The Education Forum

Allen Dulles and his secret behind Kennedy's assassintion

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way Tom, speaking of Mary Bancroft, one nice thing about being a semi-regular on BOR is we get letters from enthusiastic people who like listening.

In response to my discussion of Talbot's book, a listener wrote in and said how much he enjoyed the discussion.

He then added that he knew Mary Bancroft. He once asked her if she thought Dulles was in on the Kennedy assassination. She replied that it would not surprise her in the least. They were all a bunch of Nazis anyway.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Who took part in the plot to kill JFK?

Angleton

Dulles

Phillips

Walker

Giancana

Marcello

Trafficante

Morales

Sturgis

E.H. Hunt

H.L. Hunt

D. Byrd

Murchison

Hoffa

Nixon

LBJ

Mac Wallace

Lee Oswald

Jack Ruby

Pinky Westbrook

McGeorge Bundy

Curtis Lemay

Who have I missed besides James Files, Charles Harrelson, J. Edgar Hoover, and James Rowley?

Angleton

Dulles

Phillips

Walker

Giancana

Marcello

Trafficante

Morales

Sturgis

E.H. Hunt

H.L. Hunt

D. Byrd

Murchison

Hoffa

Nixon

LBJ

Mac Wallace

Lee Oswald

Jack Ruby

Pinky Westbrook

McGeorge Bundy

Curtis Lemay

Pinky Westbrook.

BTW who was he?

Wasn't Lemay supposed to be the general watching the autopsy, smoking a big, fat cigar? Sounds like him. My father was career man in the Air Force during this time, and told me a story about meeting Lemay once. Sounded like a great guy(sarcasm).

Edited by Roger DeLaria

Roger,

You make a salient point.

JFK, arguably, had many enemies for many reasons.

It's commonplace to place blame for his murder on one or more of these enemies.

I prefer to reverse-engineer the assassination. And ask, initially, how a potential assassin would have viewed JFK given JFK's many enemies.

I believe a potential assassin would have perceived that [a] JFK was vulnerable, and his murder could be blamed, in the popular mind, on many. The potential assassin would perceive cover.

What confounds a critical examination of the assassination is the difficulty in separating the post-assassination cover-up from the pre-assassination efforts to frame Oswald.

Angleton

Dulles

Phillips

Walker

Giancana

Marcello

Trafficante

Morales

Sturgis

E.H. Hunt

H.L. Hunt

D. Byrd

Murchison

Hoffa

Nixon

LBJ

Mac Wallace

Lee Oswald

Jack Ruby

Pinky Westbrook

McGeorge Bundy

Curtis Lemay

Who have I missed besides James Files, Charles Harrelson, J. Edgar Hoover, and James Rowley?

If we now add in the 187 shooters Gordon Winslow told me they've counted so far at a meeting at the SFRG, is there any chance of Kennedy getting out of Delay Plaza alive? Now, add in all the manson's Jim Phelps wants to throw in the mix, hell, Dallas it is!

Thanks Tom.

My pleasure, Jim.

I was already reading "The Devil's Chessboard" when you put up your EXCELLENT review. Based on that, I am AMAZED at how few have actually read this book, or have decided that since there's "No Smoking Gun" to prove Dulles did it, they have no desire to read it.

Here is the picture I was talking about above, JFK getting the news of Lumumba's death which Dulles orchestrated.

http://www.orwelltoday.com/jfkcongophone.jpg

He knew at once that all his plans for the people of The Congo were gone. Had he been alive when Bobby was assassinated, that's the look I would have expected to see on his face.

Tom

By the way Tom, speaking of Mary Bancroft, one nice thing about being a semi-regular on BOR is we get letters from enthusiastic people who like listening.

In response to my discussion of Talbot's book, a listener wrote in and said how much he enjoyed the discussion.

He then added that he knew Mary Bancroft. He once asked her if she thought Dulles was in on the Kennedy assassination. She replied that it would not surprise her in the least. They were all a bunch of Nazis anyway.

Thanks for sharing that, Jim. She positively NAILED IT with that "Nazi" comment. For those who haven't read the book, "Mistress" Mary and Clover Dulles referred to him as "Shark." As Bobby Darin sang: "When the SHARK bites..."

Tom

Thanks for sharing that, Jim. She positively NAILED IT with that "Nazi" comment. For those who haven't read the book, "Mistress" Mary and Clover Dulles referred to him as "Shark." As Bobby Darin sang: "When the SHARK bites..."

Tom

"When the SHARK bites"

Sounds like something right out of a movie.

Tom Neal,

FWIW, I've read a fair number of books and have found only a few worth reading.

The histories: very few. Shelby Foote's history of the U.S. Civil War. DSL's "Best Evidence". Maybe Best Evidence isn't 100% correct, but it's a knife point.

The enduring best books I've read include Tristam Shandy, by Laurence Sterne: I can't go on. Too many novels.

Hemmingway said good writing was invention that was truth

The enduring best books I've read include Tristam Shandy, by Laurence Sterne: I can't go on. Too many novels.

Try "The Power and the Glory" by Graham Greene (if you haven't already).

Scott:

Your points are insightful. I am willing to separate the planning from the cover-up, as distinct players and impetus go. Dulles had few strong years left by 1961... but he was not a man to worry about losing his CIA job. I do think a legitimate case can be made that he was a psychopath. His contemporaries in government (e.g. Justice Goldberg) labelled him a traitor, and it was clear he was protecting United Fruit and rich interests abroad. His wife and his mistress both nicknamed him the "shark". To say he was a friend of Kennedy would be a stretch ... and I'm sure that Dulles was a guy who kept a few friends close, and his enemies even closer.

It seemed JFK tried to give him a "soft landing" after he stepped down, and he was awarded the highest intelligence honors. But if you look at the work of Bill Kelly, Greg Parker and others, you'll se a distinct strategic pattern in the assassinations of Jorge Gaitán in 1948 in Columbia, the 1944 Valkyrie Plot, and the August 1962 attempt on Charles de Gaulle.

The intelligence names commonly associated with the JFK hit are all Dulles' acolytes. It was obvious that he was instrumental in the cover-up ... but his hand and modus operandi are all over the planning and execution as well. For me, its a strong gut feeling (sixth sense) that doesn't go away, no matter what I read or learn.

Gene

I gather from this "shark" business that Dulles' wife and mistress liked to sit around and talk about him. (Unless both of them calling him "shark" was just another dadgum coincidence.) I've got to hurry up and read that book.