The Education Forum

WECHT CONFERENCE WAS OUTSTANDING!

Brethren, I can tell you that the new research by Thompson and Fitzgerald, Jim DiEugenio, Groden, and the vibrant talks from Cyril Wecht and Robert Tannenbaum were only but a few of the great presentations made this past week.

As for Jim DiEugenio, his presentation (all documented!) on JFK's Foreign Policy shows beyond a doubt that he was no Cold Warrior nor was he EVER going to put us into Vietnam!

As for Thompson, Fitzgerald and Groden, I tell all of you to view Zapruder frame 328 and the entire sequence after Z 313. President Kennedy WAS HIT IN THE HEAD (HSCA hole in the head) after Z313. It is very clear when the blood from his brain explodes downward into Jackie's lap in Z328 (thru the sequence). Brethren, this new research may remove "Badgeman" from our lexicon or at the very least, "badgeman" did not fire the throat shot.

The amount of information presented, discussed and debated has worn my brain out! But it was a terrific experience!

Kudos to Ben Wecht for such a well run symposium, and a thank you to Dr. Wecht for his continued inspiration.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surgeon in ER insists 2 gunmen shot JFK

October 18, 2013 12:04 am

By Michael A. Fuoco / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/surgeon-in-er-insists-2-gunmen-shot-jfk-708042/?fb_action_ids=338533526286306&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22338533526286306%22%3A641237985917045%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22338533526286306%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

A surgeon who half a century ago was among the doctors who tried to save President John F. Kennedy's life said Thursday that the Warren Commission got it wrong in determining a lone gunman assassinated JFK in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.

Speaking via teleconference to a Duquesne University symposium marking the 50th anniversary of the assassination, Robert N. McClelland said he was the first doctor in Parkland Hospital's Trauma Room One to notice the massive wound in the back of Kennedy's skull and that a trauma of that size had to be an exit wound.

"The whole right side of his skull was gone. I could look inside his skull cavity. Obviously, it was a mortal wound," he told a spellbound audience of legal, medical, forensic and investigative experts and the public who packed the university's Power Ballroom.

Dr. McClelland, now 83 and professor emeritus at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, said that because it was an exit wound, it logically followed that it had been fired from in front of the president's limousine. And, in turn, that meant a second gunman was involved in the assassination, contradicting the Warren Commission's finding that there was but one assassin.

The Warren Commission determined that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he fired three times with a high-powered rifle on the president's motorcade in Dealey Plaza from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository. The commission said that one bullet missed, another went through the president's neck and also wounded Texas Gov. John Connolly -- the so-called "single bullet theory" -- and the third caused the fatal head wound.

But Dr. McClelland was resolute. "Having seen what I saw" in the emergency room and then viewing the Zapruder film of the assassination, he said, he believes JFK "was initially hit from a bullet fired from the sixth floor that went through his back and out through his neck. The next injury was caused by somebody behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll firing a shot that blew out the right side of his head."

Speaking on the first day of the three-day symposium sponsored by the university's Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law, Dr. McClelland also recounted how two days after Kennedy's assassination he and other surgeons tried in vain to save Oswald's life after he was shot by Jack Ruby while being transferred from Dallas police headquarters to the county jail.

In his address, Dr. Wecht, the renowned forensic pathologist and longtime critic of the Warren Report, railed against what he called was the "inept, inexplicable, totally incompetent" autopsy performed on the president by Navy pathologists James J. Humes and J. Thornton Boswell. They concluded the president had been struck by two bullets, fired from above and behind, with the fatal shot being the one that struck his head.

"They had never done a single gunshot wound autopsy before. If you heard of this in another country, you'd say condescendingly and dismissively, 'What do you expect from that country?' but this was our country," Dr. Wecht said. "This should bother you so much; this should be so distressing, even 50 years later."

Dr. Wecht, who used a skull and dissected a brain during his address to illustrate his criticism of the autopsy and what wasn't done, said the "cold case" needs to be reopened.

"The Warren Commission Report is scientifically absurd," he said. The burden of the report's detractors is not to have all the answers about the assassination, he said, but to point out defects in the investigation, which they have done. He received a standing ovation.

Among the speakers today will be Academy Award-winning filmmaker Oliver Stone, director of the controversial 1991 film "JFK" and director/narrator of the Showtime docu-series "Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States."

Michael A. Fuoco: mfuoco@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1968.

First Published October 18, 2013 12:00 am

President Kennedy WAS HIT IN THE HEAD after Z313.

Then why aren't there TWO entry wounds in JFK's head?

The autopsy report couldn't be clearer as to the NUMBER of times President Kennedy was shot--and the general direction those shots came from:

"It is our opinion that the deceased died as a result of two perforating gunshot wounds inflicted by high-velocity projectiles fired by a person or persons unknown. The projectiles were fired from a point behind and somewhat above the level of the deceased." -- Via JFK's Autopsy Report

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0281b.htm

Are we really supposed to believe the above words are nothing but a pack of lies?

Moreover, the above words printed in JFK's autopsy report are corroborated by the autopsy photos AND X-rays, which do not show TWO wounds of entry to JFK's head.

More lies? More deceit? More covering up?

Is there a limit to the number of lies and fake pictures and fake reports and phony testimony that a reasonable person should swallow when evaluating the JFK evidence? Or are the limits boundless?

Edited by David Von Pein

Surgeon in ER insists 2 gunmen shot JFK

October 18, 2013 12:04 am

By Michael A. Fuoco / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/surgeon-in-er-insists-2-gunmen-shot-jfk-708042/?fb_action_ids=338533526286306&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22338533526286306%22%3A641237985917045%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22338533526286306%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

[...] Robert N. McClelland said he was the first doctor in Parkland Hospital's Trauma Room One to notice the massive wound in the back of Kennedy's skull and that a trauma of that size had to be an exit wound. "The whole right side of his skull was gone. I could look inside his skull cavity. [...] Dr. McClelland, now 83 and professor emeritus at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, said that because it was an exit wound, it logically followed that it had been fired from in front of the president's limousine. [...] "Having seen what I saw" in the emergency room and then viewing the Zapruder film of the assassination, he said, he believes JFK "was initially hit from a bullet fired from the sixth floor that went through his back and out through his neck. The next injury was caused by somebody behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll firing a shot that blew out the right side of his head."

[...]

I'm having a hard time reconciling Dr. McClelland's statements.

Is he suggesting that the grassy knoll shooter "blew out the right side" of JFK's head and caused "a massive wound in the back of Kennedy's head" with the same shot?

Is it possible to do that with one shot?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

President Kennedy WAS HIT IN THE HEAD after Z313.

Then why aren't there TWO entry wounds in JFK's head?

The autopsy report couldn't be clearer as to the NUMBER of times President Kennedy was shot--and the general direction those shots came from:

"It is our opinion that the deceased died as a result of two perforating gunshot wounds inflicted by high-velocity projectiles fired by a person or persons unknown. The projectiles were fired from a point behind and somewhat above the level of the deceased." -- Via JFK's Autopsy Report

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0281b.htm

Are we really supposed to believe the above words are nothing but a pack of lies?

Moreover, the above words printed in JFK's autopsy report are corroborated by the autopsy photos AND X-rays, which do not show TWO wounds of entry to JFK's head.

More lies? More deceit? More covering up?

Is there a limit to the number of lies and fake pictures and fake reports and phony testimony that a reasonable person should swallow when evaluating the JFK evidence? Or are the limits boundless?

Yea, David, Coool your jets until you can see the videos of the presentations.

Your pal John McAdams was there and so was Max Holland, and I await to hear what they have to say.

And you can't just take one presenter, you have to take in all that was said and evaluate it, but from the work of some of the researchers, they argue that there were indeed two head shots, one coming after the Z-film head shot that blows apart the right side of JFK's head.

McClellan said he based his opinions on what he saw standing at the end of the gurney and looking at JFK's head wound while the other two doctors worked on the throat wound, and were originally unaware of the gaping wound to the back of JFK's head, which appeared to be an exit wound.

As for the source of that entrance wound, although he didn't know the autopsy doctors had missed it, the young mortician who pieced JFK's head back together after the autopsy said that there was a small, thin pencil sized wound above JFK's right eye just above the hair line. If they would have shaved JFK's hair, as they would have done in a proper autopsy, that wound would have been immediately recognized, but because they didn't look for it they didn't record it.

