The Education Forum

Baytown Sun newspaper and the JFK Aide that also died

In the Baytown paper story that begins this thread, the dead agent sighting seems to be conflated with Sen. Yarborough's account of seeing Clint Hill in "anguish" on the limo trunk.  Hill famously lay down prone for the dash to the hospital, and the sight may have been fodder for rumor that day.

There is, however, the blood pool on the pergola sidewalk witnessed by reporter Jerry Coley .  Not to start more rumor...

Edited by David Andrews

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

In the Baytown paper story that begins this thread, the dead agent sighting seems to be conflated with Sen. Yarborough's account of seeing Clint Hill in "anguish" on the limo trunk.  Hill famously lay down prone for the dash to the hospital, and the sight may have been fodder for rumor that day.

There is, however, the blood pool on the pergola sidewalk witnessed by reporter Jerry Coley .  Not to start more rumor...

Strawberry soda pop bottle dropped when the shots were fired.  Shattered.  Tom Thumb bag found with the negros lunch remains.  Though they never were.  Odd, I don't remember the broken pop bottle itself or shards of glass being mentioned.  Lest someone believe this, as it's all been spouted and discussed in depth here and elsewhere before.  Though no expert on the subject I've never seen any proof.  Even if I Do believe the reporter, he couldn't prove it.  Wasn't his evidence (pictures?) taken?

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Strawberry soda pop bottle dropped when the shots were fired.  Shattered.  Tom Thumb bag found with the negros lunch remains.  Though they never were.  Odd, I don't remember the broken pop bottle itself or shards of glass being mentioned.  Lest someone believe this, as it's all been spouted and discussed in depth here and elsewhere before.  Though no expert on the subject I've never seen any proof.  Even if I Do believe the reporter, he couldn't prove it.  Wasn't his evidence (pictures?) taken?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=strawberry+fields+forever&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&refig=4fb0fc6095964410935d94f1bc1adcfd&sp=1&qs=SC&pq=strawbery+fields&sk=PRES1&sc=8-16&cvid=4fb0fc6095964410935d94f1bc1adcfd

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Len Osanic's Black Op Radio interview with Jerry Coley on the blood pool is show #967 of 2019, aired 11/29.  The free link below is good for only a few more days, at which time the 2019 shows will be archived for sale:

http://blackopradio.com/archives2019.html

This is an older interview with Coley that was rebroadcast.

Edited by David Andrews

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread back up to the top because I think it is VERY important! The article from Vince is definite MUST read! It contains three of the most perplexing mysteries in this case and with this case that is saying a lot!!!! You have the dead secret service agent story reported on day one. You have the pools of blood reported by Coley as well as others. And you have the story about a man approaching the Presidential limo on another street well before it got the the kill zone on Elm and seemed like he may have been trying to warn the President before being tackled by secret service agents. Those three topics intrigue me very much! Thank you for the work you have done on this article Vince! And thank you Joseph McBride for sharing it with us! I'm a big fan of your work on the Tippit shooting!

Thanks for bumping this thread @Jamey Flanagan . It was thought provoking to read. I've been fascinated by the Coley blood pool mystery in particular for a while. I did my own transcript of the Black Ops interview, and I believe his story.

You may find this tidbit interesting:

In @Vince Palamara's 2015 book "JFK - From Parkland To Bethesda" Pg. 46, Vince quotes a passage from 21 H 213-215. Parkland nurse Bertha L. Lozano - "A technician came to the desk and asked me to expect a private patient who was bleeding... blood technicians came to ask me who 'Mr. X' was who did not have an ER number. Hematology also came with the same problem and was told the same thing."

You're quite welcome @Denny Zartman! I have dipped my toes into the pool of blood story, so to speak, lol, and have also looked into the dead secret service guy angle before also. But I hadn't really heard the story (as far as I could remember anyway) about the guy running out toward the Presidential limo and shouting something, possibly a warning, until I read about it in The Lonestar Speaks. So, imagine my delight in searching older posts and find that article that hit on all these points at least a little! Great job @Vince Palamara!

9 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

You're quite welcome @Denny Zartman! I have dipped my toes into the pool of blood story, so to speak, lol, and have also looked into the dead secret service guy angle before also. But I hadn't really heard the story (as far as I could remember anyway) about the guy running out toward the Presidential limo and shouting something, possibly a warning, until I read about it in The Lonestar Speaks. So, imagine my delight in searching older posts and find that article that hit on all these points at least a little! Great job @Vince Palamara!

Thanks!