The Education Forum

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you call reliable?

A source who has furnished verifiable info in the past. A source who has never furnished clap-trap. I ask because there's some wrong Banister info circulating out there.

I would say he's reliable, how he got it, I don't know, we were going over lots of documents. I was listening to his stories. Most folks wouldn't believe me if I told them who I've sat down with, broke bread, and talked too for hours. He personally knew McCcord, worked with him in Watergate. I never seen any document that I can remember on Banister, this is a first for me.

I am kind of surprised that no one has mentioned what I consider to be really important information, some of it original, in the book that I specifically detailed in the review.

Let me name just a few:

1. The bombshell interview of DeGaulle after he returned form JFK's funeral and said that Kennedy's death was clearly a conspiracy between his security forces and the military; that Oswald was simply a cover story and was supposed to be disposed of, but Jack Ruby became the clean up guy. This is within days of the murder.

2. Kennedy telling the French ambassador that he does not have control over the CIA, but he will do what he can to back DeGaulle during the OAS revolt. He later revealed he did not believe Dulles' denials of non involvement, This was clearly one of the reasons JFK fired him.

3. Dulles actually lobbied his way onto the Warren Commission. This is striking, since as far as I can tell, no one else did that. Some of these guys had to have their faces slapped to agree to serve on this thing: like Russell and Warren. Why would Dulles do such a thing?

4. Well, maybe because his agenda from the beginning was to cover up absolutely everything about the case and turn it into (lying) biographies of Oswald and Ruby? Which he did, more than any other Commissioner.

5. That Bill Harvey was on a plane to Dallas in November from Italy. Which means that the following people were in Dallas either on the day of the assassination or in the weeks leading up to it:

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

Hmm. Maybe they were all Cowboys fans? I doubt it.

6. But this attraction might explain why Dulles was at the Farm from Friday to Sunday night though, eh? Perhaps coordinating the "plumbing" put in by his former subordinates who admired him like an idol. Some retirement eh? Should not Clover and he have been at their home in Georgetown, watching the TV spectacle. After all he was retired.

7. What other Warren Commissioner had an agent inside the Garrison camp?

8. What other Warren Commissioner flew to Missouri to get Truman to retract his editorial about the CIA being out of control and doing things he never dreamed they should do. An article Harry Truman started about 9-10 days after Kennedy's murder. (And by the way, Talbot did not include the best part of this exchange between Harry and Dulles--the part that was the most incriminating of his own guilt in my view.)

Anyway, it is a really good book. Everyone should read it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I am kind of surprised that no one has mentioned what I consider to be really important information, some of it original, in the book that I specifically detailed in the review.

Let me name just a few:

1. The bombshell interview of DeGaulle after he returned form JFK's funeral and said that Kennedy's death was clearly a conspiracy between his security forces and the military; that Oswald was simply a cover story and was supposed to be disposed of, but Jack Ruby became the clean up guy. This is within days of the murder.

2. Kennedy telling the French ambassador that he does not have control over the CIA, but he will do what he can to back DeGaulle during the OAS revolt. He later revealed he did not believe Dulles' denials of non involvement, This was clearly one of the reasons JFK fired him.

3. Dulles actually lobbied his way onto the Warren Commission. This is striking, since as far as I can tell, no one else did that. Some of these guys had to have their faces slapped to agree to serve on this thing: like Russell and Warren. Why would Dulles do such a thing?

4. Well, maybe because his agenda from the beginning was to cover up absolutely everything about the case and turn it into (lying) biographies of Oswald and Ruby? Which he did, more than any other Commissioner.

5. That Bill Harvey was on a plane to Dallas in November from Italy. Which means that the following people were in Dallas either on the day of the assassination or in the weeks leading up to it: Allen Dulles

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

6. But this attraction might explain why Dulles was at the Farm from Friday to Sunday night though, eh? Perhaps coordinating the "plumbing" put in by his former subordinates who admired him like an idol. Some retirement eh? Should not Clover and he have been at their home in Georgetown, watching the TV spectacle. After all he was retired.

7. What other Warren Commissioner had an agent inside the Garrison camp?

8. What other Warren Commissioner flew to Missouri to get Truman to retract his editorial about the CIA being out of control and doing things he never dreamed they should do. An article Harry Truman started about 9-10 days after Kennedy's murder. (And by the way, Talbot did not include the best part of this exchange between Harry and Dulles--the part that was the most incriminating of his own guilt in my view.)

