The Education Forum

The Dual Life of Albert Osborne

8 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Wanted to also say WELCOME to John and thanks so much for your contributions...

Thank you David and I'm glad to be a member of this forum.

Edited by John Kowalski

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

Do you see reason to believe that this information is not accurate?

Hi Mathias:

The article does mention the council house in Lincolnshire. Grimsby, which is Osborne's city of birth is in Lincolnshire. CE 2195 pg. 36 also mentions that Mrs. Featherstone lives on the outskirts of Grimsby. The city of Cambridge, where the call originated from is in Cambridgeshire. These two cities are about 70 miles apart and it would not have taken Osborne long to travel there to make the call but as far as the article is concerned it does not state that he was in Cambridge.

7 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

He was ordered to leave Mexico in 1958 as an undesirable alien after selling a car in Oaxaca without paying the import duties. (CE 2121, p. 576, and 2195, p. 34,)

Ron:

Thanks for posting that. I do recall something about a car. Perhaps the 1958 FBI investigation could be related to criminal activities related to auto theft. John Caesar Grossi who also used Bowen as an alias stole cars.

Does anyone know why I am receiving the following message "max total size (for attachments) .14mb? Want to upload another document related to the Grimsby call but can't do it because it is larger than .14 mb.

9 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Does anyone know why I am receiving the following message "max total size (for attachments) .14mb? Want to upload another document related to the Grimsby call but can't do it because it is larger than .14 mb.

User storage for uploading photos is very limited. You can use the "insert other media" tab for posting pics.

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

ser storage for uploading photos is very limited. You can use the "insert other media" tab for posting pics.

Thanks Michael, I will take a picture of the document and use the other media tab to upload it.

3 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Thanks Michael, I will take a picture of the document and use the other media tab to upload it.

John, it would have to be on the web. I tried to explain with an example before I had to leave this morning. I ran out of time.

8 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

John, it would have to be on the web. I tried to explain with an example before I had to leave this morning. I ran out of time.

Thanks for letting me know, I will look for another way to upload it.

Hi John,

If you have a photo on line that you want to post, “control-click” on it and a box should come up that offers you some options. Select “Copy Image Address” and apply that to your post. If you have a photo that is not on the web and belongs to you, find a service that allows third party posting and store your photos there. Each photo will have an image address that you can use to post the photo. I use “Postimage” - it’s free and very simple.

Tom

Thanks Tom.

Here is the link for the CIA document on the internet. If the link does not work enter "Assassination of president Kennedy reported anonymous telephone message" in your web browser.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnmszI8a3XAhWCw4MKHb3kBIIQFgg6MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.archives.gov%2Ffiles%2Fresearch%2Fjfk%2Freleases%2Fdocid-32389606.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2ZX4XZowKR38BARd0pBedE

What I would like to know is did the police ask the reporter to speak to Albert Osborne so that he could hear his voice and determine if he was the same person who made the call on the day of the assassination.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:29 PM, George Sawtelle said:

If the CIA did with Oswald in MC what the WC said Oswald did in MC and wanted to do, i.e., go to Cuba then onto Russia, and Oswald's MC escapade was part of a CIA plan to link him to the Russian assassin, then they do a better job than what was done. This is the basis for my post above.

If the MC incident is truly a CIA project to link the Russian assassin to Oswald and the assassination of Kennedy and thus put Russia in the crosshairs of nuclear button pushers, then the impersonation of Oswald was a failure.

The CIA did not need to have anyone impersonate Oswald. He was under the control of Phillips who was in MC and who could have easily ordered Oswald to MC to do what was necessary to link Russia to the assassination. Phillips had done his homework. According to Antonio Veciana, Phillips had asked him (Veciana) if a visa could be obtained fairly quickly in MC for a trip to Cuba. Veciana told Phillips it would take some time. Maybe this is why Oswald's trip to MC was called off.

And that is the main reason I say the MC caper was not a CIA project.

George,

The problem I have with your scenario is that there was no single "MC caper".  There are two separate "MC capers," in my reading.

The first MC caper was set in motion by Guy Banister in New Orleans (and confessedly financed by CIA agent David Atlee Philips).  That caper was to sheep-dip Lee Harvey Oswald as an officer of the FPCC, with two possibilities in mind: (1) that Oswald might trick his way into Cuba and join a plot in progress to assassinate Fidel Castro; or (2) if he failed, Oswald might be exploited as an FPCC Patsy in the near future.

The second MC caper was CIA agent David Morales' impersonation of Oswald by using the telephone from the Cuban Consulate to the Soviet Embassy, while Oswald was in Mexico City.  It seems to me that this was a last-minute, spur-of-the-moment idea.  

I say it was a last-minute idea because it failed so miserably.   We know this today because of Bill Simpich (2014) and his discovery of the Top-Secret CIA Mole Hunt that started less than ONE HOUR after this stupid impersonation.  The Mexico City CIA knew right away that this wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald.  That's why they skewed Oswald's 201 File. 

