The Education Forum

Souetre picture 632-796

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

I am posting documents I have related to Souetre.   Make of them as you will....

Tambroni, a very important Italian politician in the 60s, was in deep contact with OAS. His son-in-law, Franco Micucci Cecchi, was a CMC-Permindex member. Besides, Tambroni was Prime Minister of a Gabinet directly involved in an international Masonic pact (USA and Italy) against JFK. The mind behind that pact was Gigliotti, a CIA man and a very important Freemason. The trip to Italy Gigliotti made to obtain this anti-Kennedy pact was signed, was paid by Pièche, the aforesaid CMC member

Edited by Paz Marverde
Added a name

Jason - many thanks for putting this info on this thread where it seems especially pertinent. 

Paz - thank you also for contributing the names of a few important Italians who may link to this subject. We will see if eventually connections are found. We do know that CMC and OAS had ties. 

DeGaulle's security forces were making an attempt to locate Souetre (or whatever his name was) as part of their effort to protect their president, who as we know from David Talbot's recent book the Devils Chessboard thought that there was a strong link between the attempts on his life and the assassination of JFK. 

Who is Morrow? I gather it's Robert D. Morrow. (Didn't he used to post here?) Tracy Barnes was his CIA superior, and the FBI document posted by Jason indicates that Barnes told Morrow that Souetre was the 'deaded contract killer QJWIN'. At the end of that document Thomas Eli Davis, a contact of Jack Ruby, is claimed by Morrow to be a ZRFIFLE assassin (Harvey, Helms). What is not mentioned here is that QJWIN went to Algiers to gain the release from prison of Davis shortly after the assassination. Michele Victor Mertz is now the lead choice for the identity of QJWIN. The name Michele Mertz appears in that same document as a mistaken alias for Souetre, apparently because the French security forces were confused. 

I have the feeling we are still missing a few details, possibly ones that others reading this could supply.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Jason,

In your first paragraph - I'm pretty sure that comes from Fensterwald's, "Possible French Connection"...

The  _________ Buscia mentioned would probably be Gilles Buscia, author of Au nom de l'OAS: Requiem pour une cause perdue by Gilles Buscia) Alain Lefeuvre, 1981.

(In the name of the OAS: Requiem for a Lost Cause)

This is supposedly his "memoirs". I sure would like to read that someday.

He was the head of the OAS in Corsica. He was implicated in the attack on Charles DeGaulle at Petit-Clamart along with Laslo Varga and Lajos Marton. He was also implicated in an attack on George Pompidou.

General Claude Clement, who "assisted" at Souetre's wedding was a hoot.

He was a 70 year old hippie who authored a book entitled, Make Love and Not War Anymore. "I too want to put flowers in the barrels of guns, to drop petals on those who drop bombs". He organized a music festival in Aix-en-Provence in July of 1970 that was headlined by Pink Floyd. The festival was canceled by the city authorities as a fire hazard and a threat to public safety. He was drummed out of the army for his participation in Souetre's wedding at the prison camp.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Jason,

In your first paragraph - I'm pretty sure that comes from Fensterwald's, "Possible French Connection"...

The  _________ Buscia mentioned would probably be Gilles Buscia, author of Au nom de l'OAS: Requiem pour une cause perdue by Gilles Buscia) Alain Lefeuvre, 1981.

(In the name of the OAS: Requiem for a Lost Cause)

This is supposedly his "memoirs". I sure would like to read that someday.

He was the head of the OAS in Corsica. He was implicated in the attack on Charles DeGaulle at Petit-Clamart along with Laslo Varga and Lajos Marton. He was also implicated in an attack on George Pompidou.

General Claude Clement, who "assisted" at Souetre's wedding was a hoot.

He was a 70 year old hippie who authored a book entitled, Make Love and Not War Anymore. "I too want to put flowers in the barrels of guns, to drop petals on those who drop bombs". He organized a music festival in Aix-en-Provence in July of 1970 that was headlined by Pink Floyd. The festival was canceled by the city authorities as a fire hazard and a threat to public safety. He was drummed out of the army for his participation in Souetre's wedding at the prison camp.

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve, although Souetre is a fascinating figure apart from any possible involvement in the Kennedy assassination, I simply find no evidence* that he was involved in Kennedy's murder so I have not put much thought into the documents I have.   I will say this: the OAS war against deGaulle was well known, documented, and hardly mysterious.   The OAS was, of course, the French Radical Right.    For all the same reasons there has been *since the very day of the attacks against deGaulle*  no doubt who was attacking him, I reject that the CIA or  some other mysterious cabal of US govenment related figures are deeply involved in the Kennedy assassination.  There was never any doubt who was attacking deGaulle because the evidence is all over the place and undeniable.

The same is true of Kennedy - the evidence exists; there is no room for so much rampant speculation.

regards,

Jason

* there are some slight indications that Souetre may have briefly consulted with the authors of the Kennedy assassination, but in my view his role can be no higher than one-time or perhaps twice-visited consultant.

