The Education Forum

Cambridge News comments on the "mystery call" 25 mins previous to K's murder - Michael Eddowes

Glenn Nall

If the call is really made, it of course would prove a conspiracy. Same goes for the Rose Cheramie claims of course. And is believe there are more stories like this.  Also the case of Richard Nagell. But that would also mean quite a lot of people were involved on a conspiracy / cover up. Or there should be one person (or a few persons) who could be linked to all these people. 

I am pretty sure this guy is deliberately clouding things.

Many years ago, as I recall that someone actually talked to the reporter who took the call.  It happened.

Ron Ecker would know.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• 4 years later...
On 11/5/2017 at 5:09 PM, James DiEugenio said:

I am pretty sure this guy is deliberately clouding things.

Many years ago, as I recall that someone actually talked to the reporter who took the call.  It happened.

Ron Ecker would know.

Over four years since your above post Jim, but would greatly appreciate if you could dig out the info to confirm the Cambridge News phone call really did happen.

I have found it strange that the Cambridge News never printed any story of this phone call.  Also, former Cambridge News editor Keith Whetstone, who was working at the paper in '63 considered this a fictitious story.  He also added that he traced twelve members of staff who were employed by the English newspaper at the time and none of them knew anything about the telephone call.  Further, former senior reporter Jock Gillespie said, "There's no way that would have happened without being talked about.  That's been a windup, are you sure it isn't Cambridge, Massachusetts they are talking about?"