Because of the ongoing CIA Mole Hunt involving Lee Harvey Oswald on 11/22/1963, the FBI could not get a straight answer out of the CIA about Oswald on or after 11/22/1963.  That is why the FBI resorted to lying about Oswald taking a bus to Mexico City -- and why they hoped that Albert Osborne would help the FBI cause before the Warren Commission.  But Osborne was too wonky.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

4 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

George,

The problem I have with your scenario is that there was no single "MC caper".  There are two separate "MC capers," in my reading.

The first MC caper was set in motion by Guy Banister in New Orleans (and confessedly financed by CIA agent David Atlee Philips).  That caper was to sheep-dip Lee Harvey Oswald as an officer of the FPCC, with two possibilities in mind: (1) that Oswald might trick his way into Cuba and join a plot in progress to assassinate Fidel Castro; or (2) if he failed, Oswald might be exploited as an FPCC Patsy in the near future.

The second MC caper was CIA agent David Morales' impersonation of Oswald by using the telephone from the Cuban Consulate to the Soviet Embassy, while Oswald was in Mexico City.  It seems to me that this was a last-minute, spur-of-the-moment idea.  

I say it was a last-minute idea because it failed so miserably.   We know this today because of Bill Simpich (2014) and his discovery of the Top-Secret CIA Mole Hunt that started less than ONE HOUR after this stupid impersonation.  The Mexico City CIA knew right away that this wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald.  That's why they skewed Oswald's 201 File. 

Because of the ongoing CIA Mole Hunt involving Lee Harvey Oswald on 11/22/1963, the FBI could not get a straight answer out of the CIA about Oswald on or after 11/22/1963.  That is why the FBI resorted to lying about Oswald taking a bus to Mexico City -- and why they hoped that Albert Osborne would help the FBI cause before the Warren Commission.  But Osborne was too wonky.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

that is an interesting theory. But I think there's a snag: Those who (like Bill Simpich) think that the purpose of the impostors' phone calls was to link Oswald to Kostikov ignore the fact that neither men's names came up during the first call. That's a big problem I think.

19 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

Paul,

that is an interesting theory. But I think there's a snag: Those who (like Bill Simpich) think that the purpose of the impostors' phone calls was to link Oswald to Kostikov ignore the fact that neither men's names came up during the first call. That's a big problem I think.

Mathias,

If what you say is correct with regard to the phone call in question -- then yes, it is a big snag.

However, in my reading, regarding the phone call in question, the caller from the Cuban Consulate Telephone to the Soviet Embassy Telephone: (1) identified himself as Lee Harvey Oswald; and(2) the responder replied to him by mentioning "Mr. Kostikov." 

That is why the Mole Hunt started in the first place.  Knowing that (A) the caller was not Oswald; and that (B ) Kostikov was a wanted man; set off bells in the CIA high-command in MC.

Otherwise, there would have been no reason at all to start a Mole Hunt regarding the CIA 201 file of Lee Harvey Oswald.

What is the source of your denial of these two key propositions, Mathias?   Please let me see your documented source.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

8 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Mathias,

If what you say is correct with regard to the phone call in question -- then yes, it is a big snag.

However, in my reading, regarding the phone call in question, the caller from the Cuban Consulate Telephone to the Soviet Embassy Telephone: (1) identified himself as Lee Harvey Oswald; and(2) the responder replied to him by mentioning "Mr. Kostikov." 

That is why the Mole Hunt started in the first place.  Knowing that (A) the caller was not Oswald; and that (B ) Kostikov was a wanted man; set off bells in the CIA high-command in MC.

Otherwise, there would have been no reason at all to start a Mole Hunt regarding the CIA 201 file of Lee Harvey Oswald.

What is the source of your denial of these two key propositions, Mathias?   Please let me see your documented source.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

my source is "Oswald and the CIA" by John Newman. Here's the transcript of the first phone call:

SILVIA DURAN: There is an American here who says he has been to the Russian consulate.

RUSSIAN CONSULATE: Wait a minute.

Silvia Duran is then heard to speak in English to someone apparently sitting at her side. This conversation goes as follows:

DURAN: He said wait. Do you speak Russian?

[OSWALD]: Yes.

DURAN: Why don't you speak with him then?

[OSWALD]: I don't know...

The person who was at the side of Sylvia Duran and who admitted to speaking some Russian then gets on the line and speaks what is described as "terrible, hardly recognizable Russian". This person is later identified as Lee Harvey Oswald.

OSWALD: I was in your Embassy and spoke to your Consul.

RUSSIAN EMBASSY: What else do you want?

OSWALD: I was just now at your Embassy and they took my address.

RUSSIAN EMBASSY: I know that.

OSWALD: I did not know it then. I went to the Cuban Embassy to ask them for my address, because they have it.

RUSSIAN EMBASSY: Why don't you come by and leave it then, we're not far.

OSWALD: Well, I'll be there right away.

And this is what Newman makes of this conversation on page 365 of his book:

[...] the speakers were not Oswald and Duran, but two impostors who had stepped into Oswald's "reality" and were trying to acquire intelligence information.

I've discussed this with Jim diEugenio in this thread: