The Education Forum

Edwin Walker

Jim Root

In my developing theory, Walker's involvement in the JFK assassination was not a hot-headed, individualistic act of rage -- rather, it was a hot-headed collective act of rage.

Walker was the spearhead, I believe, of a larger grass-roots movement of Southern politics that had attained circulation in the North because of the Cuban Crisis. I'm speaking here of the White Citizens' Councils that are an under-recognized feature of the history of 1955-1965, but looms large in both the South and the North.

Edwin Walker was filmed by the WCC, probably in their Congressional studio in Washington DC, in a 15-minute propaganda broadcast to be distributed on a nationwide network of television stations. (I am currently researching the tapes -- there may have been more than one appearance by Edwin Walker in their 132 filmed programs.)

The WCC, or "Citizens' Councils" for short, spread the message of white-supremacy through the white-collar images of highly-educated people, professional men, doctors, lawyers, Governors, Congressmen and even some Senators like Strom Thurmond.

The argument they settled on was "States' Rights" and the alleged Constitutional justification of white-supremacy under the rubric of States' Rights. They got a lot of traction with this.

Although I can't find any direct racist remarks by Edwin Walker in any film I've seen so far that features him, or in any of his copyrighted speeches, I certainly find several defenses of States' Rights in his speeches.

Anyway, this is my current focus on ex-General Edwin Walker, as I'm currently engaged in a search of the Mississippi archives for film footage of Walker there. My ultimate goal is to find enough original footage on Walker to make a solid documentary. (If you have seen my web site at www.pet880.com recently, I updated it this month.)

Although Walker had plenty of personal reasons to attack the Kennedys after their clash at Ole Miss in September, 1962, Walker would not act alone. He surrounded himself with allies at the grass-roots level. We find him almost entirely in association with groups like the WCC, the JBS and the Minutemen. All these groups knew Dallas like the backs of their hands.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I can't find any direct racist remarks by Edwin Walker in any film I've seen so far that features him, or in any of his copyrighted speeches, I certainly find several defenses of States' Rights in his speeches.

In April, 1965 a "congress of conservatives" convened at the Sheraton-Chicago hotel. At a dinner on Friday night, Robert Welch was honored in memory

of the late Joseph McCarthy. Welch gave a speech that touched upon "Communist plans to set up a Soviet Negro republic in the Dixie states."

According to an article Ebony Magazine on White Hate Groups, Edwin Walker was also at that "congress." Although many of the sessions were closed,

Walker "told the conventioneers that 'there are more good Americans in the Ku Klux Klan' than in the Americans for Democratic Action."

According to the Chicago Tribune, Walker got into an altercation and slapped an ex-GI that was in the audience.

http://news.google.c...J&pg=7351,52221

http://books.google.... walker&f=false

http://pqasb.pqarchi...el&pqatl=google

I think, even in the absence of any direct proof in his writings or speeches, that Walker was a nazi and therefore a racist.

I agree that it's possible, Paul B., because Walker's closest companion from 1962-1964 was a card-carrying member of the ANP. However, for historical purposes, I am searching for direct quotations from Edwin Walker to prove the case.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

...According to an article Ebony Magazine on White Hate Groups, Edwin Walker..."told the conventioneers that 'there are more good Americans in the Ku Klux Klan' than in the Americans for Democratic Action." ...

Thank you, Michael for the promising start. Yet that statement is ambiguous -- it can be interpreted as saying that there are no good Americans in the ADA, and maybe one good American in the KKK. It isn't really a ringing praise of the KKK.

I'm hoping to find something Edwin Walker said that reminds us of George Wallace's famous rally cry: "segregation today; segregation tomorrow; segregation forever!" (and the crowd goes wild).

When I can find examples of ex-General Edwin Walker saying something like that, something that directly expresses opposition to the advancement of colored Americans, I'll be satisfied.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

...According to an article Ebony Magazine on White Hate Groups, Edwin Walker..."told the conventioneers that 'there are more good Americans in the Ku Klux Klan' than in the Americans for Democratic Action." ...

Thank you, Michael for the promising start. Yet that statement is ambiguous -- it can be interpreted as saying that there are no good Americans in the ADA, and maybe one good American in the KKK. It isn't really a ringing praise of the KKK.

I'm hoping to find something Edwin Walker said that reminds us of George Wallace's famous rally cry: "segregation today; segregation tomorrow; segregation forever!" (and the crowd goes wild).

When I can find examples of ex-General Edwin Walker saying something like that, something that directly expresses opposition to the advancement of colored Americans, I'll be satisfied.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

I agree, a statement out of context like that one can be quite ambiguous. But given the occasion and Walker's audience I would not favor that offered interpretation.

If Walker ever gave verifiable ringing praise to the Ku Klux Klan, odds are you would have read about it by now.

That Ebony magazine article reported that "Lester Maddox received the largest ovation of all from the Northern audience when he said: "We need George Wallace in the White House."

Certainly that convention was a newsworthy event. Since Welch was a featured speaker, there may be accounts in JBS (or other) literature. Since overtly racist statements by Walker have been so elusive for you, it might be productive see if anything else exists on the record about that gathering. Walker apparently was a speaker; it's probably hoping too much that a transcript exists. If it did, historians would have seized on it long ago.

Certainly, the convention seemed to have a racist bent. Medford Evans, "the Citizens' Council resident PHD," gave a speech titled Civil Rights Myths and Communist Realities. http://books.google.... walker&f=false

Paul, I know you are familiar with Evans and his associations with Walker:

Oddly enough, In 1967 Evans presented a conservative view of conspiracy in the Kennedy Assassination in an article for American Opinion titled Coup d'Etat.

The entire article is fascinating reading. I'm certain you've seen it.

Evans wrote;

"I do know this: that General Walker told me personally by long-distance telephone in June of 1967 that evidence is available to establish that Oswald was picked up between 9:00 P.M. and midnight, April 10, 1963 (the shooting occurred that night at 9:00) and was released. I have known General Walker six years. I worked for the Federal Government six years. I have never known General Walker to lie. I cannot say the same for the Government.

http://karws.gso.uri...Coup_dEtat.html

Edited by Michael Hogan

...Paul, I know you are familiar with Evans and his associations with Walker:

Oddly enough, In 1967 Evans presented a conservative view of conspiracy in the Kennedy Assassination in an article for American Opinion titled Coup d'Etat. The entire article is fascinating reading. I'm certain you've seen it.

Evans wrote;

"I do know this: that General Walker told me personally by long-distance telephone in June of 1967 that evidence is available to establish that Oswald was picked up between 9:00 P.M. and midnight, April 10, 1963 (the shooting occurred that night at 9:00) and was released. I have known General Walker six years. I worked for the Federal Government six years. I have never known General Walker to lie. I cannot say the same for the Government.

http://karws.gso.uri...Coup_dEtat.html

This is a very interesting quotation, Michael, because it echoes words from H.L. Hunt in 1966 in his Playboy interview. In that interview, Playboy asked Hunt about Joachim Joesten's accusation that H.L. Hunt wanted JFK dead to protect his oil depletion allowance (which he had been using to finance his Life Line rightist radio program and the John Birch Society and possibly the Minutemen), H.L. Hunt answered as follows:

H.L. HUNT: "Before the 1960 elections the Kennedys were in the oil business. Congress, rather than the President, formulates the law applicable to oil products. I was never apprehensive about President Kennedy's attitude. I had never heard of Oswald. After the assassination, I heard that the Justice Department had caused previous charges against Oswald to be dropped, which made it possible for him to be available to shoot anyone he might decide to shoot."

Now, this mythology, that Oswald was arrested on 10 April 1963 for the Walker shooting, and then released at midnight by RFK, was a story that Edwin Walker made up on the night of the JFK shooting, and he told a German newspaper at 7am the next morning. He told that story many, many times during the next 30 years, too.

Here is the 1963 headline from the German article -- this was the object of an FBI investigation and it came out in the Warren Commission volumes:

http://www.pet880.co...d_DNZeitung.jpg

Here's another example from 1968, on the eve of the RFK assassination. The final paragraph repeats the same mythology:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19680612_RFK_released_Oswald.pdf

Near the end of his life, Walker was still peddling the same story, here in 1991-1992:

http://www.pet880.co...ld_arrested.pdf

I knew H.L. Hunt repeated the story, but thanks for pointing out that Medford Evans also repeated that story.

