The Education Forum

David Morales

This just in --

Look at how light-colored Morales' right index finger is in this photo:

JFKmoralesD2.jpg

--Tommy :sun

Edit:

And here's another dark guy with "white" fingers, Nestor Izquierdo. Included here as an example.

JFKIzquierdo1.jpg

bumped

I'm especially interested in Morales' white (on the sides and partly on the tops) fingers, two of which are visible in the top photo, above. Please recall that "Neck Scratcher" has the same kind of discolored fingers in the Black Op Radio video I posted earlier in this thread.

I've already shown in three photos that Morales had a scar on and above his left eyebrow, which matches the description of "Spanish Trace / Shepherd" in Richard Billings' notes, written while he was doing research for Jim Garrison in 1967.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morales was not involved with Frank's group, the Golden Hawks, Frank's group was an arm of CU. Both Frank and Ed were close, very close, including during a few 1976 meetings when things were happening in and out of CORU. Just talked to him a few months ago.

Scott,

You really need to read my posts a little better, my friend.

Just because I put a photo of Nestor Izquierdo as a Golden Hawk and a photo of David Morales talking to some Vietnamese dudes in the same post doesn't mean I think Morales was a member of the Golden Hawks for cryin' out loud. I was pointing out the white fingers of those two guys, that's all.

Please go back and try again.

BTW, have you taken the time to look at the white-fingered, dark-complected guy I call "Neck Scratcher" in the 50 Reasons For 50 Years, episode 04 video I posted much earlier in this thread? You have to fast forward it to 03:55 to see "Neck Scratcher." You should be able to spot him real easy. He's the guy who's scratching his neck (or just pretending to). That's why I call him "Neck Scratcher." Not at the very beginning of the video. At 03:55.

Thanks, Scott.

PS Thanks for pointing out the fact that the Golden Hawks was Sturgis' group. I didn't know that. Who knows, maybe "Neck Scratcher" (the guy in the video starting at 03:55) was Nestor Izquierdo...

Edited by Thomas Graves

"I was pointing out the white fingers of those two guys, that's all." -- Graves

Help me to understand what you're saying here, are you saying that all dark complicated or black guys have white fingers? -- Kaiser

Scott,

I'm sorry but I'm a bit tired right now and it's too complicated for me to explain.

The best thing for you to do is start at post # 11 and read the whole thread from that point on.

If you do that, I'm sure it will start making sense.

The critical thing it that you've got to follow my instructions regarding that Black Op Radio video -- In other words, go to 03:40 or so and start watching from there. At 03:55, a guy walks in from the left. He is scratching the back of his neck That's the guy I'm calling "Neck Scratcher." Look at his fingers, especially the tops of them and the sides. They're much lighter than the rest of his skin, right?

I think this guy (who is scratching his neck) could be Dave Morales or Nestor Izquierdo because they have fingers like that, too.

Enjoy!

Edited by Thomas Graves

Help me to understand what you're saying here, are you saying that all dark complicated or black guys have white fingers? -- Kaiser

Scott,

I'm sorry but I'm a bit tired right now and it's too complicated for me to explain.

The best thing for you to do is start at post # 11 and read the whole thread from that point on.

The critical thing it that you've got to follow my instructions regarding that Black Op Radio video -- In other words, go to 03:40 or so and start watching from there. At 03:55, a guy walks in from the left. He is scratching the back of his neck That's the guy I'm calling "Neck Scratcher." Look at his fingers, especially the tops of them and the sides. They're much lighter than the rest of his skin, right?

I think this guy (who is scratching his neck) could be Dave Morales or Nestor Izquierdo because they have fingers like that, too.

Enjoy!

No worries, I believe you, just for xxxxs and giggles, I thought I'd add Muhammad Ali too... Good night my friend... :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20673422/120117065443-muhammad-ali-1963-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Scott,

Enjoy!

No worries, I believe you, just for xxxxs and giggles, I thought I'd add Muhammad Ali too... Good night my friend... :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20673422/120117065443-muhammad-ali-1963-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Scott,

For what it's worth, I'm not talking about the undersides of "Neck Scratcher's" fingers, but the tops and sides of them.

To see what I'm talking about, you have to go to 03:55 in the Black Op Radio video I posted.

Please don't believe me. Take the time and go there in the video. Otherwise we'll just keep going around and round in circles, you and I.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 8 months later...

A young David Morales proudly serving his country.

Is that a scar above his left eye?

DavidMorales7.jpg

In this photo, there's a nick visible on the lower edge of his left eyebrow, and it think you can (barely) make out a scar going up his forehead a bit, and at a 45 degree angle, from that point. Could it be an old high school football injury?

JFKmoralesF4.jpg

PS Why is this important? Because I think I've located grey-suited Morales monitoring Oswald in New Orleans in the Jim Doyle film. And because, according to Richard Billings, someone told Jim Garrison (Bringuier? Cruz?) that a dark guy in a grey suit was watching Oswald closely that day, and that this guy had a one-inch scar above his left eyebrow.

See my long earlier post (#14), above, for the Jim Doyle clip and for a link to Billing's notes on "the Spanish trace," aka "the shepherd."

