The Education Forum

How and where I think the Zfilm was altered

There is only one known film to capture the limo between the end of Towner/Martin and the beginning of Muchmore… the Zapruder film. (Gordon Arnold, Babushka lady both might have captured it… but those films are gone, if they ever existed at all)

Muchmore’s limo shot is synced to z272…

Nix’s limo shot is synced at approx. z295

From approx. z133 until z272, only the Zfilm captures the action in motion

All the photos of the limo are placed in reference to a Zframe location

On the weekend of the shooting the NPIC and LIFE had access to the film…

Frames were numbered with 312 being the headshot and then worked backward from there

Or so it seems…

As we watch the film it is obvious that JFK is hit somewhere between 190 and 225, at least once

I believe it was the WCR that stated there was not shot from the TSBD until frame 210

“The test revealed that the next point at which the rifleman had a clear view through the telescopic sight of the point where the bullet entered the President's back was when the car emerged from behind the tree at frame 210.279 (See Commission Exhibit No. 893, p. 102.)”

So LIFE’s shot at 190 is not possible from the TSBD unless it was a complete miss

And the OTHER POSSIBLITIES “Frames on which shots occur” lists 206 and 213.

There is then a break until at least z242… and z264… that is if we assume they are listing the frames in which shots appear or are they working backward and saying shots HAD to occur on these frames…

If we were to remove 2 seconds of film, 36 frames, PRIOR to z272, we now have z242 occurring at z206 (where there is a splice in the film), and z264 occurring at z228… right after when shots appear as if they were fired in the existing z film

By removing any 36 frames between z133 and z272 the three films sync… z156 comes to mind where there is a visible splice… and again if the wide turn was removed… the 36 frames needn’t be consecutive…

There is also a splice in Hughes as the limo starts the turn and Towner, where it has the limo near the center line at the end of a smooth turn… but also a splice

I’d suggest that somewhere between 156 and 206, approx 36 frames have been removed during a sequence when not a single other film captures this removal and the z film can be synced to any and all other films/photos just by using revised frame numbers…

313 becomes 349/350 and Altgens is standing right where he is supposed to be – 15 feet from the limo - and the limo slows to much less than 8mph from z255 until z313… as Brehm and others basically say it was essentially stopped… at 2-3 mph that impression is not so hard and the ability of Hill to catch the limo is greatly increased…. Plus we KNOW the brakes were on…

Somehow the action was moved up the street… I still do not understand all the mechanics there but the notion that it was impossible to sync the Zfilm to ALL THE OTHER FILMS is a falsehood… there simply were not any other films to sync to during the time when frames would have been removed…

I welcome all critiques of my logic and hypothesis…

Just trying a little out of the box thought…

Cheers

DJ

edit: forgot to attach the file

Edited by David Josephs

Having film break was not an uncommon occurrence. It being called a splice is another matter, which is what is done to a film when putting the two broken ends back together. So the original film was broken and then repaired. The copies made before the original was damaged were not broke, thus they still show what is missing from the original.

"36 frames have been removed ...." ??? Have you thought what the limo's rate of progression would look like had the type of frame removal you described had been accomplished?

Could be the velocity goes to infinity, if done with one splice.

Such tampers would show up in the image spill over between the sprocket holes.

Edited by Jim Phelps

<snip>

lmao anyway...

"36 frames have been removed ...." ??? Have you thought what the limo's rate of progression would look like had the type of frame removal you described had been accomplished?

perhaps you can tell us when you viewed the alleged in-camera Zapruder film original at NARA? Verifying no frames were or have been removed? You watch "altered film-video clips everyday.

BTW, Any 'Hollyweird professional' optical film printing technician of the day (circa. 1963-64) could remove 36 frames from the Zapruder film and you'd be none-the-wiser. That's their job dude, alter, fix, mend, repair original film footage. In other words, bring location-studio footage in-tune with the script. Dig?

<snip>

lmao anyway...

perhaps you can tell us when you viewed the alleged in-camera Zapruder film original at NARA? Verifying no frames were or have been removed? You watch "altered film-video clips everyday.

BTW, Any 'Hollyweird professional' optical film printing technician of the day (circa. 1963-64) could remove 36 frames from the Zapruder film and you'd be none-the-wiser. That's their job dude, alter, fix, mend, repair original film footage. In other words, bring location-studio footage in-tune with the script. Dig?

I had hoped to hear from you David...

To address a point, as long as Nix and Muchmore sync up after 272... there would be no other syncing issues... agree?

And second, would removing these frames during the turn also result in the same thing?

Since we dont have the turn in Zap to compare to Martin, Towner, etc... there are no sync issues

and frame 133 is actually 177/8/9 or so...

Thanks DH

DJ

Having film break was not an uncommon occurrence. It being called a splice is another matter, which is what is done to a film when putting the two broken ends back together. So the original film was broken and then repaired. The copies made before the original was damaged were not broke, thus they still show what is missing from the original.

Bill... as I asked David... the question is not HOW (at least not in this thread)... the question is whether or not the claim that "syncing ALL THOSE FILMS would be impossible"...blah, blah

is as big an overstatement as it appears.

When in reality there is only the 2 to deal with... Zap doesn't cover the turn... so no syncing needed there

and no other films show the limo before 133 up to 272 and Muchmore... 295 or so for Nix...

IF these frames are removed anytime prior to 272, and numbered where z133 should have been z179... M01 = z272 & N01 = z295

Everything syncs up fine...

So forgetting the process for a second, please address the concept.

thanks

DJ

I still do not understand all the mechanics there but the notion that it was impossible to sync the Zfilm to ALL THE OTHER FILMS is a falsehood… there simply were not any other films to sync to during the time when frames would have been removed…

I welcome all critiques of my logic and hypothesis…

Just trying a little out of the box thought…

Cheers

DJ

edit: forgot to attach the file

Mechanics are called: the art of optical film printing some passed the motion picture art-form from generation to generation... clearly an art-form from

Out of the box thought? Perhaps, square in the middle of the box, thinking that is....so BRAVO.... Any thing is possible in the world of film special effects.

We have a flawed Warren Commission Report (who doubts that these days). LHO's guilt is hotly debated. Appears we have a flawed Zapruder Film, yet, we're to discount on-site (Elm Street-Dealey Plaza) eyewitness testimony.... typical of lone nut, FLAWED logic... yes, its possible the Zapruder film is/was altered.

Edited by David G. Healy