Till the end of his life, Walker was certain that Oswald was accompanied by a second shooter. In February of 1964 he sent an agent named, "Morse" (or perhaps "Morris") to ask Marina Oswald for more information about the 10 April 1963 shooting. "Morse" explained, "because Walker is very anxious that the second shooter is still at large."

Be that as it may, I am impressed that Walker, Hunt and Evans continually connected Oswald and Walker with the assassination of JFK.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 1 month later...

US Army Major General Edwin Anderson Walker (1909-1993) graduated from West Point in 1931 at the bottom 10% of his class. Walker was apparently loyal throughout World War Two and the Korean War, and he returned to the USA in 1954. This was the same year that the Southern USA initiated a massive resistance against the Supreme Court Brown v. The Board of Education decision to racially integrate all US public schools.

In 1957, because of massive riots in Arkansas over the issue, President Eisenhower selected General Walker to keep the peace and racially integrate Little Rock High School. Walker obeyed because he was a soldier, but he also spoke his protest -- forcing people to racially integrate under military force is a bizarre interpretation of Liberty. Still, he obeyed, and he successfully integrated Little Rock with armed troops and a moving speech.

From 1957 to 1959, Walker remained in Arkansas, overseeing the troops and suppressing race violence in Little Rock and adjoining towns. Yet during this same time, Walker's politics visibly changed farther to the right.

The White Citizens' Councils in the South had 250,000 members, consisting not of typical KKK thugs, but of doctors, bankers, lawyers, Congressmen and Governors. It's my theory that from 1957 to 1959, the White Citizens' Councils directly targeted General Walker with an intensive conversion campaign. At the forefront of this campaign, IMHO, were three key individuals: H.L. Hunt, Billy James Hargis, and Robert Welch.

H.L. Hunt (1889-1974) had a right-wing radio program called Life Line, in which he railed against Communism on a continual basis. He might be considered the Rush Limbaugh of his day. In time he handed his program over to Dan Smoot for a long while. Part of the Southern version of Anticommunism was its claim that the Civil Rights movement was Communist -- that is, equal rights for Black Americans must be denied on the basis that Russia would benefit from this somehow. This gambit was an extremely widespread and successful argument in the Southern States.

Robert Welch (1899-1985) worked for his brother's candy factory, and retired a wealthy man in 1956. He had supported Senator Joseph McCarthy for US President, and was devastated when McCarthy died young. After he retired, he built upon McCarthy's ideas and founded the John Birch Society in 1958 with eleven members using his so-called Black Book, which charged President Eisenhower of being a Communist. (This was well before the appearance of his famous Blue Book.)

Billy James Hargis (1925-2004) was a teen-age evangelist prodigy who started his own radio program at a young age and found that Anticommunist sermons made his ratings go up. At a young age he joined Reverend Carl McIntire and his "American Council of Churches" which he set up in opposition to the official "National Council of Churches" which had argued that Black people are equal in God's eyes. McIntire was a zealous racist who worked ceaselessly to keep the Churches segregated. (McIntire and Hargis made headlines in 1953 when they launched a million hydrogen ballons bearing biblical passages over East Germany and the Soviet bloc. Hargis then started the Christian Crusade and became a self-made millionaire as a zealous supporter of the White Citizens' Council call for race segregation in all aspects of life.

I believe three men convinced General Walker to resign from the US Army -- and even forfeit his US Army pension -- on the following grounds: (1) that President Eisenhower and his cabinet were all Communists, so Walker should not work for them; and (2) Walker could follow their footsteps and become a successful public speaker, and earn far more money as an Anticommunist public speaker than he could ever receive from his pitiful Army pension.

Evidence suggests that General Walker listened to Life Line on a regular basis. Also, his mother listened to the Christian Crusade on a regular basis, and she wrote to Walker on a frequent basis. Finally, we have written correspondence between Walker and Robert Welch in late 1959.

In 1959, then, General Edwin Walker submitted his first resignation to the Eisenhower administration. Eisenhower rejected that resignation, and offered General Walker a command in Augsburg, Germany. Walker then withdrew his resignation and accepted Eisenhower's offer with the secret goal of promoting the John Birch Society to his troops.

