The Education Forum

Alpha 66 and US Army

He goes into considerable detail as to when and where he feels it occurred including the cash payment that he feels was involved. He was not a personal participant in the meeting itself.   One of the things he brings out in the book is that it was not unusual for Hunt to make cash payments as part of a fall back when something of national importance appeared to jeopardize the political attacks he had been making in his radio show...at the point where it might blow back and begin to affect revenues.

At this point in time there are probably enough books and enough stories to give anyone pause about virtually anything...and more will no doubt be forthcoming....  I should note that the idea of a Hunt meeting with Marina and a payment to her is something that has been circulating for a very long time...decades...

Steve, check past threads on the Forum.  A Hunt-Marina meeting some weeks after the assassination has been discussed here before, as some figure in the Hunt orbit claimed he saw Marina received at Hunt's office.  I couldn't tell you if it were true or not, nor speculate on the substance of the meeting.

Edited by David Andrews

On 12/20/2018 at 8:42 AM, Larry Hancock said:

Hunt's aide (Curington) has a new book out and has spoken to researcher (he spoke at the CAPA event in Dallas). He makes it clear that he was familiar with Hunt's daily moments, that Hunt did not leave town immediately after the assassination and he makes no mention of any Hunt meeting other than with Marina Oswald.

Larry,

I don't often quote Bugliosi, but...

Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy

https://books.google.com/books?id=q1VJAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA1265&dq=Did+Hunt+leave+town+after+JFK%27s+assassination?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjml8HS7a7fAhXPoYMKHaNHAUQQ6AEILjAB#v=onepage&q=Did%20Hunt%20leave%20town%20after%20JFK's%20assassination%3F&f=false

Page 1265

I'm sorry, the online version of the book I was looking at does not provide the footnotes for this citation, so I don't know where Bugliosi got that information

However...

Welcome Mr. Kennedy to Dallas” by Harry Hurt III

Texas Monthly Magazine April, 1981

Pages 246-247

https://books.google.com/books?id=ySwEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA151&dq=%22Paul+Rothermel%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP4Jfz767fAhWJilQKHZyIDvQQ6AEIMjAC#v=onepage&q=%22Paul%20Rothermel%22&f=false

(In his article, Hurt does not say that Hunt actually left town).

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

8 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Steve, check past threads on the Forum.  A Hunt-Marina meeting some weeks after the assassination has been discussed here before, as some figure in the Hunt orbit claimed he saw Marina received at Hunt's office.  I couldn't tell you if it were true or not, nor speculate on the substance of the meeting.

David,

Thank you. For some reason I got the impression this meeting was the day of the assassination.

Larry, I can see Hunt giving out money as a "fall back" to prevent "blow back".

Steve Thomas

5 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

David,

Thank you. For some reason I got the impression this meeting was the day of the assassination.

Larry, I can see Hunt giving out money as a "fall back" to prevent "blow back".

Steve Thomas

I had thought that the previous reported Marina-Hunt sighting (before Currington) happened after the FBI was through with Marina.  Again - explore the back threads.

He sent me a copy of the book which I cannot seem to put my hands on at the moment...my recollection was that the meeting was sometime in the week or two following the assassination; certainly not that day  I should also be clear that the blowback I mentioned was financial in regard to his radio program and product sales.  He had immediately ordered all further recorded broadcasts which attacked JFK (which were rather common) and his policies to be canceled. Hunt was very aggressive about politics...as long as they helped and did not hurt sales.  Reportedly he did the same thing after the assassination of MLK.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ralph-thomas/is-there-evidence-and-links-that-implicate-h-l-hunt-in-the-assassination-of-jfk/10156538526677350/

"In the new book by JOHN CURINGTON called H.L. Hunt: Motive & Opportunity , CURINGTON confirms a long known rumor that MARINA OSWALD had been delivered to Hunt’s office just days after the assassination. She arrived in a black limousine that had US government tags. What she was doing there is unknown. At this time period, MARINA OSWALD had been under the protective custody of the Secret Service. According to CURINGTON, MARINA OSWALD was in the HUNT offices for some 20 minutes. Since H. L. HUNT had supposed to have been in Mexico, this is somewhat puzzling. However, there is the possability that HUNT could of covertly snuck back to Dallas and into his office or that MARINA OSWALD had a meeting with another HUNT aid. In later material, a letter is exposed written at a later date concerning an interview with MARINA OSWALD. The MARINA OSWALD visit to the HUNT offices just a few days after the assassination is both highly mysterious and highly suspicious as to exactly what was going on and why she was there. "

Steve Thomas

• 1 month later...

So anti-JFK Hunt or his people decided after the assassination to have a meeting with the lone assassin's widow in order to mitigate potential criticism from pro-JFK folks? That doesn't seem to make sense. Seems to me if you don't want to bring attention to your previous anti-JFK positions, you don't go around making contact with the killer's widow. And how exactly would this criticism-mitigating pr plan work if the meeting is kept secret?