The Education Forum

Richard DellaRosa

It was one year ago today, March 8th, 2010 that we first learned of the passing of Rich DellaRosa. The website was

maintained since then by his wife and daughter, until it finally found a home on the DPF a number of weeks ago as

an archive. All of the information has been preserved in a manner consistent with the same "look and feel" as the

original.

This is not an advertisement for the DPF. It is a reminder that a lot of good work was accomplished at Rich's site

and much of it is available for inspection due to its having been archived.

RIP, Don Riccardo.

JFKresearch Assassination Archive

Edited by Greg Burnham

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one year ago today, March 8th, 2010 that we first learned of the passing of Rich DellaRosa. The website was

maintained since then by his wife and daughter, until it finally found a home on the DPF a number of weeks ago as

an archive. All of the information has been preserved in a manner consistent with the same "look and feel" as the

original.

This is not an advertisement for the DPF. It is a reminder that a lot of good work was accomplished at Rich's site

RIP, Don Riccardo.

JFKresearch Assassination Archive[/url

I didn't know him for that long a period of time, but for the time I did now him, he always had time to answer a question or send a link or help you out in some way. He was a class act in the true sense of the word and I owe him a debt of gratitude for the help he gave to me.

RIP, Rich. Your work continues.

Edited by Gil Jesus

original.

RIP, Don Riccardo.

I didn't know him for that long a period of time, but for the time I did now him, he always had time to answer a question or send a link or help you out in some way. He was a class act in the true sense of the word and I owe him a debt of gratitude for the help he gave to me.

Gil is right, Rich DellaRosa was a class act. And his work lives on and continues.

When Greg posts here, I often think of Rich's forum. And I see the good influence that Greg has chosen to take from his friendship with Rich.

RIP Rich

Richs forum was the place that I started

I never met Rich in person but talked to him through email and on his forum many times

He was the kind of person that you felt like you had met him in person just by his kind ways through the internet

original.

RIP, Don Riccardo.

Wouldn't Rich be surprised to know you and I are friends now? He was like a rocket through my life. I miss him very much, but I'm glad he's not suffering anymore.

Kathy C

yes, he and his site have been missed and shall continue to be, by some, it was a great place for digging out an answer, if possible, and always a good chuckle along the way, he stuck with it for so long, through times of terrific pain, we knew, when another would have packed it in years before, that's the kind of guy he was, he truly believed in JFK, the President and what he had stood for, and so far the irreparible damage, that was done to the America he loved, when JFK was lost...thanks Greg..and all....b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Thanks Monk. If I say that it only reduces our loss infinitesimally, I think you'll understand my meaning.

Rich wanted it to be known that the repository of some of his key memories of the "other" films now lies in my head. He withheld some key information from his public postings. He shared it with me on January 1, 2010. His stated reason was to effectively pass on the baton, so that he could be freed from the harassment of it. Perhaps he also had an inkling that he was to leave us soon.

I have also safeguarded this information, in case I am hit by a Melbourne tram, or disappear on my visit to the U.S. next week.

Until then, I'm watching and waiting.

Cheers mate, and a drink to your memory, Rich.

John

original.

RIP, Don Riccardo.

Thanks Mike. To be associated with a man of such great character is truly an honor...

original.

RIP, Don Riccardo.

Gil is right, Rich DellaRosa was a class act. And his work lives on and continues.

When Greg posts here, I often think of Rich's forum. And I see the good influence that Greg has chosen to take from his friendship with Rich.

Wouldn't Rich be surprised to know you and I are friends now? He was like a rocket through my life. I miss him very much, but I'm glad he's not suffering anymore.

Kathy C

He wouldn't even believe it! He'd sooner believe the "magic bullet theory" was true...? NOT -- But, still he would be very surprised...and very pleased. :)

Guest James H. Fetzer

He was a good man, Monk, and you and he ran a tight ship--taut, but fair.

I have very fond memories of Rich and of the JFKresearch.com forum, which

DPF is preserving for us. And that is a very fine memorial to a very fine man.

original.

RIP, Don Riccardo.

Edited by James H. Fetzer

I will never forget the original JFK Research Forum that Rich ran. What a place that was! You could argue with Gary Mack personally, because he was a prolific poster there. It was also exciting to be able to communicate directly with Jack White, whose work I had long admired. Also, it featured so many great researchers who have disappeared from online forums; Scott Myers, Jim Hargrove, many others I can't recall off hand.

It was there that I was first exposed to the contributions of Greg "Monk" Burnham and Robert Charles-Dunne- both of them then, as now, consistently outstanding in their posts.

Rich is definitely missed by all, and we owe a great debt to him.

Call me sentimental, but only a few weeks ago I removed from my desktop the quick bookmark link to Rich's forum.

It just did not seem right unless it was there, even though the forum was long gone. For many years it

was my HOME PAGE, which opened up when I opened the internet.

Jack

Hey Don,

Those truly were "the good old days" indeed! I remember that Anthony Marsh was the first person ever banned from the forum! Paul Burke was the second...ahhh--the memories. We don't need to mention the

names of EF moderators on the list... (LOL, you know who you are...)

The culture was different then. The obstacles, while formidable, were both ill defined and illusive; the disingenuous were not easily discerned from the sincere; the genuine "revolutionary" was not easily distinguished

from the anarchist; but, the WARREN COMMISSION APOLOGIST was all too transparent, similar to the present day. Rich allowed the free expression of "Lone Nuts" [my terminology, not his] on the forum irrespective of

his own personal revulsion to their presence. Like JFK, Rich tolerated--indeed, he encouraged--diversity and freedom of speech.

I remember about 18 months before he died we exchanged some emails. He asked: "My main Monk, why do you think so many of the past regular participants no longer post here?"

Wow. That was interesting because I had stopped posting for quite a while myself due to changing personal circumstances, i.e., I got re-married, and my daughter was married to an Australian, and 2 years later had a baby, etc.

-- and so I was unsure how to answer.

Finally, I said:

"Unfortunately, perhaps people just NEED to argue this "JFK Subject" out. Sometimes they NEED to make it "bloody" (figuratively speaking, of course). After the forum became "civilized" the "need" for confrontation was perhaps

not met there anymore."

It's all supposition, at this point. But, I do miss those "good old days" -- I miss fighting the "good fight" back-to-back with my Compadre, Don Riccardo.