The Education Forum

Dallas

Ron Bulman

How big of a role did it play in the site of JFK's execution?  Huge?  Away from Washington, NY, Florida, Chicago or LA.  Big enough to attract JFK's attention.  Known already as a city of hate from the right, a challenge to him?  

I've read recently thoughts that seem to come together there suggesting it was in control of the CIA.   The Cabell's.  Charles, Air Force general and Deputy Director of the CIA, fired by JFK over the Bay of Pigs along with Dulles.  Brother Earle, Mayor of Dallas at the time of the assassination, now known as a CIA asset since 1955.  Dulles visits there in October 1963.  TSBD owner Byrd intertwined through the Military Industrial Complex.  

The mob contacts to get Ruby to do Oswald when things went wrong.

So much more.

Best in full screen, it's old/dated and grainy.  But worth the watch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=did+you+ever+seen+dallas+from+a+dc9+at+night&&view=detail&mid=B353DC4B74B0E7301A83B353DC4B74B0E7301A83&rvsmid=3730DBADE599815859423730DBADE59981585942&FORM=VDRVRV

Maybe the thread topic should have been Why Was Dallas Chosen?  The presence of Military Intelligence?  The CIA/Military controlled the TSBD.  The CIA knew they could use the local mob for support if necessary?  

He landed about this time of night in Fort Worth at Carswell Airforce Base in Fort Worth to spend his last night on earth, a bit more cordially than Dallas ultimately welcomed him, with the art in his suite in particular. 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=jfk+memorial+fort+worth&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&refig=cd955ef4627a462ab8daecddf0fc76f5&sp=-1&pq=jfk+memorial+fort+worth&sc=4-23&qs=n&sk=&cvid=cd955ef4627a462ab8daecddf0fc76f5

Edited by Ron Bulman

I once watched a televised 11/22/63 interview of Mayor Earle Cabell on You Tube, and I was struck by, 1) his absence of emotion, and 2) his somewhat odd claim that the assassination "could have happened anywhere."

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I once watched a televised 11/22/63 interview of Mayor Earle Cabell on You Tube, and I was struck by, 1) his absence of emotion

Contrast that with the extreme emotion of General Maxwell Taylor, one two occasions, when the subject of the assassination arose. According to the biography An American Soldier by his son John M. Taylor (pp. 290-291), in a 1964 interview for the Kennedy Library's oral history series, when the assassination came up, Taylor "broke down." He couldn't speak for "several minutes." And more than a decade later, during a family dinner, "his voice broke" on the subject of Kennedy. 

How would you interpret such behavior by an Army general, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? It suggests to me an extremely guilty conscience.

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

Contrast that with the extreme emotion of General Maxwell Taylor, one two occasions, when the subject of the assassination arose. According to the biography An American Soldier by his son John M. Taylor (pp. 290-291), in a 1964 interview for the Kennedy Library's oral history series, when the assassination came up, Taylor "broke down." He couldn't speak for "several minutes." And more than a decade later, during a family dinner, "his voice broke" on the subject of Kennedy. 

How would you interpret such behavior by an Army general, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? It suggests to me an extremely guilty conscience.

Ron,

Professor James K. Galbraith (son of JFK confidant and legendary diplomat John Kenneth Galbraith) argued two decades ago Maxwell Taylor had already approved steps to undermine JFK's "Exit Strategy" at the infamous Honolulu conference on 11/20/63:

"7) At Honolulu, a preliminary plan, known as CINCPAC OPLAN 34-63 and later implemented as OPLAN 34A, was prepared for presentation. This plan called for intensified sabotage raids against the North, employing Vietnamese commandos under U.S. control—a significant escalation.5 While JCS chief Taylor had approved preparation of this plan, it had not been shown to McNamara. Tab E of the meeting’s briefing book, also approved by Taylor and also not sent in advance to McNamara, showed that the withdrawal ordered by Kennedy in October was already being gutted, by the device of substituting for the withdrawal of full units that of individual soldiers who were being rotated out of Vietnam in any event."

I don't see how anyone can interpret that as anything but evidence (proof?) that Taylor disagreed with President Kennedy's plans to get us out of Vietnam, come hell or high water.

http://bostonreview.net/us/galbraith-exit-strategy-vietnam

Edited by Paul Jolliffe

Ron mentions that Dallas was 'CIA controlled'.  I doubt anyone on the forum would question  that Chicago and Miami were CIA/Mob controlled, as well.  So, as to what part Dallas played in the assassination, it was simply another place that, with the help of others such as Cabell, met the criteria, as a location, for another attempt to murder the president.  If the earlier attempts were carried out by the same people, then Dallas was just a convenient location to finish the job.  As president Kennedy said on the morning of the 22nd, (paraphrasing) anyone could kill him from the top of a building with a high powered rifle.  My belief is that once the decision was made to kill him, if it didn't happen in one planned location then they would go on to the next, and the next, until it was done!

52 minutes ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Ron,

Professor James K. Galbraith (son of JFK confidant and legendary diplomat John Kenneth Galbraith) argued two decades ago Maxwell Taylor had already approved steps to undermine JFK's "Exit Strategy" at the infamous Honolulu conference on 11/20/63:

"7) At Honolulu, a preliminary plan, known as CINCPAC OPLAN 34-63 and later implemented as OPLAN 34A, was prepared for presentation. This plan called for intensified sabotage raids against the North, employing Vietnamese commandos under U.S. control—a significant escalation.5 While JCS chief Taylor had approved preparation of this plan, it had not been shown to McNamara. Tab E of the meeting’s briefing book, also approved by Taylor and also not sent in advance to McNamara, showed that the withdrawal ordered by Kennedy in October was already being gutted, by the device of substituting for the withdrawal of full units that of individual soldiers who were being rotated out of Vietnam in any event."

I don't see how anyone can interpret that as anything but evidence (proof?) that Taylor disagreed with President Kennedy's plans to get us out of Vietnam, come hell or high water.

http://bostonreview.net/us/galbraith-exit-strategy-vietnam

Thanks. It occurs to me that Taylor and others may have seen JFK's "exit strategy" as abandoning an allies the South Vietnamese, just as a more recent president has been seen as abandoning our allies the Kurds.

The big difference, of course, is that Trump's Syria withdrawal was not a strategy, it was a tweet.

Virtually every Vallee report tries to differentiate him from Oswald yet put him in a similar light without directly saying so... IMHO.

If Chicago and Tampa were Diversions why did the SS destroy those trip reports as well?

Between Newman’s newest work and the great things Steve Thomas is doing, ACIS (hope I got that right) and the Lt. Colonels are looking more and more culpable.  If Taylor was aware but could not stop it, that might account for his emotions

FWIW

59a9e48f85ec1_VALLEE-Chicagoeditorsaysnottruthto4menarrestednary-wcdocs-36_0015_0002.thumb.jpg.a859fcbb1106017fc256e11353c7edd1.jpg