The Education Forum

Who saw Baker enter the TSBD?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually hoping to continue the discussion here.

As Calvery said in her statement, she was watching the motorcade with Westbrook, Hicks and Reed. I think we should try to establish which person is actualy Calvery in al the photographic evidence.

As Calvery said in her statement, she was watching the motorcade with Westbrook, Hicks and Reed. I think we should try to establish which person is actualy Calvery in al the photographic evidence.

Robert,

Here's a slightly different view of the woman identified by Thierry Speth and Robin Unger as "Gloria Calvary" [sic]. Note that in this frame she's looking straight ahead instead of down.

"Gloria Calvary," Karan Hicks, and Carol Reed seem to be walking slowly back up Elm towards the TSBD in the photo. Clothing differences preclude the "Gloria Calvary" on the left from being the same woman seen running down the Elm Street Extension in Darnell / Couch while Baker is running towards the TSBD. If it's true (and I believe it is) that Lovelady and Shelley can be seen walking / running in Darnell / Couch 20 - 30 seconds after the fatal head shot, and if they encountered the "Gloria Calvary" [sic] pictured above, said encounter must have happened after Lovelady and Shelley walked / ran down the Elm Street Extension towards the railway yards. Or maybe just maybe Lovelady and Shelley in Darnell / Couch aren't walking / running towards the railway yards, but circuitously towards the "little island," instead?

[Darnell frame(?) Credit Todd Vaughn via Robin Unger]

normal_DARNELL80a.jpg

Do you think the light brown or blond-haired, glasses-wearing Gloria Jean Little (who married Robert L. Calvery in Texas a few months before the assassination, and whom Randy and I recently tracked down) is the same woman pictured above on the left and identified by Speth/Unger as "Gloria Calvary"? Personally, I do see a facial resemblance between the woman on the left, above, and the Gloria Jean Little in the 1958 and 1959 Grand Prairie High School yearbooks. Maybe she dyed her hair black or dark brown and stopped wearing glasses (early wearer of contact lenses?) for her new husband.

It took me a long time and it took a lot of steps on the Internet to figure out that the "Gloria Calvery" who signed the FBI statement on March 19, 1964, was married to a Robert L. Calvery, not a Robert R. Calvery.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1317#relPageId=668&tab=page

And that she was born Gloria Jean Little in 1942 and raised in Grand Prairie, Texas, by her mother, Ila Little. Etc, etc, etc. But I'm glad I did it because Randy Sorensen was able to find her in the Grand Prairie High School year books.

Gloria_Jean_Little_6.jpg

Gloria_Jean_Little_2.jpg

If necessary I will show you all of the steps, Robert.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Here's an interesting tidbit I just discovered. Bill Shelley was the best man at Gloria Calvery's wedding!

The girl in the tire ad with her above, Dana Herring, was also her bridesmaid. It's in her wedding announcement which I found online at My Heritage. I made up a findagrave page for her, connected up some of her ancestors to it and included a couple of the photos Thomas found, and the wedding clipping. I was going to attach it here but can't figure out how to do that.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=149407954

Here's an interesting tidbit I just discovered. Bill Shelley was the best man at Gloria Calvery's wedding!

The girl in the tire ad with her above, Dana Herring, was also her bridesmaid. It's in her wedding announcement which I found online at My Heritage. I made up a findagrave page for her, connected up some of her ancestors to it and included a couple of the photos Thomas found, and the wedding clipping. I was going to attach it here but can't figure out how to do that.

Nice work, Linda!

Sounds like Bill Shelley and Gloria's husband were friends...

PS Randy Sorensen found the photos.

PPS Now we need to start working on Ochus V. Campbell. I can't even figure out what his middle name was...

Edited by Thomas Graves

This is an interesting discovery. I think this just about confirms that Gloria Little was, indeed, Gloria Calvery.

No matter how many times I compare the photos, I just can't reconcile that Gloria Little is the woman seen in the Darnell still.

This is an interesting discovery. I think this just about confirms that Gloria Little was, indeed, Gloria Calvery.

No matter how many times I compare the photos, I just can't reconcile that Gloria Little is the woman seen in the Darnell still.

Robert,

"Just about"?

I showed the photos of Gloria Jean Little and Gloria Calvary [sic] to a waitress I know who has no interest in the assassination. She said that they could be the same girl / woman. She could have dyed her hair black and taken her glasses off or been wearing contacts. My waitress friend also pointed out that the photos of Calvary [sic] and Little are of different sides of her face and that her face could have gotten thinner during those four years...

Robert,

"Just about"?

I showed the photos of Gloria Jean Little and Gloria Calvary [sic] to a waitress I know who has no interest in the assassination. She said that they could be the same girl / woman. She could have dyed her hair black and taken her glasses off or been wearing contacts. My waitress friend also pointed out that the photos of Calvary [sic] and Little are of different sides of her face and that her face could have gotten thinner during those four years...

Well, that cinches it then. It passed the waitress test, so that must be Calvery in the Darnell still.

Robert,

"Just about"?

Well, that cinches it then. It passed the waitress test, so that must be Calvery in the Darnell still.

