The Education Forum

headwounds and ballistics - a back-to-basics question or two

Glenn, personally I think Doug has raised some real issues about the handling of the film and I know he is sincere. However, if you step back and take another look at the games that were being played during the visits to NPIC, another option surfaces. Its very possible that the first in depth blow up studies of the frames from the films revealed suggestions of multiple shooters. Yet those views and that analysis was not being done at NPIC...indeed nobody called the analytical resources at NPIC into the inquiry...they just went to them for high quality blow ups and reproductions of select frames. Now why wouldn't you let the best analysts in the country do the actual analysis....there is an answer for that and it appears to have been in the first showing of the selected frames to key individuals at the NSC levels. A showing which very likely suggested conspiracy at a point in time when the move to suppress just that line of inquiry was well underway already. That would mean that the first NPIC blow ups become an issue, a second trip and more blow ups are necessary and that set goes into the official record not the first set ...which results in some later day panic when its realized the first set might still be around.

Its a longer story than that but there is a case for some real problems from early work with the film, irrespective of any major alterations... Larry

It seems to me the whole NPIC story which Doug captured is extremely important because it dovetails so well with what else was going on during the first 72 hours. Actually I massively rewrote Chapter 15 of the 2010 edition of SWHT just to work in that information. Two trips to NPIC, the way they were handled, is extremely suggestive; especially the effort to conceal the second trip from the staff that handled the first visit. And all of that is going on at the same time Johnson calls Luce and LIFE just happens to reverse to of the frames that are printed. There is a big story going on behind the scenes and its called damage control.

Larry - "another option" ... ? as opposed to what initial option?

I think you're right, that what Doug did was raise some real issues. I haven't come to any solid conclusions on the extent of alteration, even if ANY has been done, or WHO might have done so (SS, CIA, Army Intel...), or WHEN or WHERE or WHY, even - I take his revelations at face value, that some games were played (a euphemism for "some lies were told"). The fact that these lies were told, the fact that the SS and the CIA took an interest in this film to the extent that they had to lie to everyone before AND after the two events, provides great evidence that a conspiracy occurred and that some elements of the government are involved. If my logic doesn't fail me in this regard, then the next step is no leap - that SOME level of alteration was performed, and that's all i need to know.

Jonathan - right - it shouldn't matter in what way "so many believe" the film might have been altered - just that it was (if it was) is all that matters.

I think Mr Horne has shown well enough that something surreptitious occurred. That's the uptake i'm concerned with.

It seems to me the whole NPIC story which Doug captured is extremely important because it dovetails so well with what else was going on during the first 72 hours. Actually I massively rewrote Chapter 15 of the 2010 edition of SWHT just to work in that information. Two trips to NPIC, the way they were handled, is extremely suggestive; especially the effort to conceal the second trip from the staff that handled the first visit. And all of that is going on at the same time Johnson calls Luce and LIFE just happens to reverse to of the frames that are printed. There is a big story going on behind the scenes and its called damage control.

bingo - and all this coupled with LIFE's story about some frames being 'damaged', and LIFE's CEO once being in intelligence (do i remember that correctly?).

Larry, please forgive me, i'm knew in here - "SWHT"?

I'm starting to realize there are some real "rock stars" in here - Doug Caddy and R Stone ;) - r u one too?

Edited by Glenn Nall

Glen, my reference to another option was as compared to Doug's separate writing on a major alteration of the film. I don't think the events at NPIC necessarily related to a major film alteration but I do think they are extremely suspicious. As for myself, whether or not some frames might have been altered, removed, etc. I'm open to that but skeptical of a massive rework comparable to creating virtually a new film.

yes, i think you and i agree on this pretense - when Brugioni described the discrepancy of 313 he just described the blood and matter cloud being different (white?). he didn't go into so many drastic differences, just this comparatively minor one (and probably others). This certainly suggests small alterations, not a complete rework. But there were clearly differences - i don't think there's any way around SOME changes having been made.

Glenn, Larry Hancock is the author of the book, Someone Would Have Talked...referred to in shorthand as SWHT.

I have the 2010 edition.

Glen, no rock star here....serious lack of both roadies and groupies...grin. I have however been into this case for what seems a very long time and have worked with a goodly number of great researchers over the years. Actually Someone Have Talked was my second book; the first, November Patriots, was a docufiction written with a Dallas reporter who helped cover the assassination. Someone Would Have Talked went through three editions over the years, growing to its largest version in 2010 and followed by NEXUS, a study of CIA assassination practices and a scenario relating them to Dallas. I've published three books beyond that, Shadow Warfare is a 70 year history of clandestine and covert warfare and includes a study of the careers of a number of Agency, exile and paramilitary people often mentioned in JFK discussions.

I've moved off to broader history work these days, my upcoming book, Surprise Attack is a study of warnings intelligence, national command authority and command and control from Pearl Harbor and the Philippines through 9/11 and up to contemporary events. Admittedly I've forgotten a lot of the detail from my early years of research on JFK so normally I only post here in regard to certain individuals who I have studied - or worked with - in some depth.

There are a lot of problems with Horne's book, and theories, IMO, which I discuss throughout my website. Chief among these are his skewed interpretation of Tom Robinson's statements, and his presentation of Joe O'Donnell as a credible witness. While I devote much of my website to arguments against the government's conclusions regarding the assassination, I have several chapters in which I argue against what I believe are misguided interpretations of the evidence by my fellow conspiracy theorists. Chapter 18c, in which I discuss the research community's theories on the head wounds, is one such chapter.