As Dr. Wecht pointed out, the autopsy should have taken place in Texas and performed by civilian pathologists who didn't take orders from generals, as the three doctors who did perform the autopsy, - only one of whom - Fink had ever performed autopsies on gunshot victims, as Humes and Boswell had NEVER, Ever performed one autopsy on a gunshot victim before.

Finck later testified that a four star general ordered him not to probe the full extent of the back wound, and when the doctors complained about cigar smoke and ordered the cigar smoker out of the autopsy theater - the military officer who was told to convey that message came back and said it was a four star general and he couldn't tell a general not to smoke if he wanted to. So who do you think was running the autopsy, the doctors or the generals?

Lies, deceit, cover-up?

Let's see, the Navy doctors at Bethesda had never done an autopsy on a gunshot victim before, and the late arriving Finck, who had done thousands of such autopsies in the Army, was ordered not to do a complete autopsy, the doctor who wrote up three different autopsy reports learned the day after the autopsy that there was a throat wound they had missed, then he had burned his notes, and the location they determined was the entrance wound in the back of the head was later corrected by an official medical panel as being four inches off - that's four inches ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. How could they make such a mistake?

As Cyril Wecht said, if they were Asian doctors, they would have been so embarrassed they would have committed suicide, if they were European doctors they would have had the honor to resign, but because they are American military officers, they can bullxxxx their way out of it.

And I'm glad Anthony enjoyed himself and learned some things, and started this thread, and I look forward to hearing from other forum members who were there - like Zack, Steve Rosen and Pat Speer.

Jeff Morley has been blogging about some of the speakers at JFKFacts.org and I will be posting my thoughts and notes at my blog as soon as I can.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

As Cyril Wecht said, if they were Asian doctors, they would have been so embarrassed they would have committed suicide, if they were European doctors they would have had the honor to resign, but because they are American military officers, they can bullxxxx their way out of it.

I regard the autopsists as heroic for their work during the autopsy -- afterwards, not so much.

The autopsists were on to the perps, as far as I'm concerned, with their speculation about bullets that wouldn't show up on x-rays.

They were heroes until news came in from the FBI re CE399.

Then, like Cinderella, they turned into wretched maids of the national security state.

I got a kick out of Dr. Wecht's "double head shot" theory in the video below, because the theory would seem to be a brand-new one (I certainly had never heard this type of chronology for the make-believe double-head-shot theory before) which REVERSES the order of the alleged two head shots -- with Wecht saying it was the FIRST of these two head shots that came from a Grassy Knoll shooter (at Z313 of the Zapruder Film), and then a second head shot came in from the REAR.

Now, this totally reverses the oft-repeated theory by CTers which has the FIRST head shot at Z313 entering from behind, while a second head shot enters from the front a few milliseconds later.

So, it's apparently now a whole new ballgame regarding the "Double Head Shot" theory. (At least for some conspiracy believers, like Dr. Cyril H. Wecht.)

And wasn't it, indeed, most fortunate for those conspirators (particularly that expert marksman who shot the President in the head from his Grassy Knoll position) to have only the ONE single wound of entry being visible to the autopsists at Bethesda? And it just happened to be the entry hole in the BACK of the head, vs. having a visible entry wound in the FRONT of the head--which would, of course, have totally ruined the "Oswald As Patsy" scheme.

And wasn't it incredibly lucky for those plotters to have the Knoll head shot resulting in no blood spray whatsoever to the REAR of JFK's head. Not a speck of blood is visible at the rear part of his head. All the "spray" is going forward, not rearward. Amazingly fortunate for the conspirators indeed.

I like Dr. Cyril Wecht, but I think he's better off sticking to the old version of that dumb "2 Head Shots" theory. Because by reversing the order, it only makes the conspiracists look more desperate and more determined to totally ignore what we see in the Zapruder home movie and in JFK's official autopsy report.

107ZapruderFilmHeadShotSequenceInSl.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

I'm having a hard time reconciling Dr. McClelland's statements.

Is he suggesting that the grassy knoll shooter "blew out the right side" of JFK's head and caused "a massive wound in the back of Kennedy's head" with the same shot?

Is it possible to do that with one shot?

--Tommy :sun

Very possible. It's called a tangential shot. I am not arguing that it was possible from the Grassy Knoll, per se. But it is possible, generally speaking, for a single tangential shot to account for a massive obliteration of the side of the head as well as to the back of the head.

