The Education Forum

Rich DellaRosa hs died--

Rest in peace, my friend.

GO_SECURE

monk

Rich was one of the most honorable men I ever came to know, not only in the research community, but in life.

He ran a tight ship and didn't suffer fools lightly. I will never forget him. He was like a brother to me.

And, I will treasure the friendship and sisterhood I have had the good fortune to have been able to forge with Shelby over the last decade.

We shall carry on, with dignity and respect for his memory, as a friend, a brother, and a human being.

We shall go in peace.

Theresa C. Mauro

Rich DellaRosa was such a principled man who never gave up and who carried the torch until the very end. That will surely be a distinguishing part of his legacy. It’s his eternal flame.

When Rich first started the forum it was like an oasis in the desert. The World Wide Web was brand new back then—just a few years in existence. Yet many various so-called “news groups” had sprung up and several were dedicated to the JFK assassination. But the most prominent one was what we used to refer to as “the nut house” – And the few others were really no better. They ran asylums over there—where ad hominem personal attacks were tolerated by the administrators and even encouraged by the moderators. It was as though arguing for its own sake was the rule. The policy of moderating posts in those news groups was seemingly arbitrary, and was tantamount to censorship.

So, Rich envisioned a FORUM instead of a news group environment. His vision was important because he realized the power of the internet and the www – not only its ability to reach a huge audience, but its ability to allow researchers a visual medium. The internet was only now becoming readily available to the common man and it was important to Rich that the photographic and film evidence be widely distributed, widely analyzed, and easily accessible to the best researchers so that they could upload their work for peer review and general dissemination.

One of the researchers for whom Rich was particularly interested in providing such a venue, because of his efforts in the arena of photographic analysis, was Jack White. Jack has studied the photographic evidence for nearly 50 years. He was an expert witness for the House Select Committee on Assassinations in the late 70’s—and 13 years ago was somewhat frustrated by the limitations of the internet—at least the news group format at that time. There were several reasons for this frustration. Some were technical and some were political.

So, Rich stepped up to the plate in a very big way. He started a forum that was designed to be “top shelf” technologically, allowing image uploading for analysis of the photographic and film evidence. But, equally important—maybe even more important—Rich established a forum policy that was unprecedented at the time. It was based on his profound appreciation of FREEDOM of SPEECH above all else. However, he recognized that along with freedom comes responsibility. He was wise enough to know that there are those who will abuse that “freedom” and use speech as a weapon against those with whom they might not agree; against those they would prefer to silence; or as a means to derail an inquiry that they or their masters found threatening. Whatever the reasons for that type of abuse of logic, language, and free speech—Rich didn’t care—the rule was the rule: no personal attacks on his forum. You can attack ideas, methods, even conclusions, but not the person, nor the person’s intentions or background—in other words, it was a “flame free zone” –and it was the first of its kind.

As a demonstration of his dedication to promoting free speech, he allowed participation of both conspiracy oriented researchers and researchers who believed that Oswald acted alone on the forum. This was important because he followed the same rules of engagement for both camps, even though he was himself not ambivalent as to which point of view was worthy of merit.

Today the JFKresearch Assassination Forum is one of the best resources for both veteran and novice researchers.

I am grateful for having known you, Rich DellaRosa; I am honored to have worked with you; proud to have fought the good fight back to back with you.

GO_SECURE

Your main monk

I didn't know Rich for as long as some of you folks did. I didn't even know he was sick.

My correspondence with him was only through the internet. But even in that short period,

I could tell that there was something special about him.

He captivated me with his talk of having seen another version of the Z-film.

http://books.google.com/books?id=_YAWJka6j...Wv2kk#PPA464,M1

The news of his passing has come to me, as it has to many of you, as a great shock and

a deep personal loss. Reading the posts here I can see how much this man meant to the

research community. We have lost a giant, my friends.

My deepest and most heartfelt prayers and condolences for his family.

From Tampa Bay Online:

DELLAROSA, Richard J., 62, of Valrico, Fla., passed away Monday, March 8, 2010. Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Mr. Dellarosa had been a local resident for 21 years. A U.S. Air Force veteran, he enjoyed his family and music. He was an exceptionally skilled guitarist. Survivors include his loving wife of 20 years, Shelby; sons, Jeffrey, Anthony and Nicholas; daughters, Angela (Joseph) Horstman, Michelle (Steve) Jones; parents, Amedeo and Rose; and sisters, Bonnie Krivacic and Denise (Robert) Cummins. Also surviving are four grandchildren.

A memorial service will take place at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 11, 2010, at Serenity Meadows Funeral Home. Memorial donations may be made to American Diabetes Association , Tampa Office, 4902 Eisenhower Blvd., Suite 295, Tampa, FL 33634.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tbo/obitu...p;pid=140552166

It's not shutting down, Jack. His legacy will be preserved by his eldest daughter, Angela, and by his wife, Shelby. I would think that any of us "charter/founding members" would be compelled to offer assistance, as beginnings can be challenging. I, for one, intend to do just that and I hope others will too.

As a charter member who was among the few invited to his forum when Rich founded it,

I am devastated. For many years his forum was my home page, which opened whenever

the computer was turned on. He did more to further research of JFK than any other entity.

He was strict and did not tolerate foolishness which detracted from the search for truth.

I hope fervently that someone on the internet (perhaps the Mary Ferrell website) will

offer to archive all the pages of research that Rich gathered. It deserves to be saved

after the forum shuts down.

Rich was a rarity, and a friend.

Fare well, friend.

Jack

It's not shutting down, Jack. His legacy will be preserved by his eldest daughter, Angela, and by his wife, Shelby. I would think that any of us "charter/founding members" would be compelled to offer assistance, as beginnings can be challenging. I, for one, intend to do just that and I hope others will too.
As a charter member who was among the few invited to his forum when Rich founded it,

I am devastated. For many years his forum was my home page, which opened whenever

the computer was turned on. He did more to further research of JFK than any other entity.

He was strict and did not tolerate foolishness which detracted from the search for truth.

I hope fervently that someone on the internet (perhaps the Mary Ferrell website) will

offer to archive all the pages of research that Rich gathered. It deserves to be saved

Fare well, friend.

Jack

Thanks, Monk. Shelby had originally posted that it would be "open" till the end of the month.

If it ever has to shut down, someone needs to find a home for Rich's archives.

Jack

• 1 year later...
Guest James H. Fetzer

For those who may not know, Rich's forum has been archived at the DEEP POLITICS web site.

Here is a link: https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/content.php?140-dellarosa-jfk-archive

Fare well, friend.

Jack

Thanks, Monk. Shelby had originally posted that it would be "open" till the end of the month.

Jack

Edited by James H. Fetzer

For those who may not know, Rich's forum has been archived at the DEEP POLITICS web site.

Here is a link: https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/content.php?140-dellarosa-jfk-archive

Fare well, friend.

Jack

Jack

Thanks Jim. There are many serious JFK assassnation researchers at this forum who will be glad to know the location of Rich's archives.

Thanks from everyone at DPF.

Dawn