The Education Forum

The Warren Commission And Their Ego

Because Dallas happened before Watergate AND because the WC thought they would never have to explain their ineptitude or willful negligence we have countless leads to chase. I read the 26 volumes twice and that was enough to convince me there was a conspiracy. Your mileage may vary.

2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

The Warren Commission And Their Ego ....

Because Dallas happened before Watergate AND because the WC thought they would never have to explain their ineptitude or willful negligence[,] we have countless leads to chase. I read the 26 volumes twice and that was enough to convince me there was a conspiracy. Your mileage may vary.

It does....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/09/warren-commission-objectives.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/warren-commission-got-it-right.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/index.html#The-Warren-Commission

Edited by David Von Pein

I've always thought that is was possible to disagree without being disagreeable!

6 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

I've always thought that is was possible to disagree without being disagreeable!

Was my two-word post --- "It does" --- too "disagreeable" for you, Evan?

Or were you just speaking in general terms and not to anyone in particular? ~shrug~

Edited by David Von Pein

I was a Detroit cop for 20 years. You haven't even scratched disagreeable

Evan:

When DVP quotes Vince Bugliosi's thoroughly discredited book to counter your argument then you won.

http://skyhorsepublishing.com/titles/13985-9781510739833-jfk-assassination

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, Evan Marshall said:

I was a Detroit cop for 20 years. You haven't even scratched disagreeable

Thank you.

So, at whom were you aiming your second post above? Anybody in particular?

Edited by David Von Pein

Since I'm neither charging for information or collecting dues I have no need to explain or justify anything.

Edited by Evan Marshall

OK. Whatever. Doesn't matter a whit to me what you do.

I guess I'll just continue to ~shrug~ in bewilderment at yet another murky and cloudy post penned by a JFK conspiracy theorist. (Nothing new there, of course.)

Edited by David Von Pein

7 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Because Dallas happened before Watergate AND because the WC thought they would never have to explain their ineptitude or willful negligence we have countless leads to chase. I read the 26 volumes twice and that was enough to convince me there was a conspiracy. Your mileage may vary.

Evan,

It's interesting that you've read the 26 volumes of the Warren Commission -- not many people have done that.  I've also done that in the past quarter century, and here's my take on it:

1.  All of Lee Harvey Oswald's family told the truth in their WC testimony.   This includes Marina Oswald.

2.  All of the Russian Emigre's told the truth in their WC testimony.   At the worst, George De Mohrenschildt held back on matters he knew but nobody asked him about those.

3.  All of the childhood character witnesses of Lee Harvey Oswald told the truth.   

4.  All the Marines from El Toro base told the truth about LHO.   

5.  Silvia Odio told the truth.

6.  All of the authorities from Washington DC told the truth -- with the exception of J. Edgar Hoover -- who knew very well that Lee Harvey Oswald was never the Lone Gunman -- but for reasons of National Security, held the truth back (with the full knowledge of Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren).

7.   All of the medical witnesses in the WC volumes knew the truth -- but were forbidden to tell that truth by the FBI and the Supreme Court.  They danced around it.

8.  The most vile lies in the WC begin with the Dallas Officials.   The Dallas Police.  The Dallas Sheriff.  The Dallas Deputies.   The Dallas Mayor.  The Dallas Postal Inspector.  The Dallas FBI.   The Dallas Secret Service.   There are more lies in their WC testimony than anybody has counted in the past half-century.

9.  The lies in the WC continue with the Radical Right in Dallas.    General Walker.   Robert Allen Surrey.   Bernie Weissman.   Warren Reynolds.  Robert Krause and Revilo P. Oliver.   

The liars in the WC volumes form the core of the JFK Assassination, in my reading.

Best regards,
--Paul  

Edited by Paul Trejo

10 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Because Dallas happened before Watergate AND because the WC thought they would never have to explain their ineptitude or willful negligence we have countless leads to chase.

That's an important and intelligent statement 

On 6/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, Evan Marshall said:

Because Dallas happened before Watergate AND because the WC thought they would never have to explain their ineptitude or willful negligence we have countless leads to chase.

I agree, Evan. To quote from from Jim DiEugenio's new book which quotes novelist Walter Scott: "when we 'practice to deceive,' we sometimes build a tangled web that is difficult to navigate." Also, I doubt that the Warren Commission anticipated the new digital technologies that would eventually take all of this research to a new level. The more time that goes by, the more ridiculous their lies appear to be. But it will take a lot more work to show the public how much of what happened was tied to Kennedy's anti-colonialist foreign policy. I think that represents the next step.

Well, I think it is a bit of a stretch to say everyone from certain  groups told the truth. One thing I learned working Detroit Homicide twice was that people lie for all sorts of reasons AND every witness has at least a speck of gold in their observations and sometimes you hit the mother lode.

I'm afraid, however, just like the WC, too many critics are driven by ego and the old "I know something you don't know!" position.