The Education Forum

Lancer Dead, COPA Dead, Now CAPA?

Rob Clark

According to CAPA member Bill Kelly, there was big blowup at the last CAPA meeting over the blowback from the Oliver Stone/Judyth Baker debacle. Even capitulating that JFK Conferences LLC should pick up half of Oliver Stone's travel, lodging expenses and speaking fee. Because of the blowback, Kelly is blaming critics of the 2019 CAPA conference for its impending demise. I offer that they brought it upon themselves cavorting with Judyth and recognizing her conference as legitimate. The simple fact that their own Chairman of the Board Cyril Wecht, chose to speak at her conference, AND speak on the Grassy Knoll with her group..and it was her group doing the Knoll ceremony along with other noted fraud Beverly Oliver, coupled with Oliver Stone spending more time over there at her conference than at CAPA that are the main issues here. If CAPA goes, this leaves fraud Judyth Baker the sole Dallas-based conference. As Bill so eloquently said..."Congratulations" 🙄 This is what it has come to...if you cant do and run the Dallas conference correctly and successfully, then maybe it is time to go. Hell...even John Newman is speaking at the next JudyCon/TrineDay/JFKHistoricalGroup conference in April in Kansas City...Really guys?

image.png.e9dfd69ef867374009fd89c5d87b4ad0.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I knew (from seeing it firsthand) that the Stone/Judyth meeting was going to be huge news, but I didn't think it would come to this.

Authors Dick Russell, John Newman, Robert Groden, Cyril Wecht, Mel Hyman, Robert Tanenbaum, etc. etc. etc. speak at her conferences. Being that there are only two conferences on the planet, our choices are narrow.

I did see quite a few CAPA folks smiling and intermingling with people from the "other" conference on the knoll during the ceremony. The public at large doesn't know or care about any of this infighting and so forth. The hour is way late and the choices are very few. Gone are A.S.K. , COPA, Lancer, Jerry Rose's Third and Fourth Decades conferences, the Midwest Conferences of the 1990's, etc.

Ironically, even Walt Brown, a former COPA board member who wrote a book against Judyth, is a TRINE DAY author! Oops...

Product details

Product details

• Paperback
  • Publisher: Trine Day (1831)
  • ASIN: B01FIZESVS
  • image.png.472fcb28f2c601c0c8e1a85a22534f68.png

Edited by Vince Palamara

And why would Walt, a vociferous foe of Judyth, have a book published by her very same publisher? Because of what I said above:

"The hour is way late and the choices are very few."

Hmmm...more of Walt Brown with Trine Day:

https://www.amazon.com/Other-Oswald-Wilderness-Mirrors/dp/1634242807/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1579569546&refinements=p_27%3AWalt+Brown&s=books&sr=1-1&text=Walt+Brown

• Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Trine Day; None edition (April 15, 2020)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1634242807
  • ISBN-13: 978-1634242806
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches

image.thumb.png.358a273d6441e0e17250a715adbb86bf.png

image.png.b53dbf06291f9ecbc6008ca841632d3b.png

There are two JFK assassination publishers: Trine Day and Skyhorse; that's it, folks.

There are two JFK assassination conferences: Judyth/Trine Day and CAPA; that's it, folks.

Edited by Vince Palamara

Wait a minute, wait a minute...haha...what is going on here?! I just did more "digging" and found these from the official CAPA website:

https://capa-us.org/boards/

CAPA BOARD MEMBERS Tanenbaum, Newman, Cyril Wecht, son Ben Wecht, Bolden, and Benson who have all spoken at Judyth's conferences! In fact, Randy Benson was in charge of filming the entire Judyth/Trine Day conference: he was there for the entire thing filming away! :)  I am confused at the outrage of CAPA now!

Image may contain: Randy Benson and Pete Hymans, people smiling

Edited by Vince Palamara

What do they have to fold for?

Trine Day was publishing conspiracy stuff long before they published Baker’s stuff. If Kris hadn’t found that hot pic of Baker to stick on the cover of ME AND LEE I doubt this whole chain of events would have started. That noted, if someone can mock up a backyard photo of Oswald with a rifle, Kris should spend a few days with Photoshop putting together the 70’s adventures of Baker with Elvis Presley. He’d get a few more book sales and keep the operation running.

Anyway, why does CAPA have to fold? Maybe tell the guests to show it a bit more love next year or something.

If it does fold it would be grimly funny to see the only remaining conference be one where Baker rules the roost and everyone pays lip service to a relationship and narrative that clearly never happened.

I’m guessing Walt Brown views the Trine Day Baker stuff with a shrug. Skyhorse also publishes a few dumb books alongside their many good ones. 

1 minute ago, Anthony Thorne said:

What do they have to fold for?

Trine Day was publishing conspiracy stuff long before they published Baker’s stuff. If Kris hadn’t found that hot pic of Baker to stick on the cover of ME AND LEE I doubt this whole chain of events would have started. That noted, if someone can mock up a backyard photo of Oswald with a rifle, Kris should spend a few days with Photoshop putting together the 70’s adventures of Baker with Elvis Presley. He’d get a few more book sales and keep the operation running.

