The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 10/20/2022 at 11:16 PM, Matthew Koch said:

RFK grandson Conor Kennedy reveals he secretly fought on frontline in Ukraine
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/conor-kennedy-rfk-ukraine-war-b2207117.html

Conor Kennedy, grandson of Robert F Kennedy, has revealed on Instagram that he secretly fought in Ukraine earlier this year against the Russian invasion.

The 28-year-old said he was “moved” to enlist, despite having no military experience, and joined the Ukrainian International Legion.

I do wonder how RFK Jr views the Ukraine Russia war. On one hand he’d be proud to see his son stand up for ideals, on the other I suspect he sees this catastrophe as less than one sided. 

As @Benjamin Cole that’s the kind of move for Conor that will give him some credit if he runs for office someday. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

40 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

I do wonder how RFK Jr views the Ukraine Russia war. On one hand he’d be proud to see his son stand up for ideals, on the other I suspect he sees this catastrophe as less than one sided. 

As @Benjamin Cole that’s the kind of move for Conor that will give him some credit if he runs for office someday. 

If young Kennedy doesn’t see what’s really going on in Ukraine, it doesn’t augur well for his future in politics – or anything else for that matter.

3 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

If young Kennedy doesn’t see what’s really going on in Ukraine, it doesn’t augur well for his future in politics – or anything else for that matter.

From our POV, John, yes. From his naive one, it might mean he is a Kennedy who gets to comb grey hair. I do also think someone being a young idealist can be taken in by things and can later turn around and use the story in a way thats relatable to a following. After all, who wasn’t taken in by the Iraq War II propaganda here? Not many of us here. 

In the public eyes its always going to look like he is defending the underdog in Ukraine from a foreign invader. They’ll never understand the nuances. I also believe that you need to get elected before you make changes and try and taking on this oligarchy. Also, he could just be a dumb kid who is devoid of direction in life and feels he has something to prove. 🤷‍♂️ Its interesting the relationship between he and his father, the fact he said he is going somewhere and not to ask. Perhaps RFK Jr has the blinkers on to some degree in this scenario (hard to believe). He is so in tune with whats been happening in recent years in terms of corruption, I like him.

I was having a discussion with an Oxford Uni psychologist friend the other day with a few glasses of wine and we were questioning how much of a persons personality is developmental, environmental or inherited. In Conor’s case I suspect its a combination of all in that family. The attraction to follow in the footsteps of someone you hold up as a hero or martyr is more attractive than having a long life. I guess he feels like he is living every moment and that is like a drug itself, that most never experience or can relate to. 

19 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

After all, who wasn’t taken in by the Iraq War II propaganda here? Not many of us here. 

Who wasn't? I wasn't! , I demonstrated against it. Probably a lot of people here weren't. We had this conversation, you got sucked into George Bush and Tony Blair's war, but I  have a daughter around your age who wasn't sucked into it for a second!

Of course her Father was skeptical about the JFKA and the findings of the Warren Commission long before either of you were born.    heh heh

But maybe your Dad was a John Wayne conservative type.

That's the way it goes sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Who wasn't? I wasn't! , I demonstrated against it. Probably a lot of people here weren't. We had this conversation, you got sucked into George Bush and Tony Blair's war, but I  have a daughter around your age who wasn't sucked into it for a second!

Of course her Father was skeptical about the JFKA and the findings of the Warren Commission long before either of you were born.    heh heh

But maybe your Dad was a John Wayne conservative type.

That's the way it goes sometimes.

You’re so comical, the way everything must have an edge or a poke. You’ve waiting a while to get John Wayne out of your system. I thought that comment would provoke something ☺️🤣

I’ve told you my fathers views and he loves a western. He’s also WW1 and WW2 documentary fixated

🤠 Don’t you like Butch and Sundance? I like a bit of Josey Wales and Missouri Breaks. Open Range more recently was quite good, 310 to Yuma etc. But, a lot of it bores the ass off me, particularly John Wayne films. I am much more a Dances with Wolves or Legends of the fall, type guy. I watch tons of movies across many genre’s. 

