The Education Forum

I think there is a better than 50/50 chance that DCM is F.Lee Mudd (Update: Almost No Chance)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Mudd thing is getting very confusing.

According to this, F. Lee Mudd told Josiah Thompson "that one or more of the shots came from the Daltex building".

If thats true, then Josiah Thompson met F.Lee Mudd

muddjosiahthompson.png

Whos Who in the JFK Assassination page 302 Michael Benson

Edited by Mike Rago

Guest Tom Scully

Mike, please stop, or at least put some thought and some research into what you post. You word your titles to "bait" readers, and you post similar to your last post on this thread, all too often.

I found this in less than a minute, using the search term, "Mudd" searching this forum, using the forum search box.

Mr. Thompson did nothing of the sort. Mike. He never encountered F. Lee Mudd. Read the other posts in the thread this post is in.:

This is an interesting point you raise, Pat. Look, if I made a mistake I'm perfectly willing to admit it after all these years. However, I'm not sure I made a mistake.

In the back of my mind still sits the notion that some windows (perhaps even on the fourth floor) of the Dal-Tex Building were broken while none in the TSBD were broken. Surely this is something that could be definitively answered through photos. Secondly, I note that I gave two page references to Mudd in Six Seconds: 24H538 and Archives, CD 385, p. 18. The later reference document (CD 385, p.18) is not reproduced in Six Seconds although other documents from CD 385 are. It would appear that CD 385 contains FBI 302s from the Dallas area. Since 24H538 is a 302 authored by an agent from the Shreveport, Louisiana field office, the CD 385 document may consist of an earlier interview of Mudd in Dallas. If anone can find that document, it might shed further light on the question.

If windows in the Dal-Tex building were broken and none in the TSBD were broken, then it would be fair to presume that Mudd was referring to the Dal-Tex building. Even in that case, however, I should have put "Dal-Tex" in brackets to signify that it was not present in the text of the 302. If this is not the case and if CD 385, page 18 does not specify the Dal-Tex building, then my blunder is obvious and significant. I'd like to know the answer.

I took a shot at F. Lee Mudd in both Shreveport and Keithville, Louisiana and came up blank.

I'm inclined to think that your notion that Mudd may very well be the guy in the red shirt near Hudson is pretty good.

Josiah Thompson

Well , quite frankly I did not think that Josiah Thompson did talk with F. Lee Mudd. I didn't write that article. That is a quote from a book "Whos Who In the JFK Assassination " page 302 by Michael Benson.

BTW, I am still looking for the thread that has the post you are referring to.

Edited by Mike Rago

Guest Tom Scully

I'm sorry, Mike, I should give more consideration to your experience level since you have been posting here a relatively short time. In my last post, (...or see below...)

look to the LEFT of the quotes of Josiah Thompson and Pat Spear.Click on the little arrow to the LEFT of their names, and your browser will resolve to the actual post I quoted, in the thread I described to you.

This is an interesting point you raise, Pat. Look, if I made a mistake I'm perfectly willing to admit it after all these years. However, I'm not sure I made a mistake.

In the back of my mind still sits the notion that some windows......

Edited by Tom Scully

Thank you for that tid bit of info. I went right to the thread.

I have to say one thing. Every time I read this Mudd stuff I just do not come away convinced. In particular this post by Ken Rheberg I find confusing.

In this post he says he has confirmed from a very reliable source close to F. Lee Mudd(family member?) that he was a witness to the assassination.It says nothing about him being on the steps as Red Shirt Man. I am not convinced that man is Red Shirt Man. I am not sure that Pat is convinced yet!

http://educationforu...15

I am done with this Mudd stuff. It is a black hole! Once you fall in it you will never get out!

Edited by Mike Rago