General Walker wanted to be on the front lines of the Anticommunist movement, yet his limited education evidently stunted his perception so that he believed the propaganda of subversive rightist Robert Welch, who claimed that Communists had overtaken Washington, DC.

General Walker moved conspicuously closer to the neo-Nazi movement in the USA and in Germany from 12/1959 to 4/1961 when he commanded the 24th Infantry Division in Augsburg, Germany. In 1960 Walker made friends with former Nazi journalist Dr. Gerhard Frey and his subordinate journalists of the of the Deutsche Nationalzeitung.

On the same day as the Bay of Pigs invasion, 17 April 1961, Overseas Weekly reporters attacked Walker for his massive push of John Birch Society propaganda to US troops in Germany, and for dictating who they should vote for. This caused a scandal, and the JFK administration immediately transferred Walker to a non-commanding post. Walker submitted his resignation on 1 November 1961 -- again forfeiting his pension -- and JFK accepted his resignation.

Without a pension -- and without any visible means of support -- General Walker moved into a large house in the Oak Lawn neighborhood in Dallas. He took a free office in an oil company skyscraper, and began writing his first copyrighted speech. In mid-December, 1961, citizen Edwin Walker gave his first speech to the NIC (National Indignation Convention) in Dallas. The auditorium was packed, and Walker received several standing ovations. He could speak effectively to the choir.

In early 1962, as a matter of record, H.L. Hunt financed Walker's campaign for Texas Governor. Walker continued to write and deliver speeches in the South to thunderous applause and rightist acclaim. He always promised his audiences that his name would be vindicated in the forthcoming Senate Subcommittee Hearings on Military Preparedness organized by Senator Strom Thurmond, the famous Dixiecrat candidate.

When those meetings came and went however, Walker had proved that although he could preach to the choir, he could not speak effectively when he was being challenged or questioned in any way. He appeared clumsy, and even paranoid at times. When the Texas gubernatorial elections came, Walker finished in last place. H.L. Hunt said, "Of course he finished last -- he refused to listen to me."

In the summer of 1962 the USA faced the Cuban Missile Crisis. This was also coupled by a racial crisis at Ole Miss University, as James Meredith, Air Force veteran, inspired by Medgar Evers, NAACP officer, insisted on being the first black student at Ole Miss. Governor Ross Barnett insisted that this would never happen -- ever. Walker -- badly bruised by his recent losses, pushed himself into the headlines again, and went on the radio to call for "ten thousand strong from every State in the Union" to join him in Jackson, Mississippi for a protest rally in Oxford, Mississippi.

Just as Eisenhower thought it was correct to send armed troops to Arkansas in 1957 to enforce the Law of racial equality, so did JFK choose to send armed troops to Oxford in 1962. Edwin Walker was the star of the show in both of these national cases. There was a bloody riot in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed. JFK and RFK had Walker arrested and sent to an insane asylum. But in five days Walker emerged, more ferocious than ever.

In November, 1962, Walker began his hearings in a Grand Jury in Mississippi for "insurrection". By January 1963, Walker was fully acquitted. In February, 1963. Walker went on a coast-to-coast speaking tour with Billy James Hargis, preaching the evils of Communism, of the UN, of the Kennedy administration, of the Supreme Court, and of racial integration. Walker said of Ole Miss, "I am not sorry and I would do it again."

One day after Walker returned from his long speaking tour in early April, 1963, he was surprised when somebody tried to shoot him in his own living room using a high-powered rifle from the alley behind his house on 4011 Turtle Creek Blvd in Dallas.

That somebody, said Marina Oswald in early December, 1963, to the surprise of the world, was Lee Harvey Oswald.

Oddly, several days before Marina's confession; actually only 18 hours after the assassination of JFK, ex-General Edwin Walker would call the Deutsche Nationalzeitung and boast that the same man who killed JFK just the afternoon before, was also the same man who tried to kill Walker back in April. (One wonders how Walker might have known this.)

Evidence for all these events can be found on my website at www.pet880.com which contains over a thousand artifacts from Edwin Walker's personal papers, obtained from the Briscoe Center for American History.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Guest Robert Morrow

" In mid-December, 1961, citizen Edwin Walker gave his first speech to the NIC (National Indignation Convention) in Dallas. The auditorium was packed, and Walker received several standing ovations. He could speak effectively to the choir."

