The Education Forum

Betrayal in Dallas

Due out this summer....

From skyhorsepublishing.com:

Betrayal in Dallas

LBJ, the Pearl Street Mafia, and the Murder of President Kennedy

by Mark North

DESCRIPTION

In Betrayal in Dallas: LBJ, the Pearl Street Mafia, and the Murder of President Kennedy, author Mark North demystifies the most infamous crime of the twentieth century, arguing that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas by Mafia contract killers hired by Louisiana mob boss Carlos Marcello. Why Dallas? Because it was the only location in the country to commit a crime of such magnitude without fear of apprehension. Critical characters emerge in the plot to murder JFK: Henry Wade, the long-time district attorney turned corrupt; Lyndon B. Johnson himself, who, while a senator in the 1950s, accepted bribes from the mob; corrupt FBI director J. Edgar Hoover; and more.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. In late 1961, U.S. Attorney General Robert Kennedy and his brother John, who harbored a deep–seeded hatred for LBJ, initiated a covert Organized Crime Task Force investigation of the Civello mob in Dallas with the understanding that destroying the Dallas Mafia would also destroy LBJ. Johnson, through Wade and other local federal officials he had placed in power, learned of the plan and cooperated with the Civello mob to have JFK killed.

North’s conclusions are based on classified federal documents unknown to the public and research community. It is inevitable that, at some point, any great historical truth becomes known. Betrayal in Dallas is nothing less than the vehicle for that moment. It is what the American people have been waiting for since November 22, 1963.

http://www.skyhorsepublishing.com/details.php?TitleID=1025

Edited by Michael Hogan

Guest Robert Morrow

Due out this summer....

Betrayal in Dallas

by Mark North

DESCRIPTION

In Betrayal in Dallas: LBJ, the Pearl Street Mafia, and the Murder of President Kennedy, author Mark North demystifies the most infamous crime of the twentieth century, arguing that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas by Mafia contract killers hired by Louisiana mob boss Carlos Marcello. Why Dallas? Because it was the only location in the country to commit a crime of such magnitude without fear of apprehension. Critical characters emerge in the plot to murder JFK: Henry Wade, the long-time district attorney turned corrupt; Lyndon B. Johnson himself, who, while a senator in the 1950s, accepted bribes from the mob; corrupt FBI director J. Edgar Hoover; and more.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. In late 1961, U.S. Attorney General Robert Kennedy and his brother John, who harbored a deep–seeded hatred for LBJ, initiated a covert Organized Crime Task Force investigation of the Civello mob in Dallas with the understanding that destroying the Dallas Mafia would also destroy LBJ. Johnson, through Wade and other local federal officials he had placed in power, learned of the plan and cooperated with the Civello mob to have JFK killed.

North’s conclusions are based on classified federal documents unknown to the public and research community. It is inevitable that, at some point, any great historical truth becomes known. Betrayal in Dallas is nothing less than the vehicle for that moment. It is what the American people have been waiting for since November 22, 1963.

Lyndon Johnson has blood up to his armpits in the JFK assassination. And he had plenty of help, both in the killing and in the cover up.

Due out this summer....

Betrayal in Dallas

by Mark North

DESCRIPTION

Lyndon Johnson has blood up to his armpits in the JFK assassination. And he had plenty of help, both in the killing and in the cover up.

Yeah, yeah we know. And "John Kennedy was an out-of-control Sex Freak who had many, many affairs."

North’s conclusions are based on classified federal documents unknown to the public and research community.

I wonder if he pulled a Sandy Berger and sneaked them out of the archives in his socks.

Did it happen in Dallas strictly to increase the visible culpability of those culpable at a certain middle-level (LBJ, Connally, Texas oil)? Or simply because Tampa and Chicago didn't work out, and the cover-up was the most easily controllable there? Would fewer witnesses and investigators have died had it happened elsewhere?

• 7 months later...

I read it..it's one of a few that have cropped up recently that are just abominable. Zirbel's..then this.

Any book that starts with it fist paragraph saying Kennedy was dead after a gangland-style execution..well..I don't need to go further.

Bobby's JD was moving in on wiretaps and bookmaking in Dallas..the so named "Pearl st Gang...",Civello's crew.....this would lead eventually to Johnson, Judge Hughes, Sanders.....so Civello got the go ahead by Marcello...and..this isn't necessary..

Needless to say.. Kennedy was slain to curb this...

All very good points, Jim DiEugenio, "Why not Miami or Tampa with Trafficante's connections?" Michael Hogan, Yeah, yeah we know. And "John Kennedy was an out-of-control Sex Freak who had many, many affairs." Robert Morrow, well what can I say, Steve Duffy, its always a pleasure to read your work, but is everyone forgetting who had more connections to the mob then LBJ? What about Nixon? And,

Why not assassinate the president in Miami when they had the chance? Why take it from Miami to Dallas? There certainly is a lot of good information out there, but unfortunately its not all out there.

