The Education Forum

The Ammo That Oswald Used

Where did Oswald get this ammo from

1: Western Cartridge case's and Remington-Peters lead bullet's

2: Four Caranco rounds 5 if you believe he shot at Walker

So how could Oswald get his hands on the mixture ammo for his hand gun?

Did Oswald just walk in to a gun shop and say i just need 5 rounds for my rifle and no more and just enough rounds to load and reload my handgun!

There no place that would break up a box of ammo to sell just part of it.

The FBI check all gunshop and other places that sold ammo and none sold any ammo to Oswald.

So where did he get it?

Where did Oswald get this ammo from

1: Western Cartridge case's and Remington-Peters lead bullet's

2: Four Caranco rounds 5 if you believe he shot at Walker

So how could Oswald get his hands on the mixture ammo for his hand gun?

Did Oswald just walk in to a gun shop and say i just need 5 rounds for my rifle and no more and just enough rounds to load and reload my handgun!

There no place that would break up a box of ammo to sell just part of it.

The FBI check all gunshop and other places that sold ammo and none sold any ammo to Oswald.

So where did he get it?

Thanks for asking that very pertinent question Mark.

The answer would go a long way to answering many other questions as well.

Of course those who claim that Oswald was a lone nut case say that it doesn't really matter or we will never know, but I think we can know and it does matter.

As Bill Turner says, in regards to political assassinations, it doesn't matter who pulls the trigger, the question is, who bought the bullets?

From what I understand, you can't buy those bullets individually, but must purchase them in blocks of boxes, and the box that the cartridges came from were originally sold to the USMC in 1958.

Also, the .38 bullets said to have been found in Oswald's pockets had black leather marks on them that indicated they had not been taken right out of the box, but had been in a black leather holster for some time.

BK

JFKcountercoup

Excellent question. LHO did not order any bullets and nobody saw him buy any either. Marina never claimed to see bullets.

The cartridge casings alleged to have been found on the 6th floor of the TSBD were traced back to the WESTERN CARTRIDGE Company of Chicago. They were from a batch of 400,000 ordered by the USMC. The ammunition was manufactured in 1954 (not 1958). The FBI report in which this information appeared specifies that [paraphrased] ...since the Marine Corps has no weapons in which 6.5mm Mannlicher-Carcano ammunition could be employed...the ammunition was purchased (presumably for the CIA) by the Marine Corps for reasons of cover..."

Thanks for post that about the ammo i forgot all about that.

That makes it even more suspicious how did Oswald get his hands on ammo that the USMC orderd in 1954 ( C.I.A?) in 1963?

Also, the .38 bullets said to have been found in Oswald's pockets had black leather marks on them that indicated they had not been taken right out of the box, but had been in a black leather holster for some time.

Absolutely. A gun belt or a bullet slide.

http://www.giljesus.com/jfk/DPD.htm

Edited by Gil Jesus

• 1 year later...

This topic has come up elsewhere and I'd like to cut to the chase.

Is there a link to the original FBI document that says the Western Cartridge cases found on the sixth floor originated with a batch ordered by the USMC?

Is that document posted at Mary Ferrell or anywhere else?

Lisa Pease mentioned this document in her talk at the Wecht Conference, and said it was easily located on the web by googling Western.

Also, would it be possible to get a photo of the leather smudge marks on the .38 bullets found in Oswald's pockets?

Thanks,

BK