At this exact same time Walter Reuther was sending a memorandum, dated Dec. 19, 1961, with a checklist of ways to battle the right wing. Arguably, part of this suggested program was a stifling of free speech and persecution of political opponents.

And one of the biggest targets on Reuther's hit list check list was the media empire of H.L. Hunt.

On the other hand Reuther was prescient in stating right off the bat: "1. The radical right inside the Armed Services presents an immediateand special problem requiring immediate and special measures"

I believe that indeed, 2 years later, the radical right within US military intelligence and CIA, in collusion with Vice President Lyndon Johnson and the outside shadow government of Texas oil executives, murdered John Kennedy.

Google "The Reuther Memorandum - December 19, 1961" or go here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/31124491/The-Reuther-Memorandum-Precusor-to-the-Ideological-Organizations-Audit-Project-Created-by-President-John-F-Kennedy-and-Attorney-General-Robert-Kenn

Post assassination Lyndon Johnson made a concerted effort to co-opt the Left and one of the things he did was meet with Walter Reuther and pledge to give him an open door policy of access to the White House. LBJ was neutralizing political enemies who could cast a suspicious eye on his role (and everyone else's) in the JFK assassination.

H.L. Hunt was a longtime supporter of LBJ; H.L. Hunt was in Los Angeles at the Democratic convention in support of Lyndon Johnson. Yet in the immediate aftermath of the JFK assassination, Lyndon Johnson is cuddling up with the types of Walter Reuther, a mortal enemy of H.L. Hunt and the radical right. And the reason for that is what I have stated: to neutralize the Left post JFK assassination.

...Walter Reuther was sending a memorandum, dated Dec. 19, 1961, with a checklist of ways to battle the right wing. Arguably, part of this suggested program was a stifling of free speech and persecution of political opponents.

And one of the biggest targets on Reuther's hit list check list was the media empire of H.L. Hunt.

On the other hand Reuther was prescient in stating right off the bat: "1. The radical right inside the Armed Services presents an immediateand special problem requiring immediate and special measures"

I believe that indeed, 2 years later, the radical right within US military intelligence and CIA, in collusion with Vice President Lyndon Johnson and the outside shadow government of Texas oil executives, murdered John Kennedy.

Google "The Reuther Memorandum - December 19, 1961" or go here: http://www.scribd.co...ral-Robert-Kenn

Post assassination Lyndon Johnson made a concerted effort to co-opt the Left and one of the things he did was meet with Walter Reuther and pledge to give him an open door policy of access to the White House. LBJ was neutralizing political enemies who could cast a suspicious eye on his role (and everyone else's) in the JFK assassination.

H.L. Hunt was a longtime supporter of LBJ; H.L. Hunt was in Los Angeles at the Democratic convention in support of Lyndon Johnson. Yet in the immediate aftermath of the JFK assassination, Lyndon Johnson is cuddling up with the types of Walter Reuther, a mortal enemy of H.L. Hunt and the radical right. And the reason for that is what I have stated: to neutralize the Left post JFK assassination.

Robert, I agree with much of your assessment -- yet I still don't find enough hard evidence to accuse LBJ of participation in a plot to kill JFK.

I'm glad you brought up Walter Reuther's 19 December 1961 memo to the Kennedy White House that stressed the right-wing problem. It was, and still is a problem, that the US right-wing undermines the USA by accusing its leaders of Communism. It started with Joe McCarthy in 1950, and it hit a high point with the John Birch Society in Augsburg, Germany under General Walker in 1961.

Walker often referred to the Walter Reuther memo, which he took as a personal attack. For one thing -- Walker was a personal beneficiary of H.L. Hunt.

As for Reuther's worry about the "radical right inside the Armed Services," there can be little doubt he was partly referring to ex-General Edwin Walker, who had resigned only six weeks before that memo, and was getting lots of press coverage at that time.

The Kennedys were also worried about the enormous crowds and tremendous ovations that Walker received from the radical right, and the Kennedys offered to allow film-maker John Frankenheimer access to the White House itself so he could film Seven Days In May (released 1964).

