The Education Forum

CE 1838

I have recently become aware of Commission Exhibit 1838 and I am kind of stunned.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1139#relPageId=549&tab=page

On March 3, 1964, Marina Oswald drove around in a car with FBI Agents Wallace Heitman and Anatole Buguslav, and pointed out the route she and Lee Harvey Oswald had taken on a night in March, 1963 with him carrying a rifle wrapped up in a raincoat.

image.png.dfebab1bc56660d24ff9ac6f96dbf365.png

At the end of the evening in March, 1963, she thinks that Oswald catches a bus somewhere, and she is left alone in the dark to make her own way back home.

However,

Exactly one month earlier, on February 3, 1964, Marina had told the Warren Commission.

WC testimony of Marina Oswald February 3, 1964

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/oswald_m1.htm

Mr. RANKIN. Did you ever observe your husband taking the rifle away from the apartment on Neely Street?
Mrs. OSWALD. Now, I think that he probably did sometimes, but I never did see it. You must understand that sometimes I would be in the kitchen and he would be in his room downstairs, and he would say bye-bye, I will be hack soon, and he may have taken it. He probably did. Perhaps he purely waited for an occasion when he could take it away without my seeing it.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you learn at any time that he had been practicing with the rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. I think that he went once or twice. I didn't actually see him take the rifle, but I knew that he was practicing.

I don't know what to say.

Steve Thomas

Its amazing the things in the WC volumes, isn't it?

Man, what they did to that woman.  She sure didn't want to go back to Russia did she?

17 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I have recently become aware of Commission Exhibit 1838 and I am kind of stunned.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1139#relPageId=549&tab=page

On March 3, 1964, Marina Oswald drove around in a car with FBI Agents Wallace Heitman and Anatole Buguslav, and pointed out the route she and Lee Harvey Oswald had taken on a night in March, 1963 with him carrying a rifle wrapped up in a raincoat.

image.png.dfebab1bc56660d24ff9ac6f96dbf365.png

At the end of the evening in March, 1963, she thinks that Oswald catches a bus somewhere, and she is left alone in the dark to make her own way back home.

However,

Exactly one month earlier, on February 3, 1964, Marina had told the Warren Commission.

WC testimony of Marina Oswald February 3, 1964

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/oswald_m1.htm

Mr. RANKIN. Did you ever observe your husband taking the rifle away from the apartment on Neely Street?
Mrs. OSWALD. Now, I think that he probably did sometimes, but I never did see it. You must understand that sometimes I would be in the kitchen and he would be in his room downstairs, and he would say bye-bye, I will be hack soon, and he may have taken it. He probably did. Perhaps he purely waited for an occasion when he could take it away without my seeing it.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you learn at any time that he had been practicing with the rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. I think that he went once or twice. I didn't actually see him take the rifle, but I knew that he was practicing.

I don't know what to say.

Steve Thomas

Me too.  Lee and Marina walked from Neely with the rifle wrapped in a raincoat then Lee got on a buss at Beckley?  Leaving Marina to go to the fish store and ice cream store... 

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Me too.  Lee and Marina walked from Neely with the rifle wrapped in a raincoat then Lee got on a buss at Beckley?  Leaving Marina to go to the fish store and ice cream store... 

Ron,

From that same Commission Exhibit:

image.png.6b5b62544988b3a7df629669cdd3ec0b.png

image.png.e8a2f4fba68b3cc185abd816a74a5cc7.png

What do you think the chances are that Marina knew exactly where Oswald was living as of October 15, 1963, despite what she and Ruth Paine told James Hosty on November 1st?

Steve Thomas

In addition to contradicting her February 3 testimony this story just seems so ridiculous.  Walking down the street with a rifle wrapped in a raincoat.  The rifle is still rigid, he couldn't casually toss the raincoat over his shoulder.  Getting on the bus with it?  I could see Mae West already sitting in the bus.  Is that a rifle in your raincoat, or are you just happy to see me?

After Ed's thread about Ozzie's room on Beckley I don't know what to make of all that.  I've thought before that Lee had to tell Marina he was staying somewhere.  Beckley, with a friend or co-worker, the YMCA?  IDK.