Edited by Jason Ward

12 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Hi Steve, although Souetre is a fascinating figure apart from any possible involvement in the Kennedy assassination, I simply find no evidence* that he was involved in Kennedy's murder so I have not put much thought into the documents I have.   I will say this: the OAS war against deGaulle was well known, documented, and hardly mysterious.   The OAS was, of course, the French Radical Right.    For all the same reasons there has been *since the very day of the attacks against deGaulle*  no doubt who was attacking him, I reject that the CIA or  some other mysterious cabal of US govenment related figures are deeply involved in the Kennedy assassination.  There was never any doubt who was attacking deGaulle because the evidence is all over the place and undeniable.

The same is true of Kennedy - the evidence exists; there is no room for so much rampant speculation.

regards,

Jason

* there are some slight indications that Souetre may have briefly consulted with the authors of the Kennedy assassination, but in my view his role can be no higher than one-time or perhaps twice-visited consultant.

Jason  -  here you make a distinction between the radical right in France and the radical right in the US, pointing out that in your opinion the OAS was a known enemy of the French state and DeGaulle, and that there was no doubt that the OAS was responsible for the attempts on DeGaulle's life. That is true as far as it goes. But allow me to point out a few differences between the situation in France and the US. First, and foremost, DeGaulle survived the attempt because his own secret service was loyal to him and protected him. Second,  his survival enabled DeGaulle to return fire with fire and reveal the truth.

Conclusions can be drawn that there was an essential difference in the French awareness of and response to right wing terrorism, and the US response. Clearly France had its radar up. Is there any wonder why they would? And they took the threats seriously and did the right thing. There was plenty of information available to our secret services, especially the FBI, that the right wing, not the left, was agitating against JFK. Yet they failed miserably to protect him. So are we to conclude that the only difference here is that our Secret Services didn't take the threats seriously? Before or afterwards?

There is a basic illogic in your parallels and assumptions, based, both for you and Paul T, in your basic faith in the integrity of our intelligence institutions and of their leaders, while you stare in the face their miserable failures and attempt to explain them by saying they were not the kind of men who would commit a time of such magnitude. Well, they certainly had no such compunction on foreign soils. 

For all the same reasons there has been *since the very day of the attacks against deGaulle*  no doubt who was attacking him, I reject that the CIA or  some other mysterious cabal of US govenment related figures are deeply involved in the Kennedy assassination.  There was never any doubt who was attacking deGaulle because the evidence is all over the place and undeniable.

Yet De Gaulle speculated that Allen Dulles and CIA supported the OAS assassination plotting.

I've forgotten - where do you maintain the existing JFK evidence points?

Edited by David Andrews

4 hours ago, David Andrews said:

For all the same reasons there has been *since the very day of the attacks against deGaulle*  no doubt who was attacking him, I reject that the CIA or  some other mysterious cabal of US govenment related figures are deeply involved in the Kennedy assassination.  There was never any doubt who was attacking deGaulle because the evidence is all over the place and undeniable.

Yet De Gaulle speculated that Allen Dulles and CIA supported the OAS assassination plotting.

I've forgotten - where do you maintain the existing JFK evidence points?

Thanks for adding that nugget about DeGaulle's speculations and the ties between OAS and CIA, which Jason will probably deny and ask for proof.

Jason,

The study of French politics in general, and the OAS in particular is... confusing. They seemed to change their governments so frequently it's hard to keep up. you said, “The OAS was, of course, the French Radical Right”.

That's true, to a certain extent; but I've found that the OAS consisted of many things. You had the proto-fascists, yes, but it also had French loyalists,, disaffected SDECE and SAC agents, double agents, royalists, former members of the French Foreign Legion, outright criminals...the list goes on.

I once read that the hardest job in the world was a drill instructor in the French Foreign Legion. You had a polyglot of languages mixed up with misfits, people who were on the lamb who had changed their name, men to were given the choice of joining the Foreign Legion or going to jail. Discipline consisted of taking you out behind the barracks and letting four of the biggest, baddest Legionnaires beat the tar out of you. So, it's complex. More than anything else, I would say that the OAS were anti-DeGaulle.

I think there are two ingredients that help understand Souetre's character.: One was the Integraliste movement; and the other was Article 16 of the French Constitution.

1) Integralism

There was a throwaway line in something Jean-Claude Perez told Fensterwald in 1982. He said that,

post 1962, Souetre was part of an ultra-right, ultra-Catholic splinter group which included four men named Pichon, Lefevre, Bourget, and Grossouvre. Group called Integraliste
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/S%20Disk/Souetre%20Jean%20with%20aka%27s/Item%2011.pdf

p. 4.

(Albert Lefevre, by the way, was the one man I could find that both stood trial with Souetre in December, 1961 and who escaped with him from the Camp at St. Maurice L'Ardoise in February, 1962.)

