The Education Forum

What evidence is there that Oswald was involved in the attempted assassination of General Edwin Walker?

Sandy Larsen

I've always wondered where exactly the assassination plot ended and the cover up began. The more I learn the more it seems that the assassination plot ended with the last shot. After that:

The rifle wasn't ready. It hadn't even been "purchased" yet (Otherwise the plotters would have known things about it, like the price.)

Tippit's mission wasn't ready.

The plan to eliminate Oswald wasn't ready.

What else is there?

We don't even know for sure that the backyard photos were ready. Nobody saw them till February 1964.

It seems like even the Mexico City evidence wasn't ready. Either that or it was very sloppily done.

Kennedy was dead. The CIA packed up and went home. Johnson was on his own for the cover-up.

On the other hand, somebody had to have informed the DPD that Oswald was the killer. And the DPD did conveniently have an extra Oswald wallet on them. Presumably got it from the CIA or Secret Service.

Okay, so maybe the CIA's job wasn't finished till after they pointed their fingers at Oswald. Then the DPD, FBI, and Johnson were left to sort out the mess.

Sandy,

If the to-be-found TSBD rifle wasn't ready, at least the bad guys knew what kind it would be, or had already decided to "find" a Carcano 91/38 there, because that's the kind of rifle "Oswald' is holding in the backyard photos. Since the BYP's determined what kind of rifle would be "found," why then wouldn't one have been ready to be put in place? And wouldn't the bad guys have already created all the paperwork required for it to be linked to Hidel / Oswald? How would it have helped the bad guys for them to put that off until after the assassination?

Or do you think the BYP's were created after the assassination, too?

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

We don't even know for sure that the backyard photos were ready. Nobody saw them till February 1964.

Correction - Oswald saw them or one of them in jail and denied it was him, stating someone pasted his face over another's body.

Some don't put a lot of faith in Oswald's "I'm a patsy" statement. I do. I also put faith in his statement of "They're taking me in because I was in Russia."

I've always wondered where exactly the assassination plot ended and the cover up began. The more I learn the more it seems that the assassination plot ended with the last shot. After that:

The rifle wasn't ready. It hadn't even been "purchased" yet (Otherwise the plotters would have known things about it, like the price.)

Tippit's mission wasn't ready.

The plan to eliminate Oswald wasn't ready.

What else is there?

It seems like even the Mexico City evidence wasn't ready. Either that or it was very sloppily done.

Kennedy was dead. The CIA packed up and went home. Johnson was on his own for the cover-up.

On the other hand, somebody had to have informed the DPD that Oswald was the killer. And the DPD did conveniently have an extra Oswald wallet on them. Presumably got it from the CIA or Secret Service.

Okay, so maybe the CIA's job wasn't finished till after they pointed their fingers at Oswald. Then the DPD, FBI, and Johnson were left to sort out the mess.

Sandy,

If the to-be-found TSBD rifle wasn't ready, at least the bad guys knew what kind it would be, or had already decided to "find" a Carcano 91/38 there, because that's the kind of rifle "Oswald' is holding in the backyard photos. Since the BYP's determined what kind of rifle would be "found," why then wouldn't one have been ready to be put in place? And wouldn't the bad guys have already created all the paperwork required for it to be linked to Hidel / Oswald? How would it have helped the bad guys for them to put that off until after the assassination?

Or do you think the BYP's were created after the assassination, too?

Tommy,

I wouldn't say that I believe the BYPs were created after the day of the assassination. Only that it is a possibility, since the public wasn't aware of the BYPs till one was published in Life Magazine in February 1964.

The reason I entertain the thought of the BYPs being made later is because the aftermath of the assassination seemed to have been constructed on-the-fly, by the cover-up artists (LBJ and the FBI). It's as though the assassination plotters didn't care all that much what was to take place afterward, as long as the finger was pointed at the patsy.

Can you think of anything occurring after the assassination that appears to have been planned by the plotters? Here's what I can think of:

• Instructions to Oswald that he should go to the theater.
  • DPD being notified that the suspect was at the theater.
  • Something having to do with Tippit... who knows what.
  • Someone providing an Oswald wallet. (For the Tippit killing.)
  • Revelation of the Mexico City trip.
  • Control the Kennedy's autopsy.
  • Have Oswald killed.

I say the rifle wasn't planned because a Mouser was found. I do believe it was a Mouser, not a Carcano.

(Note: One thought I've had is that the Mouser was found first, and then the Carcano. By then it had been decided that there was to be no conspiracy. So the Mouser disappears and is replaced with the Carcano.)

EDIT: I've added two more bullet items above, at the bottom of the list.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Correction - Oswald saw them or one of them in jail and denied it was him, stating someone pasted his face over another's body.

So we are told.

Some don't put a lot of faith in Oswald's "I'm a patsy" statement. I do. I also put faith in his statement of "They're taking me in because I was in Russia."

So we are told.

You know, if you don't believe ANYTHING you might as well just walk away from the whole thing, or just come up with your own crazy theories.
I mean - what's the point? People don't believe what Perry said. They don't believe what John Connally said. They don't believe what Oswald said. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing people on here saying "Oh, he never said 'patsy,' he said 'rat's ass.'"
Will the ridiculousness and craziness on this board ever stop?

So we are told.

You know, if you don't believe ANYTHING you might as well just walk away from the whole thing, or just come up with your own crazy theories.
I mean - what's the point? People don't believe what Perry said. They don't believe what John Connally said. They don't believe what Oswald said. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing people on here saying "Oh, he never said 'patsy,' he said 'rat's ass.'"

I take it, then, that you believe everything that everybody said.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

So we are told.

I take it, then, that you believe everything that everybody said.

Sandy,

Everyone except that lyin', money-grubbin' Beverly Oliver. (lol)

Everyone except that lyin', money-grubbin' Beverly Oliver. (lol)
Good one, Tom, for having a sense of humor +1.
Sandy, come on, you should me enough on this board to ever think I believe everything here.

Dear Mike,

"You should me enough"? Is that (gasp) a mistake?

This conversation highlights the essential problem with the evidence in the JFK assassination case: Just what evidence DO we believe?

Dear Robert,

I only believe three things. [Just kidding; there are probably four.] 1) That Marion Baker ran into the TSBD, 2) that Shelly and Lovelady can be seen walking down Elm Street Extension, and 3) that they cut across it and headed over towards "the island" right after they passed that groovy-looking gate (or whatever it is) on the side of the TSBD.

Would you please start another thread and list all of the evidence in the whole case that you believe in?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Didn't the photos surface on the second search? And weren't they catalogued?

But if I recall correctly, did not Mike Paine say he saw them at police HQ on Friday night?

I need to correct myself:

What I meant to say is that the public didn't see (or know about) the BYPs till February 1964. And that is why we don't know for sure that they existed before the assassination.

I would love to find out that somebody we can trust knew about them the day of the assassination, or the day after. That would remove some complexity from the metaphorical equation. But in general I don't trust the DPD and I don't trust the Paines.