The Education Forum

The Warren Commission Didn't Believe Seth Kantor Ran Into Jack Ruby At Parkland on 11, 22,1963?

Did Larry Crafard hitch hike out of town ( with just 7 dollars in his pocket ) before his boss blew Oswald's guts out?  Or after?

I see now it was the day before.

He gave Ruby no notice at all.

Didn't feel he owed Ruby any notice. Strange. 

Especially when he knew his boss was under extreme emotional stress.

Walking off his job and hitting the highway with just 7 dollars in his pocket?

Only excuse he gave the WC was that he was concerned because his sister in Michigan hadn't responded to one of his letters as timely as she normally did.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Whatever Ruby shared with Kilgallen, soon enough she told her hairdresser/confidant she had to make a trip to New Orleans which inspired enough fear in her she mentioned arming herself during it.

I believe Ruby more probably mentioned the Mafia and even the powerful Godfather Carlos Marcello to her.

And remember also that Ruby ended up with famed attorney Melvin Belli as his main legal counsel. His attorney through his trial.

You do know that Belli was considered ( or at least rumored) by many to be a Mafia connected attorney don't you?

I personally believe that connection meant a lot more to the Ruby story than is generally reported.

Could be. Or it might be something even more secret than that.

Whatever it was, the planned trip may have cost her her life...

https://arapahoenews.com/12462/uncategorized/dorothy-kilgallen-reporter-cloaked-in-controversy/

"A researcher by the name of Mark Shaw who investigated Kilgallen’s death found that she was under surveillance by the FBI" 

I read one of the books about Dorothy Kilgallen. The only thing I could pick up from her story that would arouse the interest of the FBI would be: her contacts with Ruby, and her remarks about the JFKA in her weekly column. Decide for yourself why that would merit being surveilled by a passel of G-men. 

Carousel Club janitor/roustabout Larry Crafard is a very important key witness regards his boss Jack Ruby's whereabouts the afternoon of the JFKA.

Crafard lived at the Carousel Club.

Slept in former feature stripper Jada's old dressing room.

Crafard lived and worked at the Carousel for approximately two months, right up until the day after JFK was killed. 

At which time he decided to pull $5 from the Carousel Club till, and with another $2 cash in his pocket, simply packed a bag, left the Carousel Club key with the adjoining garage attendant and hit the road out of town hitchhiking.

His destination was his sister's home in Michigan.

Crafard didn't give his distraught boss Jack Ruby any notice. Didn't call him. Didn't leave a note.

Crafard was of course at the Carousel Club the entire day of 11,22,1963. He provided the Warren Commission with a timeline for Ruby's returning to the Carousel Club the afternoon of 11,22,1963.

If you read his testimony Crafard doesn't give an absolutely sure recounting of the exact time Ruby came to the club.

In his first response to his WC questioners about the time of Ruby's arrival Crafard says maybe around 2 or 2:30 pm?

Later that time frame is again not confidently held on to. A possible time of 3:00 PM is even mentioned.

Whatever Ruby's arrival time back at the Carousel...2:30 to 3:00 PM on the day of the assassination, that leaves plenty of time for Ruby to have been present at Parkland Hospital at the time Seth Kantor stated he saw Ruby there and engaged him in brief conversation.

Kantor mentions a Ruby meet up at Parkland hospital time frame as between 1:30 and possibly slightly later?

That leaves plenty of unaccounted for time between Kantor's meet up time line and Crafard telling the WC of a 2:30 PM or later arrival of Ruby back to the Carousel.

Crafard's WC testimony is really interesting to me. Partly because it seemed too often vague and yet purposely so imo.

I am going to reread Crafard's WC testimony several times and actually start a thread about it and him.

He spent so much time right there in the Carousel Club and interacting with Ruby every day for two months.

He saw and heard so many things in his time there, more than any other employee for sure.

I felt he was holding back a lot of information from the WC about everything he observed in his two months living 24/7 right inside the Carousel Club and was too defensive of Ruby, downplaying things like Ruby's temper and dust ups with rowdy customers like never seeing him hit any of them?

This downplaying of Ruby's violent actions from time to time contradicts the testimony of others including the strippers who worked at the CC.

Crafard also downplayed any notion of the Dallas police ever drinking anything but coffee and cokes and 7 UP at any time upon their stopping in at the Carousel while he worked there. 

I think Crafard's main goal in his WC testimony was to protect himself from blurting out anything that may have put him in any jeopardy, which would explain his downplaying many things he observed in his live-in residency time at Ruby's Club.

He also says things that too often seem to contradict.

I'll go into such in a later thread specific to Crafard's WC testimony.

He's a real character however. Perfectly fitting in the crazy mix of other Carousel Club employees and Jack Ruby himself.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Who was Curtis Laverne ( Larry ) Crafard ( aka Craford. )

WebJan 25, 2023 · Curtis Laverne "Larry" Craford was an important witness to Jack Ruby's activities prior to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 4/3/2023 at 8:21 AM, Charles Blackmon said:

"A researcher by the name of Mark Shaw who investigated Kilgallen’s death found that she was under surveillance by the FBI" 

I read one of the books about Dorothy Kilgallen. The only thing I could pick up from her story that would arouse the interest of the FBI would be: her contacts with Ruby, and her remarks about the JFKA in her weekly column. Decide for yourself why that would merit being surveilled by a passel of G-men. 

She managed to get on the wrong side of Hoover...

https://nypost.com/2016/12/04/dorothy-kilgallens-tell-all-on-a-mafia-don-might-have-got-her-killed/

• According to the Curtis Crafard ( aka Craford) background information shared in the link I provided above, Crafard is an incredibly suspect actor in the whole Jack Ruby/Oswald affair.
  • Like the interview guest Marc Groubert suggests, Crafard had the 2nd longest WC interview after Ruth Paine. 2nd longest?
  • Why would the WC spend so much time on a toothless hobo traveling type carni charactor who was just a club cleanup and dog feeding and occasional errand runner for 2 months for Jack Ruby?
  • So much of what Crafard shared to the WC was laughably suspicious.
  • He takes off from his Carousel Club job spontaneously to travel over 1,000 miles hitchhiking in the Mid-West Northern cold of late November with one bag and a nap sack, not even a heavy warm jacket?
  • And with just $7 in his pocket?
  • A journey that took several days and many rides, some of which were only 20 to 30 miles in distance?
  • He is left out at night in some instances and walks up to 10 miles or more in the dark and somehow still gets rides?
  • His few meals 100's of miles apart each cost him $1.50 cents. He gave that exact same cost 3 times when the WC Commission asked him what he spent on them
  • Crafard seemed to remember the make of cars which he rode in remarkably well.
  • Chevy, Ford, etc.
  • One can only guess why Crafard wasn't a sleep deprived zombie by the end of his cold weather and miles of walking journey.
  • Supposedly he would doze off during his long mileage term car rides?
  • Obviously the WC felt his spontaneous job quitting and light jacket, $7 carrying hitchhiking adventure to the Canadien border in freezing late November Mid-West weather was a farce.
  •  
Edited by Joe Bauer