The Education Forum

CYRIL WECHT CLEANS POSNER CLOCK ON ANDERSON COOPER 360!

attachicon.gifConnally_hat.jpg

This is supposed to be Connally's hat

Bjørn Gjerde

Hello Bjorn:

Actually there is no "supposed to be" about the image - it is Connally's hat. What you have posted is an enlargement from one of two images taken by a local Dallas newspaper reporter/photographer. [i want to indicate it was Jack Beers, but I do not have my file in front of me at the moment; I am sure that Gary Mack will correct me on this if wrong]. This same reporter noticed the hat on a coat rack/tree in the corridor/hallway outside of Jessie Curry's office. The images were taken at approximately 8:00 p.m. CST on the evening of November 22, 1963. Curry confirmed for this same reporter that it was indeed Connally's hat. I do have the entire images in a file somewhere and if I can find them later I will post them. In 2004 I exchanged correspondence with a former member of Connally's staff who indicated that the hat was returned to Connally after his return to Austin from PMH in December of 1963. It was also indicated to me that Connally had the hat cleaned and is holding it in his hand in the infamous LIFE image from the 1967 "Why Kennedy Went To Texas" issue, but I have been unable to confirm this as true. What the photograph does appear to indicate is that the hat has no visible damage to it - i.e. "bullet" holes, something that this same employee stated was his observation as he handled the hat. However, as your enlargement does show, the hat is speckled with blood; whether this is the blood of John Connally or is from the fatal impact to JFK's head is not known.

Gary Murr

Considering he never let go of his hat on the way to PMH, even while unconscious, and he was wounded severely in the chest and forearm which would be in close proximity, one would suppose, to the hat, there is a remarkably minute amount of blood on this hat.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering he never let go of his hat on the way to PMH, even while unconscious, and he was wounded severely in the chest and forearm which would be in close proximity, one would suppose, to the hat, there is a remarkably minute amount of blood on this hat.

could you provide an article or a quote as to how "we know" he had his stetson in his hand the whole way to Parkland?

I've never heard this before...

"Nellie: And he also, he has... he has... his hat in his hand. He always had that hat somewhere. He had the hat in his hand when I pulled him over and crouched him down and he was holding that hat up against him. He closed up that wound that would've killed him before we got to the hospital."

so..."up against him(self) " not " in his hand the whole way...

just making sure

and yeah...not too much blood on his hat at all.

Edited by Blair Dobson

Precisely. The chest wound bled copious amounts of blood, and I'm certain there would have been blood flowing from the wrist wound, as well. If he had the hat up against (I've been searching everywhere but can't find the quote by Nellie about him being a good son of Texas and never letting go of his hat) the hat should have been soaked in blood.

P.S. If JBC was unconscious for most of the trip to PMH, as he has claimed several times, how did he go about "closing up that wound that would've killed him"?

Not to be a pain, or even a Von Pein, but I just did an hour at the Lancer Conference showing how the location of the back wound sunk the SBT from the beginning.

The Warren Commission lied about it.

The doctors lied about it.

The HSCA FPP told the truth about it.

Which led the HSCA to hire a trajectory expert to lie about it.

Etchasketch2.jpg

And now we have programs on TV which don't even hide that they are lying about it, and rely upon the ignorance of the audience.

NOvaSBTlie.jpg

Look Pat, all you need to know is in these drawer-ings right here.

rydberg.gif

I'm sure the 4 year old that created these artworks and took the time to point out left and right didn't know:

KENNEDY WASN'T WEARING THAT MUCH LIPSTICK THAT DAY!!!

all jokes aside, it is my understanding that these abominations are on display in the GARY DUNKEL DRIVE THRU FUNERAL HOME WITH SIX FLOORS...

i think this one fits the WCR findings much better..

warren_report_drawerering.jpg

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

look at this one here..this is professionalism at it's best...

CE385.jpg

Rydberg even draws in some totally incorrect muscle anatomy....This looks like a bad advert for a steakhouse.

"Just because he was cut down in his prime, doesn't mean you can't have a prime cut...

Oswalds Steak and Salad Bonanza in lovely West Texas..."

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

look at this one here..this is professionalism at it's best...

CE385.jpg

Rydberg even draws in some totally incorrect muscle anatomy....This looks like a bad advert for a steakhouse.

"Just because he was cut down in his prime, doesn't mean you can't have a prime cut...

Oswalds Steak and Salad Bonanza in lovely West Texas..."

The really sad thing is that Rydberg and a goodly portion of the public seem to be unaware that the neck is not composed solely of flesh. Believe it or not, there are actually bones in the neck called "vertebrae" that have these lateral projections called "transverse processes". As the transverse processes of the lower cervical vertebrae and the top thoracic vertebra (T1) fit too tightly together to allow a bullet to pass between them, the Magic Bullet had no choice but to enter JFK at a location far to the right of the vertebrae, JUST to clear the transverse processes.

As the Magic Bullet also had to penetrate the right side of JFK's trachea (windpipe), I have calculated it had to travel at an angle of 26° right to left, from entrance to exit, as measured from a line drawn parallel to the long axis of the limo and centering through JFK's vertebrae, back to front. Allowing for a 5° turn to the right by JFK, this still leaves us with 21°. On such an angle, it would have been more likely to hit the driver Greer than JBC.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Robert Prudhomme said:

As the transverse processes of the lower cervical vertebrae and the top thoracic vertebra (T1) fit too tightly together to allow a bullet to pass between them, the Magic Bullet had no choice but to enter JFK at a location far to the right of the vertebrae, JUST to clear the transverse processes.

