The Education Forum

The Handwritten Letter Compared With The Typed One, Et Cetera

1 minute ago, Michael Clark said:

The Yeltsin papers on Marie Fonzie's site fill-out the rest of that story.

Dear Michael,

Huh?

Could you fill us in with the details or at least provide us with a "link", oh great Super Member?

Thanks,

--  Tommy :sun

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Dear Michael,

Thanks.  Hmm .....1999, eh?  A rough year for Russia. What with all those mysterious Russian Apartment Bombings, the ensuing declaration of martial law, the ensuing cancellation of the upcoming elections, the ensuing "decision" of corrupt Boris Yestsin to retire, and the miraculous, concomitant ascension of "former" KGB officer / Director of the ("reset"-lovin') FSB, Vladimir Putin (who, as 1st Prime Minister under Yeltsin, had been protecting good 'ol Boris from corruption charges) to the presidency without being elected to that position!

But I digress.  I'm sure everything in the files those nice Russians gave us is true.  I mean I mean I mean .... Why would they lie to us?  "Hip-Hip Hooray!  The Cold War Is Over!"  (lol)

Edited by Thomas Graves

5 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Michael,

Thanks.  Hmm .....1999, eh?  A rough year for Russia. What with all those mysterious Russian Apartment Bombings, the ensuing declaration of martial law, the ensuing cancellation of the upcoming elections, the ensuing "decision" of corrupt Boris Yestsin to retire, and the miraculous concomitant ascension of "former" KGB officer / Director of the ("reset"-lovin') FSB, Vladimir Putin (who, as 1st Prime Minister, had been protecting Yeltsin from corruption charges) to the presidency!

But I digress.  I'm sure everything in the files those nice Russians gave us is true.  I mean I mean I mean .... Why would they lie to us?  "Hip-Hip Hooray!  The Cold War Is Over!"  (lol)

Well, at least now we have LHO's diary, assassination-era documents from the USSR and Paul Trejo. If we could now get the FBI, CIA, ONI, MI5, Mossad, Stazi, and Paul Trejo's source to cough up the family jewels, we might be on to something.

2 questions about the letter

Can anyone find an image or a transcript of the Ruth Paine handwritten copy of Oswald's handwritten rough draft?

I have several images of the desk secretary in the dining area where it is now displayed in the "Ruth Paine Museum" but I can't find any of the "other" desk secretary that was in the living area, can anyone help out with that?

Bonus question:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Ruth Paine's boat?

Edited by Chris Newton
punctuation

23 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Well, at least now we have LHO's diary, assassination-era documents from the USSR and Paul Trejo. If we could now get the FBI, CIA, ONI, MI5, Mossad, Stazi, and Paul Trejo's source to cough up the family jewels, we might be on to something.

Dear Michael,

All I can say is, "Where the heck is Yuri Nosenko (R.I.P.) when we really need him?"

I mean I mean I mean ---  He'd "set us straight,"  for sure!

After all, Nosenko's the guy who assured Angleton, et al., that LHO was so unstable that Department 13 didn't even interview him, you know, to see if he had any juicy info about U.S. weapons systems, etc.

For the simple reason that, contrary to what bonafide defector Golitsyn had told his CIA interrogators, Department 13 "didn't do things like that."

You know, after Oswald has tried to "kill himself" in Moscow, and that must be true, too, because good 'ol boys Nechiporenko and Leonov independently "confirmed" to us how LHO really was really, really unstable and everything, you know, by their revelations that Oswald provocatively and oh-so dramatically took his trusty revolver to the Mexico City Soviet Embassy two days in a row!

(lol)  

Edited by Thomas Graves

22 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

2 questions about the letter

Can anyone find an image or a transcript of the Ruth Paine handwritten copy of Oswald's handwritten rough draft?

I have several images of the desk secretary in the dining area where it is now displayed the "Ruth Paine Museum" but I can't find any of the "other" desk secretary that was in the living area, can anyone help out with that?

Bonus question:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Ruth Paine's boat?

Chris,

I you can't find it, I doubt that I can.

But I will take a cursory look in the near future.

Stupid question:  Was it ever admitted into evidence?

Edited by Thomas Graves

44 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Michael,

You know, after Oswald has tried to "kill himself" in Moscow, and that must be true, too, because good 'ol boys Nechiporenko and Leonov independently "confirmed" to us how LHO really was really, really unstable and everything, you know, by their revelations that Oswald provocatively and oh-so dramatically took his trusty revolver to the Mexico City Soviet Embassy two days in a row!

To be sure, LHO's diary is isolated from the Yeltsin Papers. They are separate sources that agree with one-another. That is as good as gets when you are limited to two sources.

