The Education Forum

Video: Interview with the doctor who treated Rose Cheramie

Chris. Thank You, Thank You. As one good turn deserves another below is a link to an expose Richard Cohen helped considerably which involved Secret Service Agent Marty Underwood's false accounts of fairly significant details, such as on the day of the Assassination of JFK. According to the revelations instead of being in Dallas when JFK was assassinated, he was asleep in a bed at the Rice Hotel, which, if you will remember, was the same neighborhood Jack Ruby was alleged to have been on November 19, 1963 as well as when Rose Cheramie was thereabouts with Lt. Francis Fruge investigating Luther J. LNU, a Puerto Rican.....

Here ya go.

http://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2008/12/underwood-hoax.html
http://cuban-exile.com/doc_451-475/doc0452.html

Edited by Robert Howard

(2) Gary Richard Schoener, Fair Play Magazine, A Legacy of Fear (May, 2000)

"On November 20, 1963 Rose Cherami (born Melba Christine Marcades) was thrown from a vehicle on highway 190 near Eunice, Louisiana. She was taken to the local hospital and then to jail, but moved to the East Louisiana State Hospital in Jackson when it appeared that she was having narcotic withdrawal. She told Dr. Victor J. Weiss Jr., a psychiatrist, that the President and other public officials were going to be killed on their visit to Dallas. After the President and Texas Governor John Connally were shot in Dallas on November 22, Dr. Weiss told at least one friend, Mr. A H. Magruder about the incident."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcheramie.htm

A recent historian believes that the Cheramie incident is not historically reliable - so everybody drive on, right past this lady's body. (Killed as a pedestrian on another highway, 1965. But just a coincidence.)

Edited by David Andrews

(2) Gary Richard Schoener, Fair Play Magazine, A Legacy of Fear (May, 2000)

"On November 20, 1963 Rose Cherami (born Melba Christine Marcades) was thrown from a vehicle on highway 190 near Eunice, Louisiana. She was taken to the local hospital and then to jail, but moved to the East Louisiana State Hospital in Jackson when it appeared that she was having narcotic withdrawal. She told Dr. Victor J. Weiss Jr., a psychiatrist, that the President and other public officials were going to be killed on their visit to Dallas. After the President and Texas Governor John Connally were shot in Dallas on November 22, Dr. Weiss told at least one friend, Mr. A H. Magruder about the incident."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcheramie.htm

A recent historian believes that the Cheramie incident is not historically reliable - so everybody drive on, right past this lady's body. (Killed as a pedestrian on another highway, 1965. But just a coincidence.)

which recent historian?

If you have SWHT 2010 edition check out Appendix G on this, some of the more interesting reports released are actually from the Fruge/DEA agent

effort to intercept the drug shipment in Houston. Although not directly connected to anything JFK related it certainly goes a long way to validating

Cheramie's overall remarks which she provided to law enforcement. It also gives names related to the people in Dallas holding her baby.

Well Dave, its the holiday season, perhaps we will all cut each other a bit of slack.

On the other hand I do have to duck every once in a while when I conclude not everything is directly connected to the

attack in Dallas. As a general remark on Rose, it is pretty obvious that there was a lot of rumor and gossip going around, especially

in Miami and Chicago that JFK was at risk in the fall of 1963 and that there were people stalking him and preparing plots against

him. Unfortunately by itself that doesn't much help us narrow down anything until you can trace back the gossip.

The one thing we can say at this point is that Rose's description of the drug deal she was on is very accurate and the DEA document makes

it clear that the whole thing was dropped in Houston only because the guy assigned to trail the sailor off the ship busted the

tail on him and blew the whole effort.

-- Larry

I definitely want to forewarn that the following is, in my estimation, not cause for undue optimism, but on the other hand it is a beginning of sorts, but as far as ponying up the dough, I won't be going that route, and I will point out unless the website below possess additional records for the passenger list of the SS Maturata,

it could easily be a dead end.

According to Larry's research, the name of the steamship "Luther J." LNU arrived in Galveston, 11/26/63 the website states the passenger list for the Maturata are the following periods.

Maturata was built in 1955, in 1969 Maturata was sold to Maldives Investments, London, and renamed Maldive Explorer. The ships weight 7,365
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListBrowseVoyages.action?departureYear=1958&browseType=1
Departure date Departure port Destination port Record Image
25 January 1958 Birkenhead Calcutta VIEW VIEW
13 June 1958 Birkenhead Calcutta VIEW VIEW
7 November 1958 London Seychelles VIEW VIEW

If the last date was, say, December 1963, I would get very excited, but there is a span

of some odd 5 years and one month of lag time. My experience with the website is that

this is not free information and some type of cost is involved. Let the buyer beware.

Edited by Robert Howard

Unfortunately not, they had a sales table for it at the Lancer conference and I kept passing by and thinking I should look at it but the conference

was pretty hectic for me since I do a lot of the speaker logistics in multiple rooms.

It seemed to be a pretty small book, more like booklet and I do wish I'd looked at it...nothing to report though. Larry

• 5 months later...