Why don't you ask a woman or two (without trying to influence them one way or another, Bob), and see what they say?

You're probably right, though. Mrs. Gloria J. Calvery probably wasn't the married name of Gloria Jean Little who grew up in Grand Prairie, Texas, and married Robert L. Calvery, and at at whose wedding "Bill Shelley of Dallas" was the best man.

PS You could always wait until the next major holiday to try calling her brother.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Nice work, Linda!

Sounds like Bill Shelley and Gloria's husband were friends...

PS Randy Sorensen found the photos.

PPS Now we need to start working on Ochus V. Campbell. I can't even figure out what his middle name was...

Thomas Graves, Thanks! :)

As for Ochus V. Campbell his middle name was Virgil. I do know he died in '97. I also tracked down his last address which was in a huge house out on a lake on the far east side of Dallas - so he was pretty well off. Last year i spent a good deal of time trying to track down a yearbook photo of him from Oklahoma, but no luck. However, a long while back, I did save a double picture - that is 2 photos side by side, cropped from the Wiegman and Martin films, that has a man labeled "Ochus V. Campbell?" in front of the TSBD post assassination. I can't even remember who posted it, i'm guessing maybe Denis Morrisette, but i could be wrong. He's older, white-haired and has black, horn-rimmed glasses. Anyway, I wanted to upload it here, but for the life of me i can't figure out how to do it. It's not a URL but a file. I've just spent 10 minutes clicking around. Really...this should be a simple process. :wacko: Can someone please leave me a message about how to upload images here, please?

In the meantime I went looking for him in the Unger Martin gallery and found the him in this anim gif. "Campbell" appears in the bottom rt hand corner eventually. The still in the "double photo" i mentioned is from this video: http://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?pid=5873&fullsize=1

Randy Sorensen! Ooops, sorry! I thought Thomas had posted those pix of Gloria. My bad! :P Good work finding them!

Btw...she has 2 living sons, Craig and Chistopher.

Robert Prudhomme: "No matter how many times I compare the photos, I just can't reconcile that Gloria Little is the woman seen in the Darnell still."

I've wondered about that myself. She did appear chubbier in her wedding pic from July '63. Who knows...maybe she lost weight to please her husband? Women's wt can fluctuate a lot sometimes, even in a short period, for such reasons.

Edited by Linda Giovanna Zambanini

Robert,

Here's a slightly different view of the woman identified by Thierry Speth and Robin Unger as "Gloria Calvary" [sic]. Note that in this frame she's looking straight ahead instead of down.

"Gloria Calvary," Karan Hicks, and Carol Reed seem to be walking slowly back up Elm towards the TSBD in the photo. Clothing differences preclude the "Gloria Calvary" on the left from being the same woman seen running down the Elm Street Extension in Darnell / Couch while Baker is running towards the TSBD. If it's true (and I believe it is) that Lovelady and Shelley can be seen walking / running in Darnell / Couch 20 - 30 seconds after the fatal head shot, and if they encountered the "Gloria Calvary" [sic] pictured above, said encounter must have happened after Lovelady and Shelley walked / ran down the Elm Street Extension towards the railway yards. Or maybe just maybe Lovelady and Shelley in Darnell / Couch aren't walking / running towards the railway yards, but circuitously towards the "little island," instead?

[Darnell frame(?) Credit Todd Vaughn via Robin Unger]

normal_DARNELL80a.jpg

Do you think the light brown or blond-haired, glasses-wearing Gloria Jean Little (who married Robert L. Calvery in Texas a few months before the assassination, and whom Randy and I recently tracked down) is the same woman pictured above on the left and identified by Speth/Unger as "Gloria Calvary"? Personally, I do see a facial resemblance between the woman on the left, above, and the Gloria Jean Little in the 1958 and 1959 Grand Prairie High School yearbooks. Maybe she dyed her hair black or dark brown and stopped wearing glasses (early wearer of contact lenses?) for her new husband.

It took me a long time and it took a lot of steps on the Internet to figure out that the "Gloria Calvery" who signed the FBI statement on March 19, 1964, was married to a Robert L. Calvery, not a Robert R. Calvery.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1317#relPageId=668&tab=page

And that she was born Gloria Jean Little in 1942 and raised in Grand Prairie, Texas, by her mother, Ila Little. Etc, etc, etc. But I'm glad I did it because Randy Sorensen was able to find her in the Grand Prairie High School year books.

Gloria_Jean_Little_6.jpg

Gloria_Jean_Little_2.jpg

If necessary I will show you all of the steps, Robert.

There's no doubt in my mind that the woman on the left is an African-American woman - unless Gloria Little Calvery was going thru a Rachel Donezal period? :P I don't see a resemblance at all. I have no idea why someone would label those photos of the AA woman as Calvery when she clearly said in her FBI statement she was Caucasian. In fact, i've wondered if possibly it could have been done intentionally to throw researchers off? After all, she had to have gone right by Prayer Man - and then there's that account Sean Murphy posted on the EDF that he saw a post from her alleged neighbor stating she told him/her that she was always perplexed at how he could be the shooter when she saw him so soon after the assassination.

Edited by Linda Giovanna Zambanini