The Education Forum

Buell Wesley Frazier

I apologize if this has been posted before. A quick search did not reveal it.

In the video, Frazier says he was arrested by two detectives at his home, who then told Fritz that he was being honest and didn't know anything, but that this was not accepted. Frazier then reveals the police tried to force him to sign a confession admitting he assisted in the assassination.

http://www.primecollective.com/buell-frazier/

Edited by Josh Cron

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this has been posted before. A quick search did not reveal it.

In the video, Frazier says he was arrested by two detectives at his home, who then told Fritz that he was being honest and didn't know anything, but that this was not accepted. Frazier then reveals the police tried to force him to sign a confession admitting he assisted in the assassination.

http://www.primecollective.com/buell-frazier/

Had not seen that Josh, thanks

Do you get the feeling he "un"says that they were going to charge him and miraculously the paper bag is born... and coroborrated by family...

and no one else.

Mr. BALL - Did he come in with anybody?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - No.

Mr. BALL - He was alone?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes; he was alone.

Mr. BALL - Do you recall him having anything in his hand?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't see anything, if he did.

Mr. BALL - Did you pay enough attention to him, you think, that you would remember whether he did or didn't?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I believe I can---yes, sir---I'll put it this way; I didn't see anything in his hands at the time.

Mr. BALL - In other words, your memory is definite on that is it?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL - In other words, you would say positively he had nothing in his hands?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - I would say that---yes, sir.

Mr. BALL - Or, are you guessing?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - I don't think so.

Mr. BALL - You saw him come in the door?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.

That certainly seems plausible David. Given that Frazier was apparently under extreme duress with the possibility of being charged with the murder of the President looming, it seems likely he would have said whatever was needed to get himself out of that situation.

Edited by Josh Cron

That certainly seems plausible David. Given that Frazier was apparently under extreme duress with the possibility of being charged with the murder of the President looming, it seems likely he would have said whatever was needed to get himself out of that situation.

Yet his rifle and ammo was STILL taken from him...

How can this possibly be related if the rifle was at Wesley's place?

And why would Rose and Stovall even bother with him AND HIS RIFLE on the 22nd? unless to intimidate?

Confiscated Evidence??

Cheers

DJ

FrasiersrifletoDPD0148-001.gif

Trying to find WHEN Rose/Stovall could have picked up his rifle and WHY?

Here are the first references to a 30-30...

12:44 9 (Inspector J.H. Sawyer) The type of weapon looked like a 30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester.

12:44 Dispatcher 9, it was a rifle?

12:44 9 (Inspector J.H. Sawyer) A rifle, yes.

12:44 Dispatcher 9, any clothing description?

12:44 9 (Inspector J.H. Sawyer) About 30, 5'10", 165 pounds.

12:47 Dispatcher Signal 19, involving the President. Suspect: white male, thirty, slender build, five feet ten inches, one hundred sixty-five pounds, believed to have used 30 caliber rifle. Believed to be in the old School Book Depository, Elm and Houston, at this time.

And some proof that a poly was done....

Mr. BALL. Okay, that will be fine. We will do this. Thanks very much.

Mr. ROSE. Let's see, there was something else I was going to tell you now, I wanted to mention--we did run Wesley Frazier on the polygraph, did you know that?

Mr. BALL. I know you did--we know about that.

If shots were fired within that building... why do we see over and over the DPD letting citizens BACK IN right afterward?

Representative FORD - Did any of the policemen interfere with your efforts to go into the Building and eventually down into the basement where you had your lunch?

Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; they didn't.

I found Rose's report about going back and searching Wesley's place... The last page has them taking Wesley home and then getting a call and turning around...

I thought maybe Dowdy did the report but there's nothing in the database authored by him.... and only one poly from Lewis...

We all know (incl DPD) that a polygraph wasn't all that reliable... what was so important that Wesley HAD to be shown to be telling the truth? The Bag??

DJ

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box3.htm Folder 1 - #3

0896-003.gif

0896-004.gif

question - if they were going to invent the paper bag in response to pressure like this - why did they not come up with something more convincing and/or consistent with something that could contain a rifle? Why did they describe something with dimensions that made no sense? I would a assume that a story concocted with and for the police would have devised something more plausible than a bag that was too small.

question - if they were going to invent the paper bag in response to pressure like this - why did they not come up with something more convincing and/or consistent with something that could contain a rifle? Why did they describe something with dimensions that made no sense? I would a assume that a story concocted with and for the police would have devised something more plausible than a bag that was too small.

