The Education Forum

Altgens Photo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory about the mysterious "Doorway Man" in the Altgens photograph is that he is one of their Oswald impostors. They had him stand right in the doorway of the book depository so people would think they were seeing Oswald standing there at the time when the assassination was going down.

For all we know, they might have had another one of their Oswald impostors in the 1st floor lunch room as well.

This way people would think they were seeing Oswald so they wouldn't suspect Oswald of being up at the 6th floor window trying to kill JFK.

In other words, they used their Oswald look-a-likes to serve as decoys.

It is not just a co-incidence that this man was standing in the doorway who looked enough like Oswald to pass for him. However, I don't believe it was the real Oswald.

My theory about the mysterious "Doorway Man" in the Altgens photograph is that he is one of their Oswald impostors. They had him stand right in the doorway of the book depository so people would think they were seeing Oswald standing there at the time when the assassination was going down.

For all we know, they might have had another one of their Oswald impostors in the 1st floor lunch room as well.

This way people would think they were seeing Oswald so they wouldn't suspect Oswald of being up at the 6th floor window trying to kill JFK.

It is not just a co-incidence that this man was standing in the doorway who looked enough like Oswald to pass for him. However, I don't believe it was the real Oswald.

Hi Robin

Just to clarify ‘’Doorway Man” or “Door Man” is the name given by the research community to Billy Lovelady in the Altgens 6 photo. The name given by the research community to the figure behind Lovelady in Weigman is Prayer Man.

Unless, of course, that is you are actually contending that Doorman (Lovelady) is also an Oswald imposter. In which case, that would make two Oswald imposters standing next to each other on the TSBD steps.

That would appear to be overcompensation and not really the most strategic use of Oswald imposters by the plotters that day.

But perhaps I'm confused.

Professor Jim Fetzer has a passion for this idea that Mr. Altgens camera was confiscated. He is die hard behind the idea that they put Billy Lovelady's head on Oswalds body...super-imposed it, that is.. I don't see how they could have done this in the time they would had.

Mr. Altgens sent that photo off to Newspapers and magazines via a photofax machine. They had it within a half an hour after it was taken. So I can't see where they could have altered the photograph.

You are quite right Robin, There was not enough time to fake up the film.

The problem for Prof. Fetzer is one the dogs most in academia. He has his head buried in books and figures and formulas all day and forgets how to just set down a spell, relax, empty the mind and see what enters those hallowed halls between the ears.

I tried it with the Altgens conundrum to see what I could come up with.. now bear with me here,,,, the answer is... LATEX!

It was Lovelady on the steps wearing a latex mask - taken - not from the real LHO - well, how could they (until he died!)? but from one of the Oswald doubles!

Professor Jim Fetzer has a passion for this idea that Mr. Altgens camera was confiscated. He is die hard behind the idea that they put Billy Lovelady's head on Oswalds body...super-imposed it, that is.. I don't see how they could have done this in the time they would had.

Mr. Altgens sent that photo off to Newspapers and magazines via a photofax machine. They had it within a half an hour after it was taken. So I can't see where they could have altered the photograph.

The problem for Prof. Fetzer is one the dogs most in academia. He has his head buried in books and figures and formulas all day and forgets how to just set down a spell, relax, empty the mind and see what enters those hallowed halls between the ears.

I tried it with the Altgens conundrum to see what I could come up with.. now bear with me here,,,, the answer is... LATEX!

It was Lovelady on the steps wearing a latex mask - taken - not from the real LHO - well, how could they (until he died!)? but from one of the Oswald doubles!

I have to say Greg, I don't know where you come up with these ground breaking ideas from. Astonishing. Where did you pull this one from?

Credit Gerda Dunckel

Hughes GIF looped

showing Lovelady moving out from the shadow and shielding his eyes from the sun, as the limo approaches the doorway entrance.

HUghes%2Bgif%2Bshows%2BLovelady%2Bmoveme

Thanks Robin. I have to say I can see a shadowy head behind Lovelady and someone standing to the left of that shadowy figure. Do you see anything or do I need glasses?

Hi Robin

Just to clarify ‘’Doorway Man” or “Door Man” is the name given by the research community to Billy Lovelady in the Altgens 6 photo. The name given by the research community to the figure behind Lovelady in Weigman is Prayer Man.

Unless, of course, that is you are actually contending that Doorman (Lovelady) is also an Oswald imposter. In which case, that would make two Oswald imposters standing next to each other on the TSBD steps.

That would appear to be overcompensation and not really the most strategic use of Oswald imposters by the plotters that day.

But perhaps I'm confused.

I took it that Robin was referring to the latex-wearing Lovelady.

They didn't do a very good job with that Latex mask

It still looks like Lovelady.

Collage%2B220.jpg

Now we are entering into the alteration debate. Once it was decided to sacrifice Oswald, it was necessary to retouch Lovelady in Altgens to mask the mask (so to speak).

I have to say Greg, I don't know where you come up with these ground breaking ideas from. Astonishing. Where did you pull this one from?

Like I say, you have to empty out your mind first. It was a something I leaned in the Public Service.

Credit Gerda Dunckel

Hughes GIF looped

showing Lovelady moving out from the shadow and shielding his eyes from the sun, as the limo approaches the doorway entrance.

Thanks Robin. I have to say I can see a shadowy head behind Lovelady and someone standing to the left of that shadowy figure. Do you see anything or do I need glasses?

Looks to me like Lovelady is right over to the left (from our POV) of the TSBD entrance, not in the middle? I guess he'd moved over to try to track the limo as it moved down Elm...strange if he has to step back and shield his eyes from the sun at this point but isn't in Altgens...

16832.jpg

Is it just me, or does Lovelady seem to be moving around a lot? First, he is on the west side of the steps, against the wall, and then he appears to be in the middle of the steps. I'm assuming, of course, that the "F" is pointing to Lovelady.

He obviously moved a few feet to his left in order to get a better view of the departing President.

I agree Mark

Photo Credit: Jim Pomerville

Modern day photo looking from the top step area of the TSBD

from this position you can't see down Elm St

steps2.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger