, Harkness lines up with the mullion between the first two windows of the courthouse on it's south facade and north of it's southwest corner.

Given that, I believe that the tall man in the light blue shirt just to the left of Jackie in Bronson is Hughes. To his left are several men in blue/grey hats who could be responsible for the blue/grey object in the forground in the later frames.

Edited by Todd W. Vaughan

I'm bumping this up. Could someone look at post 172 and give an opinion? It's on the last page. Thank You.

Kathy C :angry:

Hello Kathleen!

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this. I wanted to see if I could get more information about the specific campaign stop at which this photo was taken, but no luck. I was hoping to know more about the event because it seems to me that the group right center looks the same because they all have buzz cuts. So I'm thinking maybe a group from a military base, not in uniform because it's a purely political event? If it is San Antonio then there's a lot of Air Force around and you may recall that Kennedy was hammering Nixon about the missile gap. But that's all speculation and I can't say for sure.

I've looked at the photograph and to my eye the sense of being packed comes from the similar haircuts and hats and they're all white men of a certain age. I can't see any faces that repeat so they all appear to be unique but similar individuals, that's why military came to mind. But it might just have been the style for south Texas then.

I'm sorry I couldn't get more information.

Best to you,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Logan

A few more frames John.

That's DPD Sgt and 3-wheel cycle officer D.V. Harkness (call sign 260) standing with his hands behind his back. His 3 wheel motorcycle is to his left and is visible in a few frames as Hughes pans left.

Thanks Todd.

Great information, as always.

Cheers.

Robin.

A side issue. Thank you for the aerial Robin.

at the east set of openings in the third set from west there is a significant hump in the ground. This spot is hard, if not impossible, to see from Bowers, the III-underpass and the TSBD.

John,

That's a very interesting observation about the elevation!

However, fwiw, I think you may be mistaken about Bowers pov.

It seems to me that Bowers would have had a clear view to that specific location but that raises the age old question.

What did Lee Bowers really see?

Best to you,

Jerry

*Clear view when there are no cars or trucks!

Edited by Jerry Logan

In Hughes, Harkness lines up with the mullion between the first two windows of the courthouse on it's south facade and north of it's southwest corner.

Given that, I believe that the tall man in the light blue shirt just to the left of Jackie in Bronson is Hughes. To his left are several men in blue/grey hats who could be responsible for the blue/grey object in the forground in the later frames.

Yes Todd, i think thats possible. In particular when looking at the first Hughes frame (man with yellow coat)

If thats the case, i think we see the back of Bothun (below of yellow coat officer)

best

Martin

Jerry,

I extacted that frame from a movie.

Sorry, I do not know who filmed it.

The beginning frames I have from Dorman are lousy.

chris

Chris,

You are a sphinx! Believe me, I mean that in the best possible way!

Are there any more good frames from the movie or was this it for our purposes here?

My very best regards to you,

Jerry

Yes Todd, i think thats possible. In particular when looking at the first Hughes frame (man with yellow coat)

If thats the case, i think we see the back of Bothun (below of yellow coat officer)

best

Martin

The man in the yellow coat is DPD officer W.H. Denham.

Jerry, yes, it's Bowers I'm most dubious about as well, but Bowers elevated position, the tree foliage, the elevated spot and the few photos I've seen taken from Bowers location seems to me to make it quite possible that a person there could have been hidden from his view, at least sufficiently camouflaged.

Best to you too Jerry.

EDIT ADD : This is from a later photo where the tree has grown but it indicates what I mean

Edited by John Dolva