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

bumped here from an earlier post, this thread

The scar I've been talking about (which is barely visible on and over Morales' left eye in the upper right photo) is much more visible in the lower left photo. If you look very closely, you can even see it in his high school photo, which leads me to believe it was from an old high school football injury, which sport Morales played, according to his old high school buddy, Ruben Carbajal.

ciamorales1.jpg

The reason I think Morales' scar is important is because a Garrison researcher, Life Magazine's Richard Billings, wrote in his notes in 1967:

"More on Spanish trace... Giant [Jim Garrison] says the shepherd has a one-inch scar on his left eyebrow. He was also seen by Bringuier and Miguel Cruz at Maison Blanche when Oswald passing out leaflets." [ ... ]

Note: The "Maison Blanche" was a large old building where Dean Andrews had his law office on the sixth floor, only two blocks from where Oswald, Bringuier, and Cruz were arrested on August 9 in the 700 block of Canal Street. After the assassination, Andrews said he had seen Oswald passing out leaflets in front of this building, and that Oswald told him it was just a $25 "job"

"He [the "shepherd"] was wearing a coat and tie and sunglasses... He was taking pictures of Oswald." [emphasis added]

http://www.jfk-onlin.../billings4.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Billings' notes, he wonders if "Spanish Trace" might have been the dark-complected driver of the "getaway" Rambler station wagon in Dallas. thereby suggesting that the Oswald's New Orleans"Spanish Trace / Shepherd" was both dark-complected and Mexican-looking. David Sanchez Morales was half Spanish (not "Mexican") and half Yaqui Indian, and was so dark-complected that his nickname was "El Indio.

The photo below is of Morales and in Chile or Peru in 1966. It shows what I believe to be a 35mm camera hanging in front of his chest chest. Note the narrow strap. In a larger crop, you can see some spectral highlights on it, indicating that the leather was polished.

Pict_rfkstory_morales_1_2_sml.jpg

FWIW, 16-year-old amateur photographer Jim Doyle, who filmed Oswald's arguing with Bringuier on 8/09/63 and being arrested, said that the guy apparently monitoring Oswald during that incident was wearing a grey suit and taking pictures of Oswald with an "exceedingly expensive-looking camera," or words to that effect.

Factoid: Doyle's younger sister was also there and said that Oswald's placard read "Viva La Fidel," and that she knew that it was incorrect Spanish. (It should have said "Viva Fidel" with no "La".) Question: Had Oswald made an honest mistake, or was he actually poking fun at Castro?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Graves - this 'shepherd' link from Billings is immediately preceded by a note on the Harvey Wade spotting at the Carousel Club of Oswald and the man with the scar. How weird.....

Read on a bit - repost your link please - Garrison thinks this same guy with the scar drove 'the tan station wagon'. Do you know what thus refers to?

Reading on, fantastically, Garrison speculates that this same man was photographed with Oswald outside the Cuban embassy in MC, and that this was the reason they never came forward with actual photos of LHO in MC.

Question - did Garrison know anything about David Morales? Not according to the index to 'On the Trail of the Assassins'.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Read on a bit - repost your link please - Garrison thinks this same guy with the scar drove 'the tan station wagon'. Do you know what thus refers to?

Reading on, fantastically, Garrison speculates that this same man was photographed with Oswald outside the Cuban embassy in MC, and that this was the reason they never came forward with actual photos of LHO in MC.

Question - did Garrison know anything about David Morales? Not according to the index to 'On the Trail of the Assassins'.

Dear Paul,

Yes, I read the whole thing a long time ago.

Going from memory here, but the "tan station wagon" probably refers to the green Rambler station wagon that Sheriff's Detective Roger Craig claimed to have seen Oswald get into on Elm Street about ten minutes after the assassination, and which Craig said was driven by a dark-complected man. Billings / Garrison has it going into the parking lot, instead, and picking up someone who had run there from the TSBD.

In answer to your question "Did Garrison know anything about David Morales?," I honestly don't know.

Why don't you research it and let us know what you find out?

Sincerely,

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Graves - this 'shepherd' link from Billings is immediately preceded by a note on the Harvey Wade spotting at the Carousel Club of Oswald and the man with the scar. How weird.....

Paul,

I actually didn't realize that.

Small world, eh?

Thanks,

-- Tommy :sun

But you didn't notice that Billings first mentioned the Oswald sighting at the Carousel by Harvey Wade, but doesn't mention that Wade describes a Latin male with a scar over his left eyebrow. But he segues into the trade mart leafleting, saying that Garrison thinks the 'Shepherd' had such a scar, and that the same man might have been driving the station wagon (tan, light green, possibly two toned and faded) belonging to Ruth Paine, and also might have been in the missing Oswald in MC photos. And I think it's likely that in 1967 no one had heard of Morales. You posted years ago on the station wagon and photos thereof.

Yeah I'll continue reading. But I would think, given that apparently I discovered something you had missed that pertained directly to your stated theory, that you would be a bit more interested. And I notice no one else participating despite the fact I'll bet plenty of readers suspect Morales as being the key operational figure.