The Education Forum

Marquette U. Suspends John McAdams, Orders Him Off-Campus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Johnny Mac has gone too far, and lost his job.

While I respect people's right to contrary opinions, it appears that in this case some young tea party type tried to turn a philosophy class into a forum for his backward views on homosexuals, only to be shut down by a student teacher. And that McAdams then used this incident to push his own agenda without thinking.

Goodbye Marquette. Hello, Fox News?

It looks like Johnny Mac has gone too far, and lost his job.

While I respect people's right to contrary opinions, it appears that in this case some young tea party type tried to turn a philosophy class into a forum for his backward views on homosexuals, only to be shut down by a student teacher. And that McAdams then used this incident to push his own agenda without thinking.

Goodbye Marquette. Hello, Fox News?

I doubt that McAdams is cute enough. In addition, if they were to find out about his antics using the MU servers to attack JFK researchers on aaj and then boasting that no matter what complaints were made by them to the provosts of MU they would be ignored, they just might want to keep their distance.

McAdams has bragged that he can make sure no CT will find a *credible* publisher for their work, while he, meanwhile, wrote an extremely lame book on the JFK assassination.

It is also Ironic that he has made a career on aaj of trying to discredit any serious CT researchers and use the slanted field he created there to try to convince the newbies the CT's are 'lying'. It's his turn to sit in the hotseat and I, for one, am enjoying watching him roast.

There is another odd coincidence to me in this situation, as a relative of my musical nemesis (in the other area of my life) recently became a prof at MU. :-0

Edited by Pamela Brown

Just emailed this note to Karen Herzog of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who has been covering this story:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/education/marquette-says-it-hasnt-suspended-professor-john-mcadams-b99411727z1-286304231.html

"John McAdams hosts two newsgroups using MU servers -- alt.assassination.jfk and alt.conspiracy.jfk. He has used those groups, especially "aaj", which is "moderated", to attempt to discredit anyone who disagrees with him. (he is a WC defender). When researchers complained to the MU provosts, he ridiculed us, saying they would do nothing to stop him, which has seemed to be the case. He has also bragged that he has the clout to prevent those who do not agree with the Warren Commission Report from finding any 'credible' publisher for their work. "aaj" has been a hotbed of controversy since the late 90's, which he has seemed to run like the Mad Hatter's tea party...

I noticed that he is still posting on aaj, and am wondering if you know whether or not if he is barred from accessing those servers and 'moderating' aaj or not?

Thank you,

Pamela Brown"

Edited by Pamela Brown

Hi, Pam. You hit on the part of the story that is intriguing my friends; namely, what's going to happen to all the chicks in the McAdams Internet henhouses when the old hen roosts elsewhere? What other website would take them?

BM

Edited by Brad Milch

Hi, Pam. You hit on the part of the story that is intriguing my friends; namely, what's going to happen to all the chicks in the McAdams Internet henhouses when the old hen roosts elsewhere? What other website would take them?

BM

What? Don't you know that aaj is 'moderated'? :-0

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like it's all but over. As reported on Fox (no surprise) Marquette has announced they're in the process of firing McAdams.

http://fox6now.com/2015/02/04/in-letter-to-tenured-professor-john-mcadams-marquette-officials-say-theyve-begun-the-process-of-firing-him/

It looks like it's all but over. As reported on Fox (no surprise) Marquette has announced they're in the process of firing McAdams.

http://fox6now.com/2015/02/04/in-letter-to-tenured-professor-john-mcadams-marquette-officials-say-theyve-begun-the-process-of-firing-him/

I am surprised they haven't just "retired" McAdams. That's what happened to Fetzer at UMD. They must be pretty unhappy with him...odd coincidence that I complained to the U's. about each of them at one time...

Edited by Pamela Brown

Seems there is a God after all.

You may be right...:-)