At last someone is discussing the problems of the SBT from an anatomical perspective. What you say, Robert, is absolutely right. But it is worse than even that. It is not just that there is no direct line from entrance to exit that does not compromise the vertebras.

A further problem is that when Charles Carrico attempted to assist with JFK's breathing he noticed a small wound in the trachea. This was confirmed by Malcolm Perry. Essentially this SBT required the bullet to exit through the trachea. That means, at some point the bullet had to enter the trachea – in order to exit through it.

In order to do that required the bullet to make two changes in trajectory angles [ one left and one right ] well above 60º.

James.

James

I have to admit that I am a little vague as to the exact locations of the wounds to the trachea. I had assumed, without investigating, that a bullet had made a single tear along the right side of the trachea, compromising its thickness, but it appears I am wrong.

Are you saying there was an actual entrance and exit wound to the trachea? I would be grateful if you would share all of the information you have on the wounding of JFK's trachea.

The really sad thing is that Rydberg and a goodly portion of the public seem to be unaware that the neck is not composed solely of flesh. Believe it or not, there are actually bones in the neck called "vertebrae" that have these lateral projections called "transverse processes". As the transverse processes of the lower cervical vertebrae and the top thoracic vertebra (T1) fit too tightly together to allow a bullet to pass between them, the Magic Bullet had no choice but to enter JFK at a location far to the right of the vertebrae, JUST to clear the transverse processes.

As the Magic Bullet also had to penetrate the right side of JFK's trachea (windpipe), I have calculated it had to travel at an angle of 26° right to left, from entrance to exit, as measured from a line drawn parallel to the long axis of the limo and centering through JFK's vertebrae, back to front. Allowing for a 5° turn to the right by JFK, this still leaves us with 21°. On such an angle, it would have been more likely to hit the driver Greer than JBC.

in regards to Greer and others in the car:

It's pretty amazing that no one else was hit.

It makes a good case for missed shots that the limo was redone and they didn't let anyone get close to it at parkland.

what I would have given to be there that day with a good camera and a telephoto lens....

Robert, what do you know about ar-15's and M-16's?

The reason I ask is that shooters from the front, if they miss, could hit background whereas shooters from the rear are mostly going to hit the car, SS men or open road.

My thinking is (not that the shooters may have even cared) that if they were using smaller ammo ( ar-15/m-16 ammo ) does this reduce the follow through of the bullet? are those shells more likely to stop and not go all the way through to say, hit a bystander or hit a SS guy in the front seat?

If the throat wound is an entry wound, I've always thought that the way it was described, it was small. those bullets are not much bigger than a 22 round are they not?

your thoughts are appreciated.

Robert,

The problem with the transeverse processes of the vertebrae was also dealt with in the testimony/examination of Dr. John Marshall Nicholls in the Clay Shaw trial by Garrison's people.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/garr/trial/pdf/Feb28.pdf

FBI agent Frazier admitted that they did not measure the right to left angle from the TSBD to JFK's stand-in in the limousine (pages 120-123 of transcript).

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/garr/trial/pdf/Feb21c.pdf

As for the tracheal wound, it was, as you suggested, a ragged tear (slit) in the tracheal wall on the right side. Dr. Perry then extended this tear before the insertion of the tracheotomy tube.

Testimony at Parkland:

Mr. SPECTER - Will you describe it in detail, the procedures which were followed in the efforts to save the President's life?
Dr. PERRY - All right. Well, to regress, then, at the time I began the tracheotomy, I made an incision right through the wound which was present in the neck in order to gain complete control of any injury in the underlying trachea. I made a transverse incision right through this wound and carried it down to the superficial fascia, to expose the strap muscles overlying the thyroid and the trachea. There was an injury to the right lateral aspect of the trachea at the level of the external wound. The trachea was deviated slightly to the left and it was necessary to divide the strap muscles on the left side in order to gain access to the trachea. At this point, I recall, Dr. Jones right on my left was placing a catheter into a vein in the-left arm because he handed me a necessary instrument which I needed in the performance of the procedure.
The wound in the trachea was then enlarged to admit a cuffed tracheotomy tube to support respiration. I noted that there was free air and blood in the superior right mediastinum.

Testimony before Commission:

Mr. SPECTER - Dr. Perry, you mentioned an injury to the trachea. Will you describe that as precisely as you can, please?
Dr. PERRY - Yes. Once the transverse incision through the skin and subcutaneous tissues was made, it was necessary to separate the strap muscles covering the anterior muscles of the windpipe and thyroid. At that point the trachea was noted to be deviated slightly to the left and I found it necessary to sever the exterior strap muscles on the other side to reach the trachea.
I noticed a small ragged laceration of the trachea on the anterior lateral right side. I could see the endotracheal tube which had been placed by Dr. Carrico in the wound, but there was evidence of air and blood around the tube because I noted the cuff was just above the injury to the trachea.
Mr. SPECTER - Will you now proceed to describe what efforts you made to save the President's life?

Dr. PERRY - ………………..At that point I was down in the trachea. Once the trachea had been exposed I took the knife and incised the windpipe at the point of the bullet injury. And asked that the endotracheal tube previously placed by Dr. Carrico be withdrawn slightly so I could insert a tracheotomy tube at this level.

Bjørn Gjerde