Edited by Greg Burnham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YtUL-BpZAu8

Cyril Wecht is interviewed: "Let's uncover the truth."

I'm somewhat confused by Wecht's TV interview on WTAE-TV, Pittsburgh.

Dr. Wecht says that "The President was shot three times--once, striking him in the back."

Putting aside the problems associated with arguing that two shots struck the head (the first, from the right front, and then a second one, from the rear). . putting all that aside, Dr. Wecht asserts that the first shot (as quote above) struck President Kennedy "in the back."

Now lets return to the full quote, from the WTAE-TV interview:

"The President was shot three times--once, striking him in the back, and exiting from the front of his neck. Yeah, that's the shot you see when he emerges from behind the Stemmons Freeway sign, and his hands come up in this kind of defensive posture."

So, as Dr. Wecht makes clear later in this TV interview, he (apparently) believes that the wound at the front of the throat is an exit wound (although he notes that one of the presenters at the conference believed it to be an entrance wound (which, by the way, is my belief, too)--and Dr. Wecht himself points to a conversation he had with someone who knew Perry, back in 1986, and who says that Perry believed then--and always believed--that the throat wound was an entrance.

All very well, but. . .But putting all that aside:

If Dr. Wecht believes that a bullet transited Kennedy's body from back to front--entering "in the back" (as Dr. Wecht said in this WTAE interview) and then exiting at the front of the throat, then here's my question:

Where did that bullet go? What happened to it?

I really hate to sound like the late Arlen Specter, but aren't we then approaching the logic of the "Single Bullet Trajectory"?

The single bullet theory logic works like this. If the bullet from this back-to-front trajectory (which Dr. Wecht cites as his belief, in this WTAE-TV interview) exited via the wound at the front of the throat (which he profeses to subscribe to), then are we not back at the Single Bullet Theory?

Yet Dr. Wecht is well known for his oppositioin to that theory

All very well. Then, if the bullet from Dr. Wecht's back-to-front trajectory (which he himself said entered "in the back") somehow existed at the throat (traveling upwards?) and did not strike Connally, then is it not then the case that Dr. Wecht is now arguing (at least implicitly) that Connally was struck by a separate bullet?

Is that what he believes? - - 3 shots for Kennedy, and one for Connally?

But (in this interview at least) Dr. Wecht doesn't say that. After he asserts his believe that the first bullet hit President Kennedy "striking him in the back," he goes on to assert that that missile exited via the wound at the front of the throat ("when he merges from behind the Stemmons Freeway sign, and his hands come up in this kind of defensive posture") and then he adds, by way of completing the assassination sequence: "Then, (as in "after that"), we're talking about the two head shots that follow shortly thereafter."

All very well. . . but what happened to Connally?

In narrating this sequence, Dr. Wecht has apparently omitted Connally.

So here are (some of) my quesitons:

What does Dr. Wecht believe happened to the bullet that entered Kennedy's back? Where did it go?

What about Connally? (What bullet struck him??)

I'd like some clarification on these points, if someone knows the answer.

In posing these questions, I'm not asking "what happened in Dealey Plaza?", but rather, "What does Wecht think happened i n Dealey Plaza?"

I find it difficult to believe he now accepts the Single Bullet Theory, so what bullet, in his sequence, hit Connally?

And, if the bullet that he says struck Kennedy "in the back" did not exit, and if he (possibly) believes that a bullet struck Kennedy in the throat from the front, then what happened to those TWO bullets--the one from the back, and the one from the front?

Thank you.

DSL

10/20/13; 10:40 PM PDT

Los Angeles, California

Edited by David Lifton

It is possible, generally speaking, for a single tangential shot to account for a massive obliteration of the side of the head as well as to the back of the head.

The only problem is, Greg --- the back of President Kennedy's head was not "obliterated". Every bit of skull bone in the back (occipital) of JFK's head is still there in the autopsy X-ray:

00JFKHeadX-Ray2.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

If Dr. Wecht believes that a bullet transited Kennedy's body from back to front--entering "in the back" (as Dr. Wecht said in this WTAE interview) and then exiting at the front of the throat, then here's my question:

Where did that bullet go? What happened to it?

David,

Wecht, at least as of June 14, 2007 [see video below], believed that the bullet that exited JFK's throat managed to somehow miss Connally and then exited the car on the left side without ever being recovered.

Edited by David Von Pein