On 5/1/2017 at 3:00 AM, Thomas Graves said:

An excerpt from an interesting essay somebody wrote at some college:

PART FOUR: THE “RUSSIAN” OSWALD

"Some researchers have speculated that Oswald did not intend to travel to the Soviet Union but was only trying to gain entrance into Cuba in order to receive orders from the Soviet embassy in Havana, Cuba about the assassination and his subsequent escape out of the United States. In order to prove that he had resided previously in the Soviet Union, Oswald provided a copy of the 1959 passport from the original Oswald and his Russian work permit. He also displayed evidence that he had married a Russian woman and had supported the communist cause in the U. S. as secretary of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee (FPCC) and as a member of the American Communist Party. In short, Oswald wanted to establish that he was a supporter of the Cuban revolution (Eddowes, 1977). A woman by the name of Sylvia Duran interviewed Oswald at the Cuban Consulate and subsequently told him that his request for a visa had been denied. When Oswald became upset, Consul Eusebio Ascue was summoned and he also told Oswald that an immediate visa was out of the question because it would take several weeks to process an official request for travel to Cuba. Oswald was told that the only other alternative would be to secure approval from the Soviet embassy for a visa to travel to Russia. A Russian visa would have allowed Oswald initially to travel to Cuba before eventually departing for the Soviet Union (Eddowes, 1977). After Oswald’s failure to reach the Soviet embassy in Havana to receive his instructions about the assassination, it has been argued that Oswald met with clandestine KGB agents at the Soviet embassy in Mexico City from September 27 to October 3 to discuss the assassination of Kennedy. Specifically, there is documented evidence that Oswald met with Valeri Vladimirovich Kostikov, a KGB officer in command of Department 13 known for sabotage and assassination. Also, [it is alleged by some that] Oswald met with a second KGB officer connected to clandestine operations by the name of Valeri Dmitrevich Kostin who was not listed as an employee of the Soviet embassy in Mexico City. It has been speculated that Oswald was to have met with Kostin in Havana but, when he failed to obtain permission to travel to Cuba, Kostin was flown quickly to Mexico City. Unfortunately, the substance of the discussions between Oswald and the KGB officers is unknown (Nechiporenko, 1993)"

https://history.appstate.edu/sites/history.appstate.edu/files/Paper - Scott Johnson.pdf

In my humble opinion, if we factor in what Duran and Azcue's "Blond Oswald" wrote in his 2005 memoirs -- Likholetye (The Troubled Years) by Nikolai Leonov --, and also what Leonov told National Enquirer magazine in 1993, one possible scenario is that Oswald did meet with flown-in-from-Cuba KGB officer Valeri Dmitrecich Kostin inside the Mexico City Soviet Embassy on Sunday, 9/29/63, and that Mexico City-based at-that-time Leonov is trying (in 1993 and 2005) not only to "corroborate" Nechiporenko's allegation that Oswald was highly unstable (which thereby, in turn, tended to "corroborate" Yuri Noshenko's 1964 contention that "KGB had no interest in what-so-ever in LHO because of his "emotional instability") when he (Nechiporenko) met with Oswald on Saturday, 9/28/63,  but Leonov, in 1993 and 2005, might also be trying to retroactively "cover" for the (alleged) activities of KGB officer, Kostin, on Sunday, 9/29/63, as well.

Just a thought.

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

9 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

edited and bumped

Tommy, I believe Castro's HSCA testimony, and Duran's statements, as well as the account of DAP, that there was absolutely no way that the DAP LHO was going to get a plane ticket to Cuba, even as a stopover on a transit visa. Castro's testimony holds the greatest veracity on this point, IMO.

Therefore, there would be no Russians vetting LHO at that time, to decide whether to let LHO on a plane to Cuba.

The best evidence, as I see it, following David Josephs, is that the DPD LHO did not go to MC in the 10-1-63 time frame.

5 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy, I believe Castro's HSCA testimony, and Duran's statements, as well as the account of DAP, that there was absolutely no way that the DAP LHO was going to get a plane ticket to Cuba, even as a stopover on a transit visa. Castro's testimony holds the greatest veracity on this point, IMO.

Therefore, there would be no Russians vetting LHO at that time, to decide whether to let LHO on a plane to Cuba.

The best evidence, as I see it, following David Josephs, is that the DPD LHO did not go to MC in the 10-1-63 time frame.

Huh?

4 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Huh?

Help me out Tommy. I'm trying to follow you. I respect what I believe is your effort to make a point without trying to be overly speculative. Your previous post, one loooooooong sentence, was difficult for me to trace my way through. 

Are you saying that Soviet intelligence personnel were trying to decide whether to let LHO have a transit visa to the USSR, via Cuba?

Just now, Michael Clark said:

Help me out Tommy. I'm trying to follow you. I respect what I believe is your effort to make a point without trying to be overly speculative. Your previous post, one loooooooong sentence, was difficult for me to trace my way through. 

Are you saying that Soviet intelligence personnel were trying to decide whether to let LHO have a transit visa to the USSR, via Cuba?

Dear Michael,

I mean I mean I mean I mean.

Jumping ahead here, maybe, but if LHO was drugged / hypnotized / somehow "turned" while he was in the Soviet Union, there would be no need for his being "screened" or whatever by the KGB boys in Mexico City, would there?

5 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Michael,

I mean I mean I mean I mean.

Jumping ahead here, maybe, but if LHO was drugged / hypnotized / somehow "turned" while he was in the Soviet Union, there would be no need for his being "screened" or whatever by the KGB boys in Mexico City, would there?

Acknowledged, I'll just read and maybe I'll get my head around it.