The Education Forum

Six Days In Dallas

Guest Bart Kamp

Just finished reading Mr. Safaty's essay.

Very interesting and in a refreshingly warm and non-biased open-minded way.

You realize how much there is to look at and study and contemplate in and around Dallas and Dealey Plaza.  So many points of dramatic events involving main characters.

Mr. Safaty was there 6 days?

And he still didn't get to General Walker's home, Ruth Paine's home...or I assume Jack Ruby's old Carousel Club location?

That photo of homeless people bundled up in blanket's in the Dealey Plaza pergola just feet from where JFK's head was exploded is so telling to me.

A sign of our current times, where millions of Americans cannot afford the cost of housing and so many homeless are addicted to drugs which makes them useless in getting, holding and keeping jobs.

On the California Coast from SF to San Diego, there are so many homeless like this and so visible now as they roam in groups, you are just numbed to it and consider it normal for the times. I recently read that there are 500,000 or more homeless just in California alone!

But thank you Mr. Safaty for your wonderful account of your Dallas/Dealey Plaza adventure.

I too would like to see the old Dallas PD building basement and ramp where Jack Ruby carried out his hit on Oswald.

Spent a wonderful few hours with Neale....

An extremely interesting, curious, joyful, intelligent person

I hope we get the opportunity to hang out again together and just talk and explore the possibilities...

DJ