And by the way, I'm not saying the mob did it, so please don't quote me on that. I'm not a mob did it kind of guy, I've always said it was those who were trained by the CIA who were involved in Operation 40, who were trained assassins. That's what they do, that's what they knew what or how to do. KILL.

I do beleive that all the assassins came out of Miami.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

LJB, was always looking over his own shoulders, worried about someone assassinating him, someone who's worried that much isn't involved as much as you think he was other then participating in the cover up, that's it.

What does "LJB" stand for, "Lousy Job, Blow"? :blink:

--Thomas aka "Tommy O'Pepper"

LJB, was always looking over his own shoulders, worried about someone assassinating him, someone who's worried that much isn't involved as much as you think he was other then participating in the cover up, that's it.

What does "LJB" stand for, "Lousy Job, Blow"? :blink:

--Thomas aka "Tommy O'Pepper"

I did get abit ahead of myself there didn't I? Guess that's why hiring an editor is a good thing eh? And BTW, I never thought that an LJB could actually be an LBJ. :lol:

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Guest James H. Fetzer

Good post, Jim. I don't think the mob even had a shooter. I have a Dallas Deputy Sheriff on the County Records Building; an anti-Castro Cuban in the Dal-Tex; a CIA guy on the east side of the Book Depository; a Dallas Police Officer on the grassy knoll; an Air Force expert on the north side of the TUP; and Lyndon's personal hitman at the south side thereof. Jack Ruby, of course, played his part, but the Mafia did not assassinate John F. Kennedy.

North's first book essentially said that Hoover allowed the assassination since he knew of a threat against JFK by the Mafia.

Now he repeats that but adds a bit more by saying that Marcello had his men do it--BTW, which differs a bit from Waldron's story--and that he picked Dallas because of LBJ's connections to the Mob??

Why not Miami or Tampa with Trafficante's connections?

What nuttiness. Two million pages of new documents but somehow North has found stuff the ARRB and everyone else missed?

Mark North is trying to take us back to the days of Bob Blakey and John Davis.

Edited by James H. Fetzer

• 2 weeks later...

North's first book essentially said that Hoover allowed the assassination since he knew of a threat against JFK by the Mafia.

Now he repeats that but adds a bit more by saying that Marcello had his men do it--BTW, which differs a bit from Waldron's story--and that he picked Dallas because of LBJ's connections to the Mob??

What nuttiness. Two million pages of new documents but somehow North has found stuff the ARRB and everyone else missed?

I agree Jim and don't get me wrong - I don't believe for a moment that this was a "mob hit."

I am going to purchase the book however, and have read some of it at Barnes and Knoble last week.

What I like about the book is how North comes right out and tells in like it is in regard to what various people should have done in the aftermath of the assassination. He also points out that JFK himself was silly for riding exposed like that considering the climate in Dallas at the time. I have always thought that myself and I am glad to see someone finally have the cahoonas to write it.

Edited by Peter McGuire

Good post, Jim. I don't think the mob even had a shooter. I have a Dallas Deputy Sheriff on the County Records Building; an anti-Castro Cuban in the Dal-Tex; a CIA guy on the east side of the Book Depository; a Dallas Police Officer on the grassy knoll; an Air Force expert on the north side of the TUP; and Lyndon's personal hitman at the south side thereof. Jack Ruby, of course, played his part, but the Mafia did not assassinate John F. Kennedy.

Ja.

I think some Mafia Types where in the secret, and got foreknowledge, like, I would say Marcello, Licovolo, Rosselli, Nicoletti. Some of them where invited to Dallas, to "see and believe". Besides that the Mafia was completely out of the loop. IMO the only Mafia related person that played a central part in that bloody play, was Jack Ruby. But he was an DPD Darling andf FBI Informant too. And he knew the person he was sent out to kill "ever since he was a little child." (Quote frim ME AND LEE).

It is my understanding, that the mafia did it thing, was a hoax created at the time of the HSCA, and later promoted by Blackey and Sheim, to sedate CTers punish Garrison and to confuse future researchers by putting away their attention frim the US Government and it's handlers. (IMO the US Government is nothing but an Instrument into the hands of a handful of mighty private citizens to fulfill their worldwide interests.

KK

shooters: I think Prouty was right, when he said, they were flown in from black sides, and pronto flown out after the job. Killers trained at blacksites, without face, track or identity. Prouty saw such a kliller-camp near athens. Those professionals had nothing in common with the mafia, cubans, dallas oilmen etc. (James Files, however never belonged to that sort of killers.)

Maybe these professionals are well and alive. But I fear, with Prouty, they were expandable items, and killed shortly after they killed Kennedy. (By killers which don't know whom they killed. Brutish? But you have to be brutish, when you shoot the king...)

KK