The Education Forum

Bernardo De Torres

John Simkin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, Matt Allison said:

This is an excellent episode if you're interested in De Torres, it even leads off with a voicemail he left for the host.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/who-was-bernie/id903171979?i=1000505315249

I’ve been listening to this and it’s very interesting.

Does anyone know when and where the story originated that Bernardo de Torres was in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/1963 taking photographs of the motorcade/assassination, which he subsequently stored in a safety deposit box?  

Did de Torres ever provide any more information regarding this?  

Also, if the story is to be believed, what would have happened to the photos and safety deposit box now that de Torres is gone (assuming that he still held the safety deposit box since he was apparently broke when he passed)?

11 hours ago, David Boylan said:

I have to admit Matt, that there is a resemblance.

My take is this: if DeTorres was in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63, and that's a big if, then this is him.

If he was, I think it is outside the boundary of coincidence that a tall person that resembles him would be in that particular spot, and not be him.

6 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

Does anyone know when and where the story originated that Bernardo de Torres was in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/1963 taking photographs of the motorcade/assassination, which he subsequently stored in a safety deposit box?

The information was passed along to the HSCA in 1978 and revealed in Gaeton Fonzi's 1993 book.

It's difficult to think of a better spot for DeTorres' supposed photo-taking than this.

1. View of anyone leaving the back of TSBD.

2. View of Oswald leaving the TSBD.

3. View of anyone leaving the area behind the Grassy Knoll.

4. View of anyone shooting from the Dal-Tex building.

It was a very secretive witness for the HSCA and Fonzi talked about him but did not name him in his book.

I am pretty sure that he has been named since.  Dave can probably  tell you who he was.

Let us not forget how DeTorres was one of the first infiltrators into Garrison's inquiry.

On 5/30/2024 at 1:53 PM, Mike Aitken said:

I’ve been listening to this and it’s very interesting.

One of the most interesting parts of that podcast is the writer demonstrating how DeTorres spoke.

Who would have ever thought there would be someone that could do a legitimate Bernardo De Torres impression?