In this movie, actor Burt Lancaster portrayed a US military General who led a plot to overthrow the President -- and his character was modeled on the character of General Edwin Walker. The movie shows the General addressing huge crowds with simple speeches about patriotism, and receiving thunderous applause and standing ovations.

JFK himself chose to take on the John Birch Society directly, a full month before the Walter Reuther memo. On 18 November 1961, JFK addressed the Democrats in Los Angeles. JFK said:

...They look suspiciously at their neighbors and their leaders. They call for "a man on horseback" because they do not trust the people. They find treason in our churches, in our highest court, in our treatment of water. They equate the Democratic Party with the welfare state, the welfare state with socialism, socialism with communism. They object quite rightly to politics intruding on the military - but they are very anxious for the military to engage in their kind of politics...

I believe that most Americans -- LBJ included -- supported this moderate thinking that JFK expressed so well. I personally believe that although hot-heads among retired US military were supportive of ex-General Walker and the right-wing, we will not find proof of a plot by the US military, nor by the CIA, nor by LBJ to kill JFK.

I do believe that people close to these agencies were involved. From the evidence I've read, seeing how closely Walker worked with H.L. Hunt over the years, I believe that H.L. Hunt was a prime mover in a Walker-led conspiracy. Also, Cuban Exiles were probably involved, as were members of the Dallas Police Department who were at the same time members of the Minutemen, the John Birch Society and the KKK, and other members of these groups were involved.

I believe, along with Jim Garrison, that Guy Banister (ex-FBI) and David Ferrie, working with Eladio Del Valle, Carlos Bringuier and Ed Butler, expertly framed Lee Harvey Oswald. I can accept the testimony of Gerry Patrick Hemming that there were underground arms deals that involved the CIA and FBI to funnel arms to raids against Cuba -- raids involving Loran Hall and Larry Howard (to name a few) as well as ex-General Walker as their supporterl.

Yet I cannot find a plot in the CIA itself -- at most I find CIA contractor-gophers and wannabees, like Frank Sturgis. Although I'm impressed by E. Howard Hunt's deathbed confession, it is not as simple as it might sound. Just because E.H. Hunt named LBJ at the top of his list -- that might mean many things.

For example, no patriot can act without perceived direct orders from a Commander in Chief. In order for any actual CIA officers (as opposed to their hired gunmen like Sturgis, Morales and Veciana) to turn on JFK, they would need to mock-up on their organization charts that LBJ was their "real" Commander-in-Chief. Thus Hunt could "blame" LBJ for killing JFK, when in fact Hunt further explains that rogue CIA agents -- not acting from orders but from personal revenge, beginning with CIA agent Cord Meyer, who hated JFK because JFK had an affair with his ex-wife -- were the top-planners that he could see.

Insofar as David Atlee Philips, CIA agent and Bay of Pigs veteran, might have been involved, he, too, acted out of personal revenge for the Bay of Pigs, and not in response to official orders. The same can be said about William Harvey. Yet what role did they actually play? Did they actually go to Dallas and shoot? Did they dress up like Dallas Policemen? Or did they lend financial support and secret hide-outs, secret gun shipments and the like? Did they cooperate with one of the dozens of plots that was already under way?

I agree that the US Government under LBJ did not pursue the conspirators, but pinned the full blame on Lee Harvey Oswald. Yet, until I receive new information, I will continue to maintain that there was a good reason for this -- National Security; to avoid Civil War -- and that LBJ ensured that the conspirators would not realize their principal purpose -- the invasion of Cuba.

LBJ probably knew that H.L. Hunt was involved, yet H.L. Hunt would not be brought to justice in his lifetime. Still, this does not prove a collusion between LBJ and H.L. Hunt -- but rather the end of their close relationship -- and H.L. Hunt would not see his dream fulfilled -- the USA would not invade Cuba.

I also disagree that LBJ made a special effort to "coopt the Left" after the JFK assassination. Before LBJ entered politics he was an elementary school teacher in a largely Hispanic Texas county. He spoke out for the poor and hard-pressed from his very first days as a supporter of FDR.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated my Walker web site at www.pet880.com to include two nearly-15 minute videos made for TV by the racist, White Citizens' Council of Mississippi in early 1962, featuring interviews of ex-General Edwin Walker.