The bag was needed to get the rifle to the TSBD... there NEVER was a bag in Wesley's car...

In fact, the bag may have been brought in by the man Yates gives a ride and drops off right outside the TSBD...

with a 3-4 foot package.

The bag also was never in the corner of the TSBD... an interesting mystery inside the mystery...

Read the testimony of Studebaker, Day, Montgomery... and try to find out who and how that bag gets from that corner, to the photos of Monty holding the bag out front...

I'veposted it before... it is very telling...

Enjoy

DJ

another possible theory, after doing a little research (Greg Parker's site), is that Frazier and his sister did indeed witness Oswald carrying a larger, gun-type case; but that in order to distance themselves from the whole event they made up the bag story. (sorry, Greg, if I am mis-characterizing) -

A very valid point Martin...

But since the DPD Homicide Division did not see clear enough to want to use a stenographer for Oswald's interrogation...

I get the feeling the DETAILS were really not all that important, as in "we're helping with the frame-up so all the details have to work" was NOT a train of thought...

What was ? Getting the (Ozzie/Hidell) rifle to the 6th floor FROM Irving the day before..... If they didn't need his interrogation in court... what use would there be for all the other "evidence"?

It would make sense that those who dropped the hulls and rifle would also leave the bag... and this presupposes that Oswald was TOLD to go home on Thurday for whatever reason that was needed.

Now, if Oswald had Irving Sports Shop mount a scope in Novemeber... and this was OUR OSWALD

how are the BYP authentic with a scoped rifle in March?

That morning FBI Agent Emory Horton arrived at Dial Ryder's house in Irving

at 10:30a m. Commission atorney Liebeler asked, "How did Horton know to come

out to the sports shop?" Ryder replied, "Actually, I don't know .... .I told him I had a ticket

with the name Oswald, no date, no address, just for drilling and tapping and

boresighting-no address, or name; he didn't say he'd like to see the ticket ..... we went

up to the Irving Sports Shop and I opened it up and got the ticket and showed him."78

Liebeler asked, "Did you give the tag to Mr. Horton?" Ryder replied, "No; he told us

to hold on to it, keep it and they would probably get it later on and they did."79

Ryder told agent Horton there was no record of selling mounts for the scope and

this indicated to him that the customer (allegedly Oswald) brought the scope and mounts

with his gun. Ryder said the only work he would have performed was the labor to drill,

tap, and bore sight the rifle.

When shown a photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald, Ryder said that he associated

Oswald's picture with that of an individual who brought in an Argentine made rifle about

two weeks ago and had a scope attached to the gun.80 But Ryder explained that an Argentine

rifle has a different bolt assembly than did the gun found on the 6th floor of the

TSBD. The FBI neither asked Ryder for the name and address of the man who brought in the

Argentine rifle, nor did they review the shop's repair tickets, nor did they make any attempt to learn

if the individual ever existed.

"A gun type case? That morning? WHere did it go then?"

where did the assassination rifle go? the building was not sealed off for long. A lot of things could have been removed.

on the other hand I'm not deeply wedded to this theory. But as everyone here knows, there's a lot more to the whole Frazier thing than ever came out.

Edited by Allen Lowe

• 7 months later...

Does anyone else find Frazier's HSCA interview to be as bizarre as I do? Frazier doesn't even make sense half the time.

http://www.reopenken...collection.html

I'm not through reading the transcript yet, but of particualr interest so far (from pages 6, 7, and 8 of tape 3):

Moriarty: Now, at this time when they had you in, uh, briefly in Irving - did they tell you that they had Oswald?

Frazier: No, they didn't tell me that.

Moriarty: When was the first time that you found out that Oswald was, uh, was a patsy?

Frazier: Uh, I found that out, uh - I found that out, uh - let's see, either right before I went over to Dallas. Or when I worked over in Dallas. In other words, they didn't tell me right at first.

Moriarty: Hm-hmm.

Frazier: But they knew that I had worked at the Texas School Book Depository.

Frazier: And I told 'em that, uh, that while I was there, uh - well, I - since they let me go home and didn't even phone me, you know, and they, uh, figured I was foolish, you know, and, uh, that's what I was.

Moriarty: Now, they knew Oswald at that time?

