The Education Forum

The Mysterious Life and Death of James McCord

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much Stephanie.

Very much appreciated.

Watching the CNN "TRICKY DICK" series on TV last night and in the Watergate section James McCord is prominently covered.

Amazing documentary.

The secret White House tapes are so damaging, it's hard to believe they were ever allowed to be made.

Wonder what Doug Caddy has to say about the Watergate coverage since he was right there in mix initially?

Every time James McCord's craggy, deep lined, darkly intelligent looking face was shown I couldn't help but imagine look alike actor Gene Hackman portraying McCord in some film.

Hackman pulled off an amazing McCord type performance in his 1998 film "Enemy Of The State."

Image result for james mccord

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 4/13/2019 at 8:45 PM, Stephanie Goldberg said:

Joe and Jim -

Sorry that you're both dealing with health issues.  It's extremely frustrating, and I wish you both nothing but the best whether you're in your golden years, rust or otherwise!   I look forward to reading more from both of you as we go forward with discussions here.

Stephanie, Rob thank you for the kind and thoughtful words.

The foreman of Watergate grand jury No. 1 has been watching the confrontations with another president

Washington Post

April 15, 2019

From the article: Pregelj said his grand jury interacted little with Sirica or the special prosecutor, but grew close to the assistant prosecutors who worked with them day-to-day after they were convened June 5, 1972.

Photo:
James W. McCord Jr. demonstrated how to rig a bugging device in a telephone at a May 1973 hearing. (Charles Del Vecchio/The Washington Post)

After three weeks of hearing routine street and violent crimes, they got the case of the June 17 Watergate burglary. When one burglar — James W. McCord Jr., a former CIA officer providing security for the Nixon campaign — began cooperating, it unraveled a scheme that occupied three grand juries over more than two years.

30 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The foreman of Watergate grand jury No. 1 has been watching the confrontations with another president

Washington Post

April 15, 2019

From the article: Pregelj said his grand jury interacted little with Sirica or the special prosecutor, but grew close to the assistant prosecutors who worked with them day-to-day after they were convened June 5, 1972.

Photo:
James W. McCord Jr. demonstrated how to rig a bugging device in a telephone at a May 1973 hearing. (Charles Del Vecchio/The Washington Post)

After three weeks of hearing routine street and violent crimes, they got the case of the June 17 Watergate burglary. When one burglar — James W. McCord Jr., a former CIA officer providing security for the Nixon campaign — began cooperating, it unraveled a scheme that occupied three grand juries over more than two years.

What a story.

25 of the "Law And Order" President's closest associates went to prison!

25!

The WHOLE Nixon team!

Because they were ALL lying, constitution disrespecting and violating crooks!

And the majority of American voters in 1972 stupidly bought into the mass media manipulated lie and charade that Nixon was a more decent and patriotic "Law And Order" candidate and WW II bomber pilot hero McGovern was somehow this dangerous, disloyal and radical threat.

Watergate revealed the true opposite reality.

To me, the 1972 presidential election exposed the weakness of a majority of Americans in their malleability in accepting highly propagandized false realities when it comes to evaluating candidates in presidential elections.

Doug, in your opinion, did McCord do something good in his opening up and with good intentions?

54 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Washington Post

April 15, 2019

Photo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/the-foreman-of-watergate-grand-jury-no-1-has-been-watching-the-confrontations-with-another-president/2019/04/14/81f2d0a0-519c-11e9-8d28-f5149e5a2fda_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9fe4c0368dae

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, Joe Bauer said:

What a story.

25 of the "Law And Order" President's closest associates went to prison!

25!

The WHOLE Nixon team!

Because they were ALL lying, constitution disrespecting and violating crooks!

And the majority of American voters in 1972 stupidly bought into the mass media manipulated lie and charade that Nixon was a more decent and patriotic "Law And Order" candidate and WW II bomber pilot hero McGovern was somehow this dangerous, disloyal and radical threat.

Watergate revealed the true opposite reality.

To me, the 1972 presidential election exposed the weakness of a majority of Americans in their malleability in accepting highly propagandized false realities when it comes to evaluating candidates in presidential elections.

Doug, in your opinion, did McCord do something good in his opening up and with good intentions?

McCord remains a mystery to me to this day. That said, he was the only one of the original seven defendants that sought me out to thank me for what I had done to protect their legal rights to a fair trial. He did this at the beginning of the first Watergate trial in January 1973. Hunt invited me to an appreciative dinner just before he want to prison in 1975 but at the dinner he never uttered a word of thanks even though I had allowed myself to be held in contempt of court by vicious and venal Judge Sirica to protect his and the other defendants' attorney-client privilege and the Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I talked about this article on McCord for this week's installment of Black Op Radio.

When you google James McCord its on the first page.

When you google death of James McCord its number one.

Again, thanks to Rob and Stephanie for their help.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Well, it took over two weeks but its finally out there and they mention K and K.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/james-mccord-watergate-richard-nixon-impeachment/2019/04/18/id/912397/

BTW, did the Washington Post mention us also?

OMG, the NY Times, the W Post must have mentioned us.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/obituaries/james-mccord-watergate-dead.html

Again, thanks to Rob and Stephanie, Steve Jones and Jerry Policoff.