I do remember you mentioning previously that your dau. was against it, and good on her. I am sure that made you very proud. As for me, I was very busy living life at that time, in the prime of my youth. I really had no time or inclination to be reading geopolitics at that time, there was only girls, beers and sports, living I guess. I was a brought up a conservative (as I mentioned before), Blair was labour (the enemy then). My mistake in my hectic existence back then was trusting BBC, Sky News and MSM to supply the public with objective journalism. Something most people did. They lied to us, just like Blair and Bush. One big difference between you and I is that almost 20 years later, you are still relying on MSM for impartial news. I haven’t trusted it for the best part of the time since Iraq II. When will you take the leap? Out of interest does your dau. watch and believe the same news as you now? What has she made of the past few years and events? 

Are there any other major conspiracies besides the JFKA that you believe took place? 

2 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Yes, there is always that angle---was it calculated posturing? After all, Conor could simply join the US armed forces also. But that would mean four years in and two years reserve duty. 

But this way Conor gets to calibrate the time involved and the type of volunteer service--and get that street cred as a guy who has seen action. 

BTW, I believe in a draft military of citizen soldiers.

A permanent hyper-mobilized mercenary global guard service for multinationals (with huge self-determined intel state) is not what the founding fathers had in mind. 

17 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Yes, there is always that angle---was it calculated posturing? After all, Conor could simply join the US armed forces also. But that would mean four years in and two years reserve duty. 

But this way Conor gets to calibrate the time involved and the type of volunteer service--and get that street cred as a guy who has seen action. 

BTW, I believe in a draft military of citizen soldiers.

A permanent hyper-mobilized mercenary global guard service for multinationals (with huge self-determined intel state) is not what the founding fathers had in mind. 

You make a very good point there, Ben. I was always pro-national service as the teaching of discipline, a work ethic, respect etc would solve a lot of societal problems. However, that was while I viewed the state as more virtuous. Also we are training kids in school what tI think, not how to think. You’d end up with a military that just followed orders regardless of how heinous what they are asked to do is. I again reference Christopher R. Browning’s “Ordinary Men”, a book about what happened in the third reich and how ordinary people were coerced into doing horrible things. That and the multi-nationals having a fascist global army isn’t appealing at all. 

@Matthew Koch posted this one the other day, which I hadn’t seen before. Besides the humour there is a message that really resonates. 

“oh, you haven’t been listening to allied propaganda. Of course they’re gonna say we are the bad guys.” 

17 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

You make a very good point there, Ben. I was always pro-national service as the teaching of discipline, a work ethic, respect etc would solve a lot of societal problems. However, that was while I viewed the state as more virtuous. Also we are training kids in school what tI think, not how to think. You’d end up with a military that just followed orders regardless of how heinous what they are asked to do is. I again reference Christopher R. Browning’s “Ordinary Men”, a book about what happened in the third reich and how ordinary people were coerced into doing horrible things. That and the multi-nationals having a fascist global army isn’t appealing at all. 

@Matthew Koch posted this one the other day, which I hadn’t seen before. Besides the humour there is a message that really resonates. 

“oh, you haven’t been listening to allied propaganda. Of course they’re gonna say we are the bad guys.” 

Of course, they are plusses and minuses to a draft military or a mercenary military. No physical coercion in the latter case. 

But, I contend the mercenary military has in part enabled the perma-wars favored by US neocons and neolibs. 

In fact, Nixon and Kissinger invented the idea of an "all volunteer" military (an insulting misnomer) as they believed the US public (after Vietnam) would no longer tolerate people being drafted for foreign wars. They hit upon the solution. 

Such a large number of people associated with the military has also created powerful voting blocs (no one ever crosses the veterans associations, an untold story). 

I prefer a fair draft military. In WWII, the Kennedys had skin in the game, and the Bushes too. 

You don't see that any more. You see neolib and neocon chickenhawks galore. 

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

But, I contend the mercenary military has in part enabled the perma-wars favored by US neocons and neolibs. 

Its been the big stick used to threaten and beat any state or government that goes against the grain. As John Perkins described in “Confessions of an economic hitman.” 

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

In fact, Nixon and Kissinger invented the idea of an "all volunteer" military (an insulting misnomer) as they believed the US public (after Vietnam) would no longer tolerate people being drafted for foreign wars. They hit upon the solution. 

