The Education Forum

Is Tonight the End of Arlen Specter's Political Career?

I certainly hope so. He has had a long enough run for someone who is comfortable pulling the wool over the eyes of the American public.

SPECTER IS CONCEDING, ON CNN............THEY WERE SAYING HE'S ONLY BEEN IN OFFICE OH FOR ABOUT 300 YEARS... :huh: IT IS AN AGAINST THE INCUMBANTS YEAR...HE IS 80 YEARS OLD AND PACKING IT IN..WELL FOR NOW... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bernice Moore

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And down goes Specter!

Hello Senator Joe Sestak! Well, he still has to fight some Repug in the ggeneral election but I think he'll win.

What a great night!

Maybe Specter will now join Posner the Plagerist's Defense Team.

More significant is the possiblity of our friend Jerry Policoff's chance of being elected to the House from Lancaster, Pa., as a progressive Democrat who was endorsed by Sestak.

Meet Pat Toomey Some Repug

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Patrick_Toomey

Toomey grew up in East Providence, His father laid cable for an electric company, while his mother helped raise the family’s six children by working as a secretary at the local parish.Toomey stays true to his conservatives roots,"

"I was raised in a Democratic household," Toomey recalls. "My dad was a card-carrying union worker and a Democratic super voter." A gifted student, Toomey earned scholarships to a Catholic private high school, LaSalle Academy, and then Harvard University. He also supplemented his scholarships with part-time jobs.Toomey stays true to his conservatives roots,"

As a teenager in the 1970s he was turned off by what he observed as "a downright anti-American streak" in liberalism.

"What I found very offensive was the 'blame America first' crowd, the people who suggested that there was a moral equivalence between the United States and the Soviet Union at the time, which struck me as absurd."

Toomey says he continued his rightward migration upon entering Harvard in 1980. "I went to college the same year that Ronald Reagan got elected president and I had tremendous respect for Reagan, and found that he was ridiculed and held in contempt on campus," he says. "I also majored in political philosophy. I was studying competing ideas about political priorities and all of this was just gradually moving me in a more conservative direction."

After graduating Harvard in 1984, he moved to New York to work in finance, a career that required him to travel through Asia and spend a year in Hong Kong.

Toomey made a big career shift by moving to Allentown, Pa. to start a sports bar and restaurant, Rookie's, with his brothers. It became a successful chain.

His experiences in business helped seal his conservatism, he says: "I learned the power and discipline and frankly the wisdom of markets, and the incompetence of government."

Robert Hunter, "Patrick Toomey: From Wall Street to Capitol Hill," Derivatives Strategy, May 1999.(12)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And down goes Specter!

Hello Senator Joe Sestak! Well, he still has to fight some Repug in the ggeneral election but I think he'll win.

What a great night!

Maybe Specter will now join Posner the Plagerist's Defense Team.

More significant is the possiblity of our friend Jerry Policoff's chance of being elected to the House from Lancaster, Pa., as a progressive Democrat who was endorsed by Sestak.

Meet Pat Toomey Some Repug

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Patrick_Toomey

Toomey grew up in East Providence, His father laid cable for an electric company, while his mother helped raise the family’s six children by working as a secretary at the local parish.Toomey stays true to his conservatives roots,"

"I was raised in a Democratic household," Toomey recalls. "My dad was a card-carrying union worker and a Democratic super voter." A gifted student, Toomey earned scholarships to a Catholic private high school, LaSalle Academy, and then Harvard University. He also supplemented his scholarships with part-time jobs.Toomey stays true to his conservatives roots,"

As a teenager in the 1970s he was turned off by what he observed as "a downright anti-American streak" in liberalism.

"What I found very offensive was the 'blame America first' crowd, the people who suggested that there was a moral equivalence between the United States and the Soviet Union at the time, which struck me as absurd."

Toomey says he continued his rightward migration upon entering Harvard in 1980. "I went to college the same year that Ronald Reagan got elected president and I had tremendous respect for Reagan, and found that he was ridiculed and held in contempt on campus," he says. "I also majored in political philosophy. I was studying competing ideas about political priorities and all of this was just gradually moving me in a more conservative direction."

After graduating Harvard in 1984, he moved to New York to work in finance, a career that required him to travel through Asia and spend a year in Hong Kong.

Toomey made a big career shift by moving to Allentown, Pa. to start a sports bar and restaurant, Rookie's, with his brothers. It became a successful chain.

His experiences in business helped seal his conservatism, he says: "I learned the power and discipline and frankly the wisdom of markets, and the incompetence of government."

Robert Hunter, "Patrick Toomey: From Wall Street to Capitol Hill," Derivatives Strategy, May 1999.(12)

Specter was last seen outside the pentagon pleading "throw me a frickin bone why don't ya"

unconfirmed reports of Arlen Darlen spector (no relation to Phil) has began a pop career with his new track " I will survive" C/W

" But I don't know how ?" out on Monday.

Magic Ballot defeats Magic Bullet!!!

Specter will explain how a ballot fired by a three-name assassin (John Q. Public) took out the president (one-term Obama) and hit poor Arlen, who cried out, "My God, they're going to retire us all!"