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integralism

Integralism is an ideology according to which a nation is an organic unity. Integralism defends social differentiation and hierarchy with co-operation between social classes, transcending conflict between social and economic groups. It advocates trade unionism (or a guild system), corporatism, and organic political representation instead of ideological forms of representation. Integralism claims that the best political institutions for given nations will differ depending on the history, culture and climate of the nation's habitat. Often associated with blood and soil conservatism, it posits the nation or the state or the nation state as an end and a moral good, rather than a means.[1]

The term integralism was coined by the French journalist Charles Maurras, whose conception of nationalism was illiberal and anti-internationalist, elevating the interest of the state above that of the individual and above humanity in general.[1]

Although it is marked by its being exclusionary and particularistic, and there has been consideration of its historic role as a sort of proto-fascism (in a European context)[1] or para-fascism (in a South American context),[2] this link remains controversial, with some social scientists positing that it combines elements of both the political left and right.[3]

Catholic Integralism does not support the creation of an autonomous "Catholic" state church, or Erastianism (Gallicanism in French context). Rather it supports subordinating the state to the worldwide Catholicism under the leadership of the Pope. Thus it rejects separation of the Catholic Church from the state and favours Catholicism as the proclaimed religion of the state.[5]

Catholic Integralism appeals to the teaching on the subordination of temporal to spiritual power of medieval popes such as Pope Gregory VII and Pope Boniface VIII. But Catholic Integralism in the strict sense came about as a reaction against the political and cultural changes which followed the Enlightenment and the French Revolution.[6

(Where have we heard “Blood and Soil” recently?)

For “trade unionism” See Fensterwald's “Possible French Connection”

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/S%20Disk/Souetre%20et%20al,%20Published/Item%2002.pdf

“In the period, 1964-1966. Souetre headed the Societe Expinmaq in Madrid; it was a “soueti de traveaux publics,” furnishing works and cover for OAS veterans and exiles, such as Varga, Marton and Sari.”19 (essentially a trade union and you can see why Souetre was beloved by former OAS veterans. He got them jobs). When men deserted from the French Army as Souetre did and joined the OAS, they were destitute. They had no money for food or shelter and many turned to extra-legal means to get it. Two popular methods were extortion, and running drugs.

2) DeGauule's invocation of Article 16 of the French Constitution.

When DeGaulle swept into power in 1958 and overthrew the Fourth Republic, France also got a new constitution. Under certain conditions, Article 16 allowed the President to invoke a national emergency and allocating all powers including judicial to the President. Due process was suspended. After the General's Putsch in April of 1961, DeGaulle invoked Article 16. When Souetre was tried in December of 1961, he was given a three-year suspended sentence, but was immediately placed in Administrative detention for an indefinite period, and confined to a prison camp in southern France. I've seen pictures of the camp. It was bleak to say the least. He led an 18-man prison break out of the camp in February, 1962. 10 men were immdediately re-captured, but 8 managed to escape. Souetre fled to Spain. I believe that this extra-judicial move left him embittered. You can see it reflected in pictures of him pre-1962 and post-1962. In earlier pictures, he is smiling and happy. After his imprisonment, he is dour and morose.

David Andrews said, “Yet De Gaulle speculated that Allen Dulles and CIA supported the OAS assassination plotting.

To David I would say, “more than Helms, take a look at a man Irving Brown.

This is from the Fensterwald memo:

See p. 30 of this Gary Shaw FOIA litigation

for a man named “Brown” who was the CIA Station Chief in Paris.

Russ Holmes Work File

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=6060&search=Torjmann#relPageId=30&tab=page

http://www.xiconhoca.org/PDF/DDeRoux/Apossiblefrenchconnection.pdf

Just Chillin on History

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

PART 1 OF 3: THE GREAT HEROIN COUP-DRUGS,INTELLIGENCE @INTERNATIONAL FASCISM

There is the example of George White, an FBN official and former OSS agent who testified to the Kefauver Committee that he had been approached on behalf of Luciano in 1943 by an old China trafficker, August del Grazio.[59] White worked closely with the CIA in the postwar years and (under FBN cover) ran one of their LSD experiments in Project MK/ULTRA.

By the time of White's visit to Marseilles, the CIA and AFL organizer Irving Brown were already subsidizing the use of Corsican and Italian gangsters to oust Communist unions from the Marseilles port. Brown's CIA case officer, Paul Sakwa, has confirmed that by the time CIA subsidies were terminated in 1953, Brown's chief contact with the Marseilles underworld, Pierre Ferri Pisani, no longer needed U.S. support, because of the profits his newly gained control of the port supplied from the heroin traffic.”

http://alchetron.com/Irving-Brown-775007-W

Established in France, he (Irving Brown) headed the international relations of the AFL-CIO from his offices at 10, rue de la Paix in Paris. From 1951 to 1954, the CIA division headed by Thomas Braden provided $1 million a year to Brown and Lovestone ($1,600,000 in 1954).

In 1952 he was in Helsinki, supporting the unionists who had decided to vote to quit the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), then mainly composed of Communist unions.

During the Algerian War, he subsidized the Algerian National Movement (MNA), founded by Messali Hadj to oppose the National Liberation Front (FLN).”

I don't know if this is the same “Brown who was the Station Chief in Paris” I don't know who the Station Chief in Paris was., but you've got this mix of trade unionists, the stay behind network, and heroin smuggling going on.

Steve Thomas

• 2 months later...