Propaganda is enough of a recruitment tool. 

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Such a large number of people associated with the military has also created powerful voting blocs (no one ever crosses the veterans associations, an untold story).

It puts the personnel and their families in support of your haliburton’s, northrup gruman, raetheon, and the oil lot. 

6 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I prefer a fair draft military. In WWII, the Kennedys had skin in the game, and the Bushes too. 

They did. Probably not in the cases cited but, how many blue blood families have had their sons goto war and have served on the periphery, have been protected. Then stories of their heroism is propagated to help them win election. Is JFK still the only president who got a purple heart? I am certainly not talking about PT109 here. 

12 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

And you're obviously about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Great comeback. 🤣😂😂 

It’s sort of funny that you’re always pushing for the escalation of war in Ukraine, considering they wouldn’t let you in the US military with an IQ less than 90.

Luckily you can just go over and help, anytime you want, the Ukrainians are not as fussy. RFK JR’s son has just been. I guess that would take more courage than sitting behind a keyboard and chirping mindless delusion about it. Christ, you’re more confused than Scooby Doo. 

38 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Great comeback. 🤣😂😂 

It’s sort of funny that you’re always pushing for the escalation of war in Ukraine, considering they wouldn’t let you in the US military with an IQ less than 90.

Luckily you can just go over and help, anytime you want, the Ukrainians are not as fussy. RFK JR’s son has just been. I guess that would take more courage than sitting behind a keyboard and chirping mindless delusion about it. Christ, you’re more confused than Scooby Doo. 

To be fair to Matt, the Ruskies already blew his brigade up! 😝

Edited by Matthew Koch

2 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Are there any other major conspiracies besides the JFKA that you believe took place? 

The most important ones going on right now Chris.

And I've told you about it in greater detail, than anyone else here.

I can lead you to water, but i can't guarantee you'll drink.

Similarly, sometimes it's necessary to  speak truth to power. If they keep running from direct questions,

i assume they have no courage of conviction, or are bs'ing.

You're a big Neil fan Chris.

Don't let it bring you down----- it's only castles burning

Find someone whose turning------and you may come around

I said maybe     heh heh

it's a joke!

2 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

The most important ones going on right now Chris.

And I've told you about it in greater detail, than anyone else here.

I can lead you to water, but i can't guarantee you'll drink.

Similarly, sometimes it's necessary to  speak truth to power. If they keep running from direct questions,

i assume they have no courage of conviction, or are bs'ing.

You're a big Neil fan Chris.

Don't let it bring you down----- it's only castles burning

Find someone whose turning------and you may come around

I said maybe     heh heh

it's a joke!

Kirk, what have I missed? 🙂 

Please indulge me one last time with a brief synopsis of the grand conspiracy happening right now?  I’ve obviously been positing one for almost 2 years here on the forum regarding a neo-feudalism, technocracy and scientific/bio-tyranny. Which looks more and more like I had Cassandra’s Curse back in 2020. I take it you are referring to something else? 

I actually know two of his colleagues at GB News quite well socially. What’s great about Neil Oliver is that he has put it all on the line to speak his mind. A lot were ahead of him on that journey but, its good to have a voice, of course there are many now. More every day. 

Courage is one thing that is largely missing today, people are afraid to speak their truth. @W. Niederhut said the other day that he was playing golf and some chap was espousing his Republican ideas about Trump the messiah coming back and saving the day in America. William didn’t have the heart to tell him he was a Democrat and his points of view. IMO this is a large what’s wrong. In contrast i’ll tell anyone who wants to hear it. I made a decision last year that if I lost work clients because of my views, so be it, there is more at stake. I understand why people stay quiet. Didn’t Dante say something like; the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who stay silent in times of great moral conflict? 

39 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

To be fair to Matt, the Ruskies already blew his brigade up! 😝

Haha

Heard a load of these. Its just like the islamic fundimentalists born In Britain that go off to fight a Jihad. Usually disillusioned types. They’re recruited by propaganda, deluded as hell and mostly come back with tail between legs or want tax payers money to repatriate them. The difference this time is that the UK govt was actually encouraging them to go this time.