Some people thought Walker was a stirring speaker (just like Burt Lancaster in the 1964 movie, Seven Days in May, that Beatrice shared with this Forum). Well -- it may be more accurate to say that his message was passionately received -- he himself was a mediocre speaker.

Anyway, now we can see and hear Walker speak for himself in these two interviews put on by the Citizens' Council Forum (CCF).

The CCF tried to make a movie every two weeks, using State funding (from various State Sovereignty Commissions in the South). They even used at-cost TV studios in Washington DC, when they interviewed Congressmen and Governors for their films.

The CCF distributed these films to TV stations nationwide -- at no cost. Their main goal was to reverse the Brown v. The Board of Education ruling which called for racial integration of US public schools. Their twin slogans were: "States Rights!" and "Racial Integrity!"

Now, thanks to the Mississippi Department of History, the public can see and hear two of these programs as they relate directly to ex-General Edwin Walker.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul T

You have done good research on Walker, and cudos for digging up the films. I won't sign in to your website now after the warning posted by Greg Parker. I hope you are able to find more, and look forward to viewing what you have uncovered when I am reassured that your site is safe. You know that I think Walker is a very strong suspect. But I also think you are a bit too wedded to your theory. Specifically, when you say you don't see enough hard evidence to link LBJ to the conspiracy I think you are using a different yardstick to measure his possible involvement than you do with Walker. Likewise with Phillips or Hunt. There is no hard evidence to link any of them to the assassination, but no doubt about their calumny.

I think that all of us seekers of truth should be a bit humble about our personal theories because that is what they are - theories.

Paul T

You have done good research on Walker, and cudos for digging up the films. I won't sign in to your website now after the warning posted by Greg Parker. I hope you are able to find more, and look forward to viewing what you have uncovered when I am reassured that your site is safe. You know that I think Walker is a very strong suspect. But I also think you are a bit too wedded to your theory. Specifically, when you say you don't see enough hard evidence to link LBJ to the conspiracy I think you are using a different yardstick to measure his possible involvement than you do with Walker. Likewise with Phillips or Hunt. There is no hard evidence to link any of them to the assassination, but no doubt about their calumny.

I think that all of us seekers of truth should be a bit humble about our personal theories because that is what they are - theories.

Thanks for your kind words, Paul B.

As for the malware warnings that some people have seen on my web site, I have complained to my host, AT&T, about it. Some people have evidently been hacking my site, trying to bring it down. (Maybe i'm getting too warm?)

AT&T still owes me a solid answer.

As for LBJ, I have read the recent books that try to blame LBJ for the JFK assassination, and I find them to be vapid and unintelligent. Instead of hard evidence, they offer only innuendo, insult and circumstantial evidence -- the same kind of thinking that convicted Lee Harvey Oswald.

Also, those books don't offer their opinions as theories (like I do) but as facts -- which is simply silly. Well -- they want the book sales.

So, no, I'm not using a different measuring yardstick to gauge the degree of involvement in the Dealey Plaza plot. I want hard evidence from all sides, and I won't take weak evidence in any case.

As for Philips and Hunt -- they were CIA agents, so they can be widely suspected and accused of anything at all. We can be certain with regard to David Atlee Philips that he withheld everything he could about Oswald's trip to Mexico -- every scrap of that data was known to Phillips and he refused to share that with the Warren Commission and with the HSCA. So, that is his known calumny. Everything outside of that is mere speculation. (Even Veciana could not swear that Maurice Bishop was David Atlee Philips, so that also remains speculative.)

As for Hunt, until somebody shows me material evidence that he was actually at Dealey Plaza on 22 November 1963, then I will continue to be skeptical about his leadership role in any JFK plot. As far as we know with any certainty, we have witnesses that have him making one of hundreds of secret arms trafficking payoffs to Frank Sturgis and his gun-running pals. Suspicious? Yes. Proof? No.

As for humility -- there is nothing more humble than the word, theory. My research on ex-General Edwin Walker's possible involvement in Dealey Plaza is a theory. Nothing more and nothing less. I operate strictly on a hard-evidence basis.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo