The Education Forum

Why Officer Tippit Stopped his Killer

Mr. WHALEY. He looked like his clothes had been slept in, sir, but he wasn't actually dirty. The T-shirt was a little soiled around the collar but the bottom part of it was white.

Picayune details are sometimes telling.  Oswald remonstrated for his right to take a shower in jail on 11/22 because he hadn't taken one at the Paine house that morning, or scored any clean clothes.  In a hurry for the big day, after this unaccustomed weeknight sleepover?  Or just totally unaware that he'd be facing destiny?

People ask, why didn't he take his pistol to the TSBD?  Why didn't he clean up for fight or flight, either?

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Mr. WHALEY. He looked like his clothes had been slept in, sir, but he wasn't actually dirty. The T-shirt was a little soiled around the collar but the bottom part of it was white.

Picayune details are sometimes telling.  Oswald remonstrated for his right to take a shower in jail on 11/22 because he hadn't taken one at the Paine house that morning, or scored any clean clothes.  In a hurry for the big day, after this unaccustomed weeknight sleepover?  Or just totally unaware that he'd be facing destiny?

People ask, why didn't he take his pistol to the TSBD?  Why didn't he clean up for fight or flight, either?

Just a thought... he'd be going home after work Friday anyway.... he'd shower at home for the weekend....

Could "someone" have taken Whaley's cab to the 500 block of N. Beckley? - Sure...

How many different "Oswald's" would YOU plan to have leave Dealey Plaza to confuse the issue?  Each witness tells the truth, yet they ALL can't be Oswald.

again, Just a thought.

13 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Just a thought... he'd be going home after work Friday anyway.... he'd shower at home for the weekend....

Could "someone" have taken Whaley's cab to the 500 block of N. Beckley? - Sure...

How many different "Oswald's" would YOU plan to have leave Dealey Plaza to confuse the issue?  Each witness tells the truth, yet they ALL can't be Oswald.

again, Just a thought.

For a while now, I've had a hunch that conspirators in the TSBD arrived there late Thursday night or in the very dark hours of Friday morning with weapons and a rifle to plant.  They hid on the seventh floor or the little shack on the roof.  Among them, of course, would be LEE Oswald.  As I just posted in another thread, I'm wondering if it might have been LEE Oswald that took the bus and taxi.  Whaley's description of a disheveled wino would fit the bill for a guy who just spent an uncomfortable night in a warehouse.  It might also account for Mrs. Bledsoe's claim.

On 7/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, Paul Jolliffe said:

Steve,

That bit from Mrs. Marguerite Oswald is fascinating and corroborates what I have long suspected: Marina lived there with someone else! Marina was seen with someone at the Irving Furniture Mart in the first week of November (on a weekday, while our LHO was at work.) There are a number of "Oswald", Marina and baby sightings in the two months before the assassination that don't fit because our "Oswald" could not have been there. 

But Marina . . .

BTW, from which Joachim Joesten book was that excerpt from?

Also, the essay "The Georges of Neely Street" was written by Gayle Nix Jackson, granddaughter of Orville.

https://gaylenixjackson.com/jfk-assassination/3107/

Steve,

I just read "Marina Oswald" by Joachim Joesten in its entirety. Fascinating - Joesten's emphasis on Marina's lies and duplicitous behavior, before and after the assassination, is very well done.

Harold Weisberg referred to Marina as "Scheherezade" , the legendary Persian storyteller who spared her own life by telling tales so fantastic for 1,001 nights that the beguiled king fell in love with her and married her.

Anyway, thanks for the link. Now I am reading Joesten's "Oswald: Assassin or Fall Guy?" which is also available for free here:

https://www.krusch.com/books/kennedy/Oswald_Assassin_Or_Fall_Guy.pdf