The Education Forum

Delay in release of records.

Cory Santos

6 hours ago, Hugo Langendoen said:

As many of you here I started digging in the papers. So far I like these two documents the best:

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32112964.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32112987.pdf

Those two documents show that president Ford noticed at latest in 1975 that the inteligence agencies didnt tell the truth to the Warren Commission.

And it is also clear that Allen Dulles knew much more then he said in that same commission.

Of course that is not a surprise, but while browsing these papers it was something that caught my eye. 

Lyman Lemnitzer and Lansdale went from jubilant about Operation Mongoose to probably angered about JFK canceling Operation Mongoose in a little over one year.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory

You live in a different world. I could explain to you that the CIA has been out of control since Dulles became CIA director, provide evidence but it wouldn't do any good. You would continue to believe it's ok because they keep us safe. Killing foreign leaders, implementing regime change doesn't keep us safe. It just grows the list of enemies for us.

Our wars of choice in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan didn't and don't keep us safe. We are on the edge of nuclear war right now in Korea. We are staring at bankruptcy due in part because we keep throwing away our wealth on our wars of choice. Bankruptcy will not keep us safe.

I'm not advocating revolution. What I want to see is the CIA and military subservient to our civilian leadership. As long as the US constitution is followed in this regard we will survive, continue to grow and lead the world.  

Edited by George Sawtelle

6 minutes ago, George Sawtelle said:

Cory

You live in a different world. I could explain to you that the CIA has been out of control since Dulles became CIA director, provide evidence but it wouldn't do any good. You would continue to believe it's ok because they keep us safe. Killing foreign leaders, implementing regime change doesn't keep us safe. It just grows the list of enemies for us.

Our wars of choice in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan didn't and don't keep us safe. We are on the edge of nuclear war right now in Korea. We are staring at bankruptcy due in part because we keep throwing away our wealth on our wars of choice. Bankruptcy will not keep us safe. 

Well I can respect your opinion.

Though, I think it strange someone who does not know me (I dont know perhaps you did a google search on me or something but still...) is assuming what I believe.  Perhaps it is a smokescreen lol-I read that in one of the documents.

My point is based on experience. . . Let me say, some people think that there are no bad guys out there trying to come to the U.S. and cause trouble.   Or worse yet, some people dont realize that right now, people are on computers trying to hack bank information or shut down U.S. power grids.  Scary stuff.  These things sometimes need to be fought with strong people.  Without them, the U.S. is in trouble.  I get, what your saying though.  But, this is the real world, lots of bad guys out there, we need defense and offense to keep our country and world stable.  I agree peace is always best, diplomacy, etc. 

Perhaps my viewpoint is jaded based on my experiences, as I am sure yours is.

Yet, here we are trying to solve the worlds problems by talking.  If we both had a drink, we could give a toast to peace together.

Regardless, I understand the viewpoint you are expressing.

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Well, fourth branch accounts for  administrative agencies, not merely CIA/Military, if I understood your post.

I understand your frustration and comments.

But, in the real world, Washington has procedures.  Whatever the reason was for the delay, as I said above, we have another day next year where this will be in the news .  If you feel the way I think you do, then, you should view that as a good thing.

I fail to understand though about bring "these guys under control".  If you want to explain I will listen. 

One last thought, these guys do keep us safe from a lot of bad guys out there. 

But go ahead and explain your thought a little more.

Thanks. 

CAS

Cory - do you think 6 months down the road the process will continue? I think without Congress stepping in and making that a law they will just forget about the whole thing. No one in the media is talking about the non release, or questioning what might be there, a la David Talbot's post (plus Joannides, which I think Talbot would agree he should have included), they are talking about what was released.

for me there is really only one person alive that could be being protected. It begins with B and it's 4 letters long.

Jim Hougan wrote on Facebook today:

Stu Wexler observes: "The decisions re the government release are far worse than the media is recognizing. Researchers Rex Bradford and Bill Simpich, among others, point out that the 2800 files released are NOT from the 3000+ files that have been withheld in full for decades and that we were led to believe would be released. Only 52 files that had previously never been seen were released, meaning there are still a few thousand withheld. The 2800 pages were mostly more complete (free of redactions) versions of files we have already seen. There are still some 30,000 documents that fall into that category-- need to have redactions removed-- and have yet to be released in more complete form. In sum, a large percentage of material was not provided to the public as the 1992 law proscribed."

Lee Shepherd wrote on Facebook today:

The CIA asked for and received a privileged extension twenty-five years ago on a mandate by Congress to reveal all the JFK files. They did so to cover the villains of this crime who were still alive. Now they demand the President extend this mendacity and criminality. There can be only one reason for this: "George Herbert Walker Bush."

Image may contain: 1 person

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Lee Shepherd wrote on Facebook today:

The CIA asked for and received a privileged extension twenty-five years ago on a mandate by Congress to reveal all the JFK files. They did so to cover the villains of this crime who were still alive. Now they demand the President extend this mendacity and criminality. There can be only one reason for this: "George Herbert Walker Bush."

Image may contain: 1 person

I don't know who Lee Shepherd is but, Bingo.  IMHO. The old spook still has enough grip to squeeze a woman who's not his wife's butt cheek but not the sense not to.  Seems the CIA takes care of it's own in retirement.  Sometimes (see Harvey, Bill and Lee?).  Was his daddy's buddy and possibly his mentor Dulles at the Farm on 11/22/63 after being fired by JFK?  He (Dulles) was, unusually, in Dallas a little over a month before the execution. Read years ago (Family Secrets?) about Hervert Walkers dalliance with a secretary.  A promiscuous POTUS?  Oh, my.  That could be a security risk.  Wadda ya expect now from one who likes to grab em by the p.......

Edited by Ron Bulman

38 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

That's funny. Bush was president and signed this law. 

Ty - is that real?

Paul, seems like it's real but not that funny.  Serious stuff.  If Bush had Not signed the Unanimously approved Congressional Act 25 years ago some of this might have come to light then.  Was he covering his own xxx?  Is all This bringing That to light now, finally?

Reminds me of Jack Nicholson and the MSM.  "You can't Handle the Truth".  We're all just peons incapable of making knowledgeable decisions if given all true information.