Anyway, it is a really good book. Everyone should read it.

I've not read the interview, it must be quite fascinating. I plan on it as my father was trained under DeGaulle, well, his Legion, it was DeGaulle who was in-charge during Algerian war 1957-58 in Africa. My father is seen receiving metals from DeGaulle. My father had something like 37 or 38 confirmed kills, he was a sniper for the Legion. I do have a photo of my father with the general, and because we sold our house in San Antonio, and I helped my mother move back to Florida she has all these photos packed away, I sure wished I had made a copy of that photo before giving it back to her when I first saw it sometime ago. Trying to get my mother to look for something again for me, is like pulling teeth.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

As for Hunt, that has already been established, there's no doubt about that, even Nino Diaz calls Hunt a pendajo for my father having his photo, Hunt was in Dallas, Phillips was talking to Oswald, so, he couldn't be in Mexico, established by Veciana. I have him on tape telling me this, and is the reason he believes he was shot when he first came out with this information.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Let me name just a few:

[...]

5. That Bill Harvey was on a plane to Dallas in November from Italy. Which means that the following people were in Dallas either on the day of the assassination or in the weeks leading up to it: Allen Dulles

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

[...]

Dear Jim,

What's the logic here?

Yes, I know their CIA backgrounds.

Why do you say they all must have been in Dallas because Harvey was in Dallas?

ZR/Rifle - Staff D business?

General anti-Castro business?

Because we all know they planned the JFK assassination, so they must have all been together in Dallas when Harvey flew in from Italy?

Please explain.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Let me name just a few:

[...]

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

[...]

[...]

Because we all know they planned the JFK assassination, so they must have all been together in Dallas when Harvey flew in from Italy?

[...]

sorry, I don't read it quite that way, because Harvey flew in from Italy...

What did those heavyweights find so interesting in Dallas in the weeks leading up to the assassination?

Let me name just a few:

[...]

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

[...]

[...]

[...]

What did those heavyweights find so interesting in Dallas in the weeks leading up to the assassination?

Let me rephrase my question --

"How do we know they were in Dallas?"

I also noticed you have Truman, president Truman's Secretary of Defense was Louis Johnson, Johnson's close friend and general was General Paul Griffith, Griffith owned a ranch in South Florida where my father would train these anti-Castro's. Griffith also advised President Eisenhower during the cold war and got involved in Cuban matters. Many of the Cubans trained under my father witnessed my father carrying a military type phone card and made calls to the pentagon. Griffith briefly worked out of the pentagon, his son I believed died in 2008 in Acres Florida, Lee County Florida.

Kinda ironic eh?

Let me name just a few:

[...]

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

[...]

[...]

[...]

What did they find? Nothing, absolutely nothing. What did they have? Front row seats.

Let me name just a few:

[...]

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

[...]

[...]

[...]

What did they find? Nothing, absolutely nothing. What did they have? Front row seats.

Where is the logic in Jim DiEugenio's statement?:

"[...] Bill Harvey was on a plane to Dallas in November from Italy. Which means that the following people were in Dallas either on the day of the assassination or in the weeks leading up to it: Allen Dulles

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey."

I'm not saying that it didn't happen. It very well may have. I just don't understand how DiEugenio could automatically arrive at this conclusion.

It seems that Jimbo doesn't know how to use the words }possibly." or "probably" or the phrase "may have."

Edited by Thomas Graves

Wait a minute.

I said that Talbot reveals that Harvey was on a plane to Dallas form Italy in November. We have that from his first assistant, Mr. Wyatt.

Which now makes four upper level CIA officers in Dallas either on the day of the assassination, or in the weeks leading up to it.

Now, in my review, I gave source notes for each and every one of them being there. Talbot gives notes for Dulles and Harvey.

I find it hard to believe this information has not been circulated here. Its kind of old hat.

Let me name just a few:

[...]

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey.

[...]

[...]

[...]

Where is the logic in Jim DiEugenio's statement?:

"[...] Bill Harvey was on a plane to Dallas in November from Italy. Which means that the following people were in Dallas either on the day of the assassination or in the weeks leading up to it: Allen Dulles

Allen Dulles

David Phillips

Howard Hunt

Bill Harvey."

I'm not saying that it didn't happen. It very well may have. I just don't understand how DiEugenio could automatically arrive at this conclusion.

It seems that Jimbo doesn't know how to use the words }possibly." or "probably" or the phrase "may have."

Well, FWIW.... I have no doubt Hunt was there.