The Education Forum

Why CBS Covered up the JFK Case (pt1)

Boy, that is a real catch Pat.

Good ole Danny must be getting Alzheimer's.

First he says CBS tried to prove Oswald was not the assassin? Danny, we have the memos now. We know what Salant did.

Second, a LIncoln Continental? Where was that in the 1967 or 1975 special?

Either Danny is senile, or CBS cut something out.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask a question:

Is there not a dedicated thread to the subject of gunshot residue testing?

Was that not created after I complained that this thread is not about that subject?

So why not continue that discussion over there?

Can I ask a question:

Is there not a dedicated thread to the subject of gunshot residue testing?

Was that not created after I complained that this thread is not about that subject?

So why not continue that discussion over there?

Sorry Jim.

I put that post aside to respond to when I returned home today. I answered it today thinking it WAS on the GSR post...my VERY bad.

The Questioning post and the Answer post have been removed, and again my sincerest apologies for my carelessness.

Tom

Edited by Tom Neal

Thanks Tom.

Getting back to Rather, I mean how can you screw up like that, twice.

Its just kind of shocking. Did CBS really try the actual limousine simulation?

Because I have never read anything about that. And evidently Roger Feinman could not get anything about that from CBS.

Jim:

This news media thread has been excellent. I had never known the details of the coverage, and the story behind the stories (so to speak). While its no surprise to an experienced reader/researcher that certain reporters and news organizations were influenced (nice word) or controlled (darker view), it's still disheartening to peek behind the curtain. Every aspect of the "operation" was tightly managed, from shooters to logistics, police to witnesses, autopsy and news coverage... no wonder this is a hard nut to crack.

The fine piece about CBS and the inside information of Roger Feinman allows the bigger picture to come into focus. For example, we now see more clearly McCloy's influence; he is no longer just a suspect in the plot... for me, it seals the deal. Time-Life and the Z Film ... in a word, unacceptable. I don't know how best to put this, but this news coverage angle of the JFK story is so illuminating; it provides a unique and valuable perspective on the higher level sponsors. One that is not possible by simply studying the evidence or crime details (which is what we typically focus upon) or sorting through eyewitness accounts and individual "confessions".

You can now step back and clearly see where the point-counterpoints occur. Its akin to being able to follow the money trail. Lane's book, autopsy questions, Garrison's investigation, Church Committee, HSCA, Stone's JFK ... each and every time a serious challenge is mounted, CBS responds with a cooked "special". The trend and pattern is unmistakable. In today's world, libraries, newspapers and television - where our generation found its information - have become dinosaurs. In retrospect, its an outdated and imprecise way to learn the truth. The CBS story really opens up a fuller picture.

Gene

That is why I liked Roger's original AV essay on this subject so much Gene.

Because it cut through all the little excuses as to how this subject was trivialized and ostracized by the MSM.

By going to Roger's documents, we finally saw the Big Picture. And it was just as bad as many of us always feared.

The top points in the media power structure cross over to the national power structure. In this case John McCloy, chair of the CFR and former WC was allowed to input into our alleged "free and independent media". LOL :)

And they all buckled under an assortment of carrots and sticks. They then shoved both Oswald and JFK under the bus. And never uttered a peep about the perfidy.

That is how America works. Over time, I have become slowly convinced that, institutionally, this country simply cannot face the truth about these kinds of issues.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I know that I'm repeating, but this unique (truthful) look at the media coverage is an independent way to examine the JFK case. It's an approach that exposes the "pinch points" and weak spots in the official story. The overt CBS efforts to counter these critical areas serve to highlight where the fundamental flaws - the ones most informed critics already know - truly are. Its like an independent validation of the things we have always doubted, but struggle to prove conclusively.

Its also a once-in-a lifetime glimpse of the higher level sponsors and architects who pulled the strings. They concealed those connections more carefully with the ground-level dirty work and evidence in the crime... but not so well in the media manipulation. I hate to put it this way, as it represents a sad commentary, but its actually refreshing to know these facts (and names).

I was reading an old thread about "disinformation" from 2005, and a quote by the late Tim Carroll. He made a similar analogy (to the media angle) regarding the usefulness of analyzing this particular set of facts:

Ironically, disinformation may be one of the last potentially fruitful areas of investigation. As with Watergate, it's the cover-up that provides evidence to perpetrators. The provision of false autopsy photos, if proven and traced, is an example of such deliberate misinformation.

• 2 months later...

I have a question for Jim D. or anybody else. Following links, I located the following PDF file about the CBS coverup. That material is terrific!

https://goo.gl/YUfpmb

It contains a script for a TV program (?) and/or web presentation(?). Question: Is the target material available anywhere? IOW: Was that script ever brought to the big/small/web screen?

The reason I ask is because it would serve my purposes quite well. Something along the chronological lines of:

(1) CBS Program: Data was kept secret. Manipulated, with the purpose to obtain pre-ordained results.

(2) ABC News. Implemented by Dale Myers. Data files and measurements: secret

(3) PBS Nova: Implemented by Luke and Michael Haag. Data files and measurements: secret.

(4) Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza. In progress. All measurements and data files are publicly available. The objective is to donate the work to some of our top universities.

http://www.dealey-plaza.org/

Furthermore, if we make enough noise (challenging PBS, with on-line petitions, demanding the data files to be released, etc.) I'd like to believe that the Nova program would be the last in that category, ever.

TIA,

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

That link does not work for me. But I think you are referring to Roger's script for the AV presentation he made originally.

Yes, that was an AV presentation which Roger let us put up at CTKA for a few months. With the actual documents shown.

He then inexplicably asked me to take it down. Because he wanted to revise it and add a Part 2, based on the Peter Jennings 2003 special.

BTW, Pat Speer screen captured some of the actual documents while it was up.

What happened though is that Roger passed away as he was working on it. And to this date, no one has recovered his computer files on the subject.

So after I waited for a number of years, I decided to just adapt his script into an essay.

But yes, you are correct, all three of those specials were essentially rigged with false data.

So your idea about an accurate 3D model would be valuable.

That link does not work for me. But I think you are referring to Roger's script for the AV presentation he made originally.

Damn. Something changed in the way Google Drives work. How about this longer one?

https://goo.gl/jTy69B

Next, click in "Support Files | Videos"

You should find a file named "Feinman PBS Coverup.pdf"

Please let me know whether it works.

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

I still could not find it there either. Even when I went to support files.

Anyway, here is a link to the essay as it was presented at Consortium News

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/04/22/how-cbs-news-aided-the-jfk-cover-up/

If you go the end, there is a link to Roger's script. If that matches what you had, then its the same thing.