Frazier: No, they were interested in the stem.

Moriary: The stem. They knew the (sports) before - while you were going to school.

Frazier: Hm-hmm.

Moriarty: You had it then. Did you see anybody to get that?

Frazier: No, I couldn't see where, uh -

Moriarty: Couldn't see.

Frazier: Couldn't see from the stem to the crown.

Moriarty: Right.

Frazier: And, uh, it seemed was a - I heard the shots.

Moriarty: Right.

Frazier: And I didn't think that, uh, from the shots - the people (parading) or they, uh - where they - people there in Texas.

Moriarty: Alright. Now, you're still there at the window?

Frazier: Yes.

Moriarty: Did you go back in the building? Or did you continue to watch what was happening on the street?

Frazier: No, I stood outside. I stood where I could see there.

Moriarty: Alright. After the shots.

Frazier: I stood there. As I say, we'd go there for a good while.

Moriarty: And when you were shown that effect - did the people who are - are our leads - were they with you at that time?

Frazier: It was made from being a down from being a little peep.

Moriarty: But they didn't mean to down that.

Frazier: No, they didn't mean to down it. But, uh, I didn't really knew that, uh, I didn't find out things that - this entirely. Uh, I didn't have any idea.

Frazier: And seen that expression with, uh, I went from a, uh, former pal to being a nerd from Seattle. And I found out things where they lied - where they - they, uh-

Frazier: They, uh - they, uh - they come from an active bid. So they went down afterwards and - to urinate and they come down for, you know, the police station. They, you know, they couldn't really - couldn't verify. So I found out their names.

Moriarty: Right. So you found out they were from Houston - their names. Was anybody that - anybody who would know when they followed - when they followed you down off the boarding of the train, would they - have you ever been victimized? Or the boarding of the train was like -

Frazier: Uh, I'm not sure of the time when, uh, the people would be coming around, people in the military - and things were in the military -

Moriarty: Hm-hmm. Where I was interested is the time you said that the police officers ran out of the Book Depository and were going somewhere else?

Frazier: You know, uh, actually that's the earliest. I could, you know - the shots was fired. Then the policemen run over.

Frazier: You know, uh, the policemen go in the building, you know and, uh, they was all out there on that little side street right in front of the building and, you know that they was there 'cause they was - they seemed like they was everywhere. And you could actually say they - they knew the policemen that followed.

Frazier: And then they all pointed out that he did it.

Moriarty: And that was after you had, uh - that you went to Irving.

Frazier: Hm-hmm.

Moriarty: This is after - you knew at that time - you knew that Oswald was being -

Frazier: Framed.

Moriarty: Did you suspect that they had that in mind?

Frazier: Uh, no. I didn't, uh - when I came home and all - we're all in - in the same room as I am sitting like this, you know? You know?

Moriarty: You asked what happened?

Frazier: I was, uh - I did knew that, uh, when it happened, you know, I was just sitting there. I was thinking that I would get fired for it. And, you know - they had the Bay of Pigs, you know? Where I think that if the Warren Commission - I think that if, uh... (either the tape or transcript cuts out at this point)

See what I mean? Bizarre. And half of it doesn't make sense. The parts about Frazier acknowledging Oswald's patsy-status and stating Oswald was being framed are clear enough though.

It's almost as if the transcript was messed up somehow. Or perhaps the tape in the archives is of poor quality and this transcript only provides the parts that are distinguishable. I can't seem to wrap my mind around this one.

Edited by Josh Cron

Moriarty - Jack Moriarty I think, was a HSCA investigator who I later - years later, talked to on the phone. While he maintained he could not talk about his work, his background was that of a police detective and he was a first class investigator. He told me that he only followed orders, did what he was told, interviewed witnesses and developed leads and then sent everything he got back to Washington where he said Chief Counsel Blakey was the only one who had everything.

BK

• 3 months later...

From the Irving Heritage Society website:

The next General Meeting will be on Wednesday, March 27, at the Irving Central Library Auditorium. The general membership meeting will begin at 6:45PM

followed by a special program, “Remembrances of November 22 – the Irving Connection.”

Speakers include former Irving resident Buell Frazier, who worked with Lee Harvey Oswald at the Texas School Book Depository, and gave him a ride to work on 11/22/63.

The public is invited to attend the meeting.

http://www.irvingheritage.com/

Can someone ask him if he knows who James Branum is/was?