Anyway, why does CAPA have to fold? Maybe tell the guests to show it a bit more love next year or something.

If it does fold it would be grimly funny to see the only remaining conference be one where Baker rules the roost and everyone pays lip service to a relationship and narrative that clearly never happened.

I’m guessing Walt Brown views the Trine Day Baker stuff with a shrug. Skyhorse also publishes a few dumb books alongside their many good ones. 

I agree--it is silly for CAPA to fold. Keep going!

I only pointed out Walt Brown and the board members of CAPA who speak/attend Judyth's conference to note the hypocrisy inherent in their association: if they were so up in arms about Judyth, why the association?

As I pointed out before, I vividly remember (in those pre-social media days) the outrage over Deb and her JFK Lancer: "she's a spy! She came out of nowhere!! Oh my God- she has co-opted so many authors! Why would COPA speakers speak at her conferences?!?!?"

Now she bonded with COPA to form CAPA and that is all a very inconvenient distant memory now.

5 minutes ago, Anthony Thorne said:

As I also noted in prior posts/comments (in response to Pat Speer's curiosity on the matter), no one took a loyalty oath at Judyth's conference...in fact, no one I spoke to even thought of it as her conference anyway! Trine Day publisher Kris Millegan was much more out front and vocal. Coupled with so many Trine Day authors, it felt like a Trine Day conference...and, judging by the reaction of the attendees, I don't think they give a *&% about all of this stuff: they were there to hear the speakers. And, again- I saw and heard a LOT of co-mingling on the knoll/plaza between CAPA conference attendees and Judyth/Trine Day attendees...no one seemed bothered there, either.

What hypocrisy?

Just because Walt doesn’t like Baker’s books, doesn’t mean he has to sever ties with her publisher. 

By and large I think people can do whatever they want to do. If Baker wants to run her conference, fine. CAPA should continue to run theirs too. That said if someone paid for Stone’s plane ticket and he spent more time next door, I can see why someone would be irked. But that’s really on Stone. I wasn’t there, and even if I was, I probably wouldn’t have been the guy who paid for his ticket, so likely wouldn’t care either way.

CAPA is doing good stuff and I see a lot of good work coming out from the participants these days so it would be a shame if they all packed it in.

Just now, Anthony Thorne said:

What hypocrisy?

Just because Walt doesn’t like Baker’s books, doesn’t mean he has to sever ties with her publisher. 

By and large I think people can do whatever they want to do. If Baker wants to run her conference, fine. CAPA should continue to run theirs too. That said if someone paid for Stone’s plane ticket and he spent more time next door, I can see why someone would be irked. But that’s really on Stone. I wasn’t there, and even if I was, I probably wouldn’t have been the guy who paid for his ticket, so likely wouldn’t care either way.

CAPA is doing good stuff and I see a lot of good work coming out from the participants these days so it would be a shame if they all packed it in.

I agree, by and large, with a lot of what you say.

I guess I am thinking about a few people who make statements like "no one associated with CAPA should be caught dead near her conference!"

Epic fail---several board members are! :)

And Walt, perhaps Judyth's number one critic, doesn't mind the publisher association. No biggie to me, but some would say "ewww-why publish on 'her' label?"

1 minute ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Vince - re above - fair enough. 

James Corbett has run some big 9/11-related semi conferences with a week or more of participants. He did it all over Skype for free and chucked everything on YouTube for everyone to watch at the end of the week.

Very cool idea!

It's funny--despite all the hard feelings from some, the number of attendees at both conferences this past fall is about on par with the 1990's conferences I attended: 150 or so people.

Back in 1999, Deb was the one a lot of people were weary of (it is what it is, right or wrong).

20 years later, it is someone else.

I figure people can say whatever they want, but there would be a big crowd at Baker’s conference who have never followed the details and might have easily ended up attending CAPA under different circumstances. If you’re a writer trying to get the word out, why throw them all out with the bath water.

An idea which will never happen but which would have been good to see. Both sides should have a detente on the retail side of things and have everyone’s books available under a big tent somewhere, so people can buy Jim D’s book, Hyman’s volume from Trine Day, Newman’s latest, other good ones, and I guess Bakers if they were dumb enough. But obviously this will never happen.

Possibly Walt doesn’t want to be choosy and they made him a nice offer, like, how about we publish your book. Do authors turn down publishers that often? I thought it was usually the other way around.

8 minutes ago, Anthony Thorne said:

I figure people can say whatever they want, but there would be a big crowd at Baker’s conference who have never followed the details and might have easily ended up attending CAPA under different circumstances. If you’re a writer trying to get the word out, why throw them all out with the bath water.

An idea which will never happen but which would have been good to see. Both sides should have a detente on the retail side of things and have everyone’s books available under a big tent somewhere, so people can buy Jim D’s book, Hyman’s volume from Trine Day, Newman’s latest, other good ones, and I guess Bakers if they were dumb enough. But obviously this will never happen.

Possibly Walt doesn’t want to be choosy and they made him a nice offer, like, how about we publish your book. Do authors turn down publishers that often? I thought it was usually the other way around.

I like your ideas

2 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Well said.  I hope CAPA or something like it survives.  A